papazoola

....Spencer re-signed by Ottawa today....cross his name off the list of 'maybe's'...Fa still has possibilities at receiver but I'm sure that's going to dwindle pretty quick as the days get closer to the 13th.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

Green as Grass Walters will no doubt end up having his choice of the 2nd & 3rd tier of CFL hobo free agents . .  . . . then calling them Tier 1 guys after signing them to contract!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

My compliments on your rankings papa. Hazelton and Spencer signed by their own. Have a feeling Sherrit will be along shortly.

Not sure signing Adarius Bowman puts the Bombers over the top but it would definitely say that they are serious about this year. Would also be an opportunity to see what kind of quarterback Matt Nichols could be or possibly not. Believe most receptions by Bowman include moving the yardsticks and would be an interesting combination that frees up space for Darvin Adams as well..

Happy with the Moe Leggett news although the one year deal has me wondering. Maybe some loyalty reward points involved.  Truth is even if he comes back 100 % he will not be the player he was 2 years ago. Still an all star and a good one but the Bombers will need to find the next Moe Leggett soon. Just the facts of life. Chip Cox was that guy not too long ago.

So my take is the Bombers are all in big and I hope it works.

Maybe Johnny Sears ? Yeah he screwed up on that one play but I recall Manny Arcenaux mentioning Sears was a difficult DB to play against. I liked him as a Bomber before. Definitely adds spice.

Lyle B. Style

Johnny Sears would be a decent add to the Richie Hall sponsored secondary. Sears record for tight coverage would no doubt be soiled working in that hi-umbrella secondary though

I'll be non-plussed if they bring Bowman into town - although they could always dub him the Mayor of Bomberville . . . . Sherrit is superior to Hurl - ok, even Wad Miller at 28 (before he retired) would have been slightly superior . . . .

Wad Miller at 44/45 COULDN'Tcover the peanut vendor . . . .

The one FA I'm hoping for is Nic Demski - Harris wants him as a short WR compliment to the running attack - and for Matt Nichols health to be sure . . . . without anything more than a healthy Darwin Adams as the long threat - you better have a bevy of beauties for short to intermediate service - or your QB won't survive more than a handful of games - standing in the pocket waiting for a slow WR to materialize - but getting pelted by 270 to 300 lb. DLs waiting to punish him!

joe

The one FA I'm hoping for is Nic Demski - Harris wants him as a short WR compliment to the running attack - and for Matt Nichols health to be sure . . . . without anything more than a healthy Darwin Adams as the long threat - you better have a bevy of beauties for short to intermediate service - or your QB won't survive more than a handful of games - standing in the pocket waiting for a slow WR to materialize - but getting pelted by 270 to 300 lb. DLs waiting to punish him!
News? Rumours? Anything?

kind of an ominous quiet at the moment. long hours in the office. there is sure to be something going on

Lyle B. Style

News? Rumours? Anything?

kind of an ominous quiet at the moment. long hours in the office. there is sure to be something going on
I suspect the Demski signing (wherever he goes, hopefully here) will be unwrapped shortly before or shortly after the 11th hour of free agency. Walters is trying hard to model himself after Jets GM Kevin Chevyldayoff, a plodding, almost constipated style of player movement. Frankly, I don't think an NHL model can be back-dropped into today's CFL. NHL has tons of 6 to 8 yr contracts, tying up the major players to contracts between 4 and 12 million a year. CFL is a mouser's festival compared!

DAN38

Bowman signed by our plodding, almost constipated GM. ::)

I see how it works. When Walters does nothing, he's a mope, when he does something, it's always wrong (draft picks). We needed help at receiver and he got it, so let the criticism begin.... Adams and Bowman look pretty good to me.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

DAN38

Never mind Demski, let's get Messam. Ok, get Demski too. The more Canadians, the better.

Lyle B. Style

Since Goldfinger (or Rigmaiden) or whatever his name is couldn't produce any other WRs I'll take Bowman coming over - and a 2nd deep threat to the much younger Darwin Adams. Fairly low (but reasonable) expectations for Bobo - about 1.5 to 2.25 recepts/game. . . . . .could top out at approx. 40-44 recepts for 480 to 600 yds and really draw coverage to the long posts - - - - hence opening up the middle for the bombers slower-footed canuck WRs, Harris, Flanders, etc.

A necessary but not sufficient signing.

DAN38

How did I know it wouldn't be good enough for ya, Lyle ?

papazoola

How did I know it wouldn't be good enough for ya, Lyle ?
.....Never mind Dan....it's a good signing and at the right price....Gives us a little more moola to play with on Tuesday...Demski is a no-brainer...hometown kid who will eclipse anything he did in Saskabush...I'd really get excited if we could bring in Konar...another really good Canuck and you can't have enough of them...We shall see

joe

Wondering how far apart the Bombers and TJ Heath could be considering he may be the best available option at defensive halfback?  

Would think his value to the team is equal to that of Dressler or Medlock less the loyalty / reward points.

Hoping it has not got personal and beyond resolution.

Lyle B. Style

Wondering how far apart the Bombers and TJ Heath could be considering he may be the best available option at defensive halfback?  

Would think his value to the team is equal to that of Dressler or Medlock less the loyalty / reward points.

Hoping it has not got personal and beyond resolution.
Heath didn't cost the bombers much. Actually his acquisition meant the end of the line for Jumbo Jim Barker, the 350 lb. then-argos GM. We got rid of a piece of trash named Dewey Willy and got Heath and other throw-ins. Also cleared tons of Willy's cap=space burn, too!

Easy come, easy go!

Heath is an above average CFL player. Can't replace that kind of experience and savvy - with some green kid out of NCAA or an oft-injured NFL hobo.

papazoola

.....Some talk about Heath not being a great locker room guy....Sort of a me first and 'to hell with the rest of you guys' attitude....He sent out a 'tweet' recently to the marijuana prince, Carter, saying he would make him look silly on Labour Day....Well to do that you'd have to be a Bomber...UNLESS he goes to Sask. and pulls a prank on Duron that would embarrass him...Don't know what to make of the situation....Heath is a playmaker but maybe he just isn't Mikey's kinda guy...We'll see...Few team back east inking guys today...including Tasker by the Cats...As for us...nada so far

joe

.....Some talk about Heath not being a great locker room guy....Sort of a me first and 'to hell with the rest of you guys' attitude....He sent out a 'tweet' recently to the marijuana prince, Carter, saying he would make him look silly on Labour Day....Well to do that you'd have to be a Bomber...UNLESS he goes to Sask. and pulls a prank on Duron that would embarrass him...Don't know what to make of the situation....Heath is a playmaker but maybe he just isn't Mikey's kinda guy...We'll see...Few team back east inking guys today...including Tasker by the Cats...As for us...nada so far
Good point made. The locker room has been a priority since MOS came to town. Not always in the best interest of the team imo although there seems to be more openness this year to other teams former players. Maybe the one year contracts factoring in.

Had forgotten about the tweets with Duron but it does indicate confidence in his ability.

Maybe the BC connection continues with Ronnie Yell coming over although I think he played corner.

Reading about Andrew Harris pushing for the home town boys and love it. Demski and Lafrance and Dressler becomes redundant. Harris continues to make plays and is the key to the team.

Quite encouraging to be honest.

Users Online

92 Guests, 19 Users (15 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hammertown Proud, raymarkca, letsgoticats, Grimzby, Balticfox, MtnCat, Argofan13, giasone, BillyDee87, Mightygoose, Lennywasout, Grover, DisplacedCatsFan, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 151. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)