Poll

Which position should the Bombers first pick play?

Receiver
O Line
DB / LB
D Line
Special Teams

joe

I hope I'm wrong and this team can put together a Grey Cup win....somehow..I don't like being negative... You have to cling to some hopeful scenario and maybe we'll finally shake the drought...We shall see
With you all the way on trying to stay positive. Thinking a lobotomy would be the best way.

Not sure I have all the details but it sounds like the Bombers have traded their first and second for futures. Not only a spit in the eye but a kick in the sack to go with it imo.

Guessing they think they have the team or something. Not sure I share the vision but good general managing there Kyle. If you don't pick someone they can't disappoint.

Would really have liked to see Onyeka or Barrett in blue. Has to be sms chaos.

Lyle B. Style

Bombers just traded their 1st round pick to the BC Lions.

Kinda expected this - Bombers seem to be abdicating from draft activity (scouting, signing) and a #7 overall would command a decent contract ($80k CFL min. + signing bonuses)
Instead they shipped #7 and #16 overall to BC for BC's #12 this year - #12 should not be an NFL-destined pick.
Bombers also get BC's #1 pick in the 2019 draft (next year) which could be anywhere from #1 to #9 - - - - most likely #4 to #7

Just confirms my initial opinion the bombers don't like signing (and thereby paying) fresh stock.
Unwise immo
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

12, 26, 33

Central scouting has OL Pickett from Guelph at 12 so there is a chance he gets picked by Walters. Barrett and Onyeka at 10 and 11 so one might slide to 12, not that you can trust them to pick him. 6 of the top 7 are Oline including the guys looking south. I don't see it going that way.

Picking up Bomben was a nice move by Kavis for dropping one spot. Assume Chapman is going to Hamilton. Montreal looking more like a football team each day. 

joe

Bombers also get BC's #1 pick in the 2019 draft (next year) which could be anywhere from #1 to #9 - - - - most likely #4 to #7

Just confirms my initial opinion the bombers don't like signing (and thereby paying) fresh stock.
Unwise immo
Likely one ghost for sure in 2019. 

Can't wait to hear how they spin this. 

papazoola

.....Nice move by Mont. to pick up Bomben BUT he was an Al. to begin with, that should have never been traded...Making up for past miss deeds....

....We must think this draft class hasn't much to offer orrrrr like Lyles says we have no dough to sign a first rounder...My take is it could be a little of both....being SMS careful and keeping some cash for an NFL returnee...namely a guy like Big Grey...We are healthy in the O Line dept...so if we deemed that O Line wasn't a priority, and the rest of the draft field wasn't that great, (after the top six were gone) I can see the move to trade...Having two first rounders in 19' is a bonus... However there's no guarantee that next years draft class is going to be any better than this years BUT that extra spot at the top, could  also be an ace in the hole in a trade situation...I don't mind the move by Walters
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

joe

Curious what will be the next non event for the Bombers. Looking like it might be the regular season.

Maybe someone can help with a positive spin on how the Bombers had the best draft again and we can go with that.

Definitely passed on a good player that could help by trading the 7 and will be surprised if they get a better fit than Onyeka or Barrett in 2019. Of course they get the benefit of innocent before being proven guilty and another year until that verdict comes down.

I am hopeful of not buying a soccer team to confuse this picture any more than it already is.

Lyle B. Style

Curious what will be the next non event for the Bombers. Looking like it might be the regular season.

Maybe someone can help with a positive spin on how the Bombers had the best draft again and we can go with that.

Definitely passed on a good player that could help by trading the 7 and will be surprised if they get a better fit than Onyeka or Barrett in 2019. Of course they get the benefit of innocent before being proven guilty and another year until that verdict comes down.

I am hopeful of not buying a soccer team to confuse this picture any more than it already is.
Most important blue bomber position is that of "bomber citizen" of which we are all one. That said - - -

This year's draft, like most was a throwaway - however, this time the bomber troika took a knee and decided it was over before it started. Great attitude, huh?

