hoth

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/13/50-cfl-players-winnipeg-cfl-week/

Posted on March 13, 2018 by 3Down Staff

53 players from all nine CFL franchises will be at CFL Week in Winnipeg.
Every projected starting quarterback is slated to be in the Manitoba capital, except Bo Levi Mitchell. The Stamps franchise pivot has a schedule conflict: it’s the same week as the youth football camp he runs. The camp date was set before CFL Week.

The most notable absence of all: Riders star Duron Carter.

Montreal Alouettes:
QB Josh Freeman, RB Tyrell Sutton, REC Ernest Jackson, REC Chris Williams, DL John Bowman, DL Jamaal Westerman
Ottawa Redblacks:
QB Trevor Harris, RB William Powell, REC Greg Ellingson, REC Brad Sinopoli, REC Diontae Spencer, LB Kyries Hebert
Toronto Argonauts:
QB Ricky Ray, QB James Franklin, RB James Wilder Jr., REC S.J. Green, DL Cleyon Laing, LB Bear Woods
Hamilton Tiger-Cats:
QB Jeremiah Masoli, REC/RET Brandon Banks, REC Luke Tasker, DL Ted Laurent, LB Simoni Lawrence, LB Larry Dean, DB Richard Leonard
Winnipeg Blue Bombers:
QB Matt Nichols, RB Andrew Harris, REC Darvin Adams, REC Adarius Bowman, REC Weston Dressler, LB/DB Maurice Leggett, DB Taylor Loffler
Saskatchewan Roughriders:
QB Zach Collaros, RB Jerome Messam, REC Namaan Roosevelt, DL Charleston Hughes, DL Willie Jefferson, DB Ed Gainey
Edmonton Eskimos:
QB Mike Reilly, RB C.J. Gable, REC Derel Walker, DL Almondo Sewell, DB Aaron Grymes
Calgary Stampeders:
RB/RET Roy Finch, REC DaVaris Daniels, REC Kamar Jorden, REC Marken Michel, LB Alex Singleton
B.C. Lions:
QB Jonathon Jennings, REC Manny Arceneaux, REC Bryan Burnham, DL Odell Willis, LB Solomon Elimimian

joe

Carter paying his own way. 

Should be quite a weekend in Winnipeg. 

hoth

joe

CFL.ca is televising the combine I believe for the out of towners.

Nice warm few days ahead, should be good.

hoth

All Winnipeg & surrounding area fans need to check out this event.

I was able to make it for the last 45mins of Day 1 before closing.
It was enough to catch two of the all-time greats.

Will definitely be attending days 3 & 4 as well.

papazoola

Carter paying his own way.

Should be quite a weekend in Winnipeg.
.....He better beat his 40 time and sprint by the sniffer dogs at the Airpot....er uh Airport....Yeah....should be a fantastic combine...Walters and company will have eyes glued to the talent in hopes of............................never mind...Why am I becoming so jaded??
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

hoth

The noon autograph session on Saturday featured Milt Stegall, Matt Dunigan & Doug Brown.
It was supposed to run 12:00 - 1:00.
I can't even begin to guess the turn-out for this. Seemed larger than some of the home crowds last season.
I don't know when they did shut it down exactly, I didn't stick. An hour in, the PA address messaged that it was over. They had made it through maybe a third of the crowd at best.

papazoola

.....Shepley looks like he'd be a great pic ...BUT NFL looks might scare us off...I'd say he's probably the best athlete at the combine but there's also some nice looking D linemen and receivers...Wouldn't mind seeing Simonise in bluengold  but this Chapman kid is no slouch either..... Either Onyeta would be a solid pic as far as the D goes

hoth

joe

Gotta love the young Walby. I remember when those shoes were all the rage.

Seems CFL Week was a big success and a great way to create an off season buzz. Thinking significant economic impact to the city as well. Win win.

Halifax would be my choice for next year.  

sully

The noon autograph session on Saturday featured Milt Stegall, Matt Dunigan & Doug Brown.
It was supposed to run 12:00 - 1:00.
I can't even begin to guess the turn-out for this. Seemed larger than some of the home crowds last season.
I don't know when they did shut it down exactly, I didn't stick. An hour in, the PA address messaged that it was over. They had made it through maybe a third of the crowd at best.
I had to help cut off that line and it was brutal. No choice in the matter though; both of them had to head over to the other stage for another event, and then Matt had a flight out at 3 PM (I forget when Milt was leaving but it was the same day too I think).

Doug was a trooper; he stayed until the line became an occasional trickle and I can't imagine his hand felt good at that point. 
I'm the Senior Director of Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

joe

.....Shepley looks like he'd be a great pic ...BUT NFL looks might scare us off...I'd say he's probably the best athlete at the combine but there's also some nice looking D linemen and receivers...Wouldn't mind seeing Simonise in bluengold  but this Chapman kid is no slouch either..... Either Onyeta would be a solid pic as far as the D goes
Looks like the cream of the crop to me as well. Peter Godber put up good numbers on his own pro day including 36 reps on the bench press. Shepley was 28.

Not sure if any of the guys you mention slide to the Bombers at 7 without the NFL kicking tires. I go db with God Oneyka if it looks like he plays in Canada and lay off the O line for a bit.  

joe

One guy who impressed at the combine and may be available at 7 is Jackson Bennett. Special teams warrior potential that could play this year perhaps maybe.

I like that they are talking about Noah Picton as well. I see no downside. 5 reps on the bench press shows some heart. Understanding about passing lanes shows some football savvy. 

Users Online

109 Guests, 16 Users (15 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
pikk, MadJack, Mightygoose, Evil Doctor, Grover, ExPat, letsgoticats, tony, SeaFiddle, RichardVeilleux, jdc1185, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 146. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)