Poll

Who is more of a Winnipeg Blue Bomber?

Mike O'Shea
Doug Brown

papazoola

.....Hey joe....(weren't those words from a Guess Who no.)...in any case....Your idea is better than the 'beer snake'..........ummmmm now.. wait a minute...lol
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

depopulationINC

White Out is a term of frenzy, trying to egg on the fans to go crazy, give opposing teams and media a bitter taste of Winter in Winnipeg - which is mostly WHITE = until the damn stuff melts and its mostly BROWN . . .

So the white-out is mostly the WINTER-OUT immo
White-out started way back when the Jets were in their NHL infancy...before the sellout by Barry Shenkarow to the Americans in Phoenix ...We made the playoffs with the likes of Hawerchuck, Babych and Steen and that's when someone dreamt up the idea of everyone coming to the game in white...hence the white-out...I'm pretty sure it was us who came up with the White-Out...but in any event it went like Lyle says...the fans were rabid for it...We might see a few more white-outs this year if the Jets can get on a roll..

As far as the snow goes Lyle...I think it takes on more of a black hue than brown but in either case it turns from pretty to putrid and the countdown begins to green

I have to say...(and I won't and don't say it often lol) I was out to lunch on the firing of Maurice behind the Jets bench...They started out so poorly that I thought he was toast by mid-season..I was wrong and they sure got their act together to produce a winning reg. season...I'd say Paul is pretty safe as far his employment goes in Winnipeg....don't know if we can say the same about Mike O...YET...............GO JETS
So long as Mike O keeps on yapping about loyalty, respect, no drugs (except his lifetime supply of sniff-glue) he should be fine. O'Shea knows where his toilet-paper is buttered - - - - and shining shoes and buffing arses of the constituents is a sure way to keep on keepin' on.
That said, if the team meets disaster (a quick Nichols injury away) and comes out of the chute 1-7, 0-6 or 2-8 I suspect an emergency board meeting between Wad Miller and Ky Walters will be called - with Mike relieved of his duties! (PLOP Version 2.0 is the backup plan if they have to pull the pin on O'Shea)
The Bombers play the "questionable" Als, and a rebuilding Lions 3 of the first 5 weeks.  If they can't take 2 of those games there would be some serious concerns. 

Personally, I think the Bombers have a competitive team, but I do think there are some question marks around ratio.  Is it possible they look to start 6 on O?  RB, 3OL, 2WR??  They do have the potential to start 8, which means that they could start 1 WR or 2 OL...if they go 2 OL it is a shame they let Bond go.

joe

The Bombers play the "questionable" Als, and a rebuilding Lions 3 of the first 5 weeks.  If they can't take 2 of those games there would be some serious concerns.  
Agree we will know what we have by the time the back to back with BC is done in week 5.

Unless they split. 

Even starting 2 and 3 does not bode well for making the playoffs. Seems you are conceding the win to Edm in game 1. It would be an upset if it went the other way given what we know today.

With talks back on with Muamba in Montreal I can see them being less questionable and a tough defence to play against. Losing to them would not be good.

Wait and see.

depopulationINC

The Bombers play the "questionable" Als, and a rebuilding Lions 3 of the first 5 weeks.  If they can't take 2 of those games there would be some serious concerns.  
Agree we will know what we have by the time the back to back with BC is done in week 5.

Unless they split.

Even starting 2 and 3 does not bode well for making the playoffs. Seems you are conceding the win to Edm in game 1. It would be an upset if it went the other way given what we know today.

With talks back on with Muamba in Montreal I can see them being less questionable and a tough defence to play against. Losing to them would not be good.

Wait and see.

I expect Montreal to have s good D with or without Muamba.  A D wears out if the O can only muster 8 first downs in a game though. 

Nothing wrong with splitting a home and away, no matter the opponent.

Lyle B. Style

With no finalized roster its too early to make the call . . . .

But based on a softer early schedule the worst the bombers can afford to be after 5 games is 2-3

That's fairly mediocre - but if they can improve as the season proceeds they can still make the playoffs....

Don't think a non-dominant team like Winnipeg can get away with an 0-5, 1-4 or even 1-3-1 start and recover enough to nab 2nd or 3rd in west - - - - - they'll be finagling for the crossover!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Users Online

101 Guests, 20 Users (22 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Holy Mackinaw, pdson2, Balticfox, Onemoredork, Motown Texan, Hammertown Proud, Oskie18, longtimetcfan, Niagara Als, chosa84, ALLsPLS, bowl450, Lyle B. Style, Rick16, Google (AdSense) (13), Google (9)

Most Online Today: 201. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)