Must have been a stunner for the 2 guys in the bomber pit (1 of which was bomber propagandist Eduardo Tait) to be on-line to CFL Central & TSN and be forced to make picks they'd rather decline.

With their first pick the bombers selected a guy who 2 years ago was consensus #1 in many scouts eyes. However, Rashuan Simonise has fallen badly - he got himself banned from CIS for several games (anyone remember how many) for stupidity.

He's probably more pro-ready than any other WR in the last 2 CFL drafts. Maybe this year's #1 Chapman is close. But like Troy Westwood opined on TSN1290 this a.m. - the guy has "idiot written all over him". Westwood says that once you're ingrained as an idiot there's not much that can be done to turn it around.

So it will fall on Sniffer O'Shea to create character out of an idiot. A talented idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

Bombers also took a WR with their 3rd round pick and then selected a wild "off the card" pick with a 6'9", 305 lb. OL with a later pick.  Reminds me off the guy they got a few years ago - another 6'9" guy who quickly washed out of the league. Anyone remember his name?

Eduardo Tait? You have your work cut out for you son!

joe

Most important blue bomber position is that of "bomber citizen" of which we are all one. That said - - -

This year's draft, like most was a thruway - however, this time the bomber troika took a knee and decided it was over before it started. Great attitude, huh?

Must have been a stunner for the 2 guys in the bomber pit (1 of which was bomber propagandist Eduardo Tait) to be on-line to CFL Central & TSN and be forced to make picks they'd rather decline.

With their first pick the bombers selected a guy who 2 years ago was consensus #1 in many scouts eyes. However, Rashuan Simonise has fallen badly - he got himself banned from CIS for several games (anyone remember how many) for stupidity.

He's probably more pro-ready than any other WR in the last 2 CFL drafts. Maybe this year's #1 Chapman is close. But like Troy Westwood opined on TSN1290 this a.m. - the guy has "idiot written all over him". Westwood says that once you're ingrained as an idiot there's not much that can be done to turn it around.

So it will fall on Sniffer O'Shea to create character out of an idiot. A talented idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

Bombers also took a WR with their 3rd round pick and then selected a wild "off the card" pick with a 6'9", 305 lb. OL with a later pick.  Reminds me off the guy they got a few years ago - another 6'9" guy who quickly washed out of the league. Anyone remember his name?

Nothing against Jade Simonise. People grow and it will be up to him to make good choices for his future. Lemar Durant had a bad knock and seems okay now. Stuck around longer than the guy with the good attitude of Addison Richards and others.

Seems like a distant futures pick to me and he will have to fight to be recognized in the crowd. Matt Coates is a lock with many loyalty reward points earned as Medlock's holder and southern Ontario roots. Wolitarsky and Blazko need to be given a chance. Henry Henry were you ever here? Thankfully after 5 years they quietly moved on from JFG. Regardless of personnel Nichols tendency to unload quickly seldom results in targets going field side wide out. 

6'9" Olineman are too tall. Paul Swiston may have been the guy Lyle mentioned and a fine example of a guy who could not get low enough to deal with the  fire hydrant types of poop and others. 

Couldn't even pick a heart and soul guy like Noah Picton and give the fans someone to pull for but great job once again. Clink those glasses, fire up the que and eat some beef. Take a couple of days off but don't miss the playoffs.

Lyle B. Style

Bombers relieved another draft day has come 'n gone!

Team chintzed on scouting - blind drafting is the result . . . .

Perhaps one of the bingo balls gets a practice roster spot?

As the late Tom Snyder would say (and Joe might approve)

"Time to toast this swindle with a Simultini"

papazoola

.....We could have drafted the best player (top five for sure) in the draft IF ...a VERY big 'if' we can turn this kid into the player he should be...Simonise has all the talent in the world but his character definitely needs work...Is our locker room and coaches strong enough to have that kind of effect?? I think they do....Someone like Harris has to take this kid in hand ..and I believe Andrew is the guy who can do it...Don't forget Harris has been down a rough road himself in his early years..Nothing like leading by example ..We could have the steal of the draft if it all pans out...Peterman is no slouch either and this is going to be one hell of tc to see which receiver comes out on top...One thing we know for sure...we sure as heck have depth at the position...

....We also drafted a couple of projects...especially O Line...The coaches have a lot of work to do ;) 

Lyle B. Style

This year's draft, like most was a thruway - however, this time the bomber troika took a knee and decided it was over before it started. Great attitude, huh?

Nothing against Jade Simonise. People grow and it will be up to him to make good choices for his future. Lemar Durant had a bad knock and seems okay now. Stuck around longer than the guy with the good attitude of Addison Richards and others.

Seems like a distant futures pick to me and he will have to fight to be recognized in the crowd. Matt Coates is a lock with many loyalty reward points earned as Medlock's holder and southern Ontario roots. Wolitarsky and Blazko need to be given a chance. Henry Henry were you ever here? Thankfully after 5 years they quietly moved on from JFG. Regardless of personnel Nichols tendency to unload quickly seldom results in targets going field side wide out.

6'9" Olineman are too tall. Paul Swiston may have been the guy Lyle mentioned and a fine example of a guy who could not get low enough to deal with the  fire hydrant types of poop and others.

Couldn't even pick a heart and soul guy like Noah Picton and give the fans someone to pull for but great job once again. Clink those glasses, fire up the que and eat some beef. Take a couple of days off but don't miss the playoffs.
Yeah, Swiston was the 6'9" guy - but the guy I was thinking about was the 6'8" guy, Tyson Pencer who also washed thru the league. Both dudes still under 30 with little to no CFL reps. Perhaps both got some practice roster cheques - also some signing bonuses!

Lyle B. Style

One gentle giant who actually made it in the CFL = Justin Sorensen.

A very serviceable, oft dominant centre for the Edmonton Eskimos.

This giant was only 6'8" when the bombers squealed with delight after drafting him a few years back.

He washed thru the bomber organization, as expected . . . .

But caught on with the Esks - and because of better developmental structure in Edmonton - has become a long-time starter!

Bombers had him - just didn't have the organizational tools to develop him!

papazoola

.....The draft in 18' is going to go down as one of the weaker ones...and not just because of our effort...The talent level overall wasn't there....couple that with the top dogs heading south in a hurry and you have a draft that left a lot wanting...One of the best moves was to move down and set yourself up for next year...We did that...I'm not pumping Walters tires here BUT he made the best out of a mediocre situation...It's nice to know out of all of this that we have built a certain amount of Canadian depth AND we have an extra pic in the first round in 19' to make a solid move or just hang on to...It'll look even better if the talent level surpasses this years

....A little side note....Coates has broken his foot training according to Tait....maybe a good thing we went deep for receivers??

joe

....A little side note....Coates has broken his foot training according to Tait....maybe a good thing we went deep for receivers??
Had not heard that. Maybe happened about the time they readded Blaszko.

Coates being out will be good for both Simonise and Peterman. I am hoping for Peterman so that we can do J Peterman descriptions of his play ala Elaine from Seinfeld. 

Both drafted receivers sound like they have good upside if they get a chance to develop and adapt to  CFL game speed. Will give reps to Wolitarsky as well which could be a good thing.

I will be surprised if Coates is released.

papazoola

...Don't see Coates going anywhere joe....however Medlock will need a new holder.....hello Dressler.. he will have to start taking snaps again

Users Online

98 Guests, 15 Users (10 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TravelPat1, everyman, SeaFiddle, ticat1, Augustus67, hairyarm, Lyle B. Style, Oskie18, Bigshot, RedandWhite, heapbag, MadJack, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)