Lyle B. Style

......Have to agree with a lot of what you said Wumper...too much money and not enough play for me in the NHL...This league is nowhere near the old 6 team league I used to know..I used to have some knowledge and acquainted myself with most players back in the day....now the rosters are so big you can't possibly follow individuals...so I just follow the locals....Overpaid...for sure and poor value for it most of the time...Fans will pay it though...It's becoming a game of the elite to watch...not the average Joe...Anyway...I'm glad that most fans can still afford the CFL and I feel they get solid entertainment for their buck...I have to laugh a lot of the time at some friends of mine that pay and scramble for Jets tix to be poorly entertained...then if I ask them who won the Stanley Cup a couple of years ago, and they haven't a clue...Badly spent dough as far as I'm concerned..
Most of what Wumper says is spot on. But the reason Jets & other NHL product has so much oomph can be summed up simply with one word - EGO.
Most fans who shell out $300 to $850 for a leafs ticket are either corporate shills, who's lives don't matter as much as their bank accounts or rich turds with money to burn - and current tax laws that allow them to write off 40 to 65% of the cost of tickets, fees, food/beverages, parking & transport to such affairs.
Jets seats are not nearly as cherished as Leafs (huge population difference) but they're still $65 to $475. Those type of folks are mostly automatons. They just want to rub shoulders with other Richie Rich types. They can routinely exchange business cards and promise (falsely) to get together for lunch at Rae & Jerrys at a later date that never happens. About 10 to 15% of them are junior jet versions of Hollywood Harvey Weinstein.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

Lyle B. Style

As far as tonite's game is concerned - the odds favour the Bombers by 7 and a half to 10 points. But this is a do or die game for the Tabbies.

Bombers should win by 3 to 8 points in the end - about 70-75% certain

But wouldn't put it past the Ticats under GI Jones and Masoli to lay a small thrashing on the bragadocious bombers - about 20 to 25% chance of that

150GAGE

Well looks like the thrashing happened!
In all fairness this was a trap game for the Bombers. In the long run it's an insignificant game for Bombers.

DAN38

Ya, we met a fired up, pissed off team playing for it's playoff life. We weren't ready and we got schooled. To be expected once in a while. Let's just hope we learn from it.

To me it looked like somebody on Hamilton is pretty good at watching film of the Bombers. They seemed to anticipate our moves on both O and D.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

Ya, we met a fired up, pissed off team playing for it's playoff life. We weren't ready and we got schooled. To be expected once in a while. Let's just hope we learn from it.

To me it looked like somebody on Hamilton is pretty good at watching film of the Bombers. They seemed to anticipate our moves on both O and D.
Their film analytics were superb. They played the bomber o-line like a group of Ronda Rouseys - pushed them around with little to no resistance!

my home team

"Ya, we met a fired up, pissed off team playing for it's playoff life."

Yeah, there is nothing more dangerous than an animal when it's cornered. 

papazoola

......I know crap when I see it and believe me that was crap last night....You can't shine that one up....It was a disgraceful effort against a team that is in LAST place in their division...Never mind a team fighting for it's life, we were supposed to have lofty ambitions...That sure as hell didn't look like it to me.......We shouldn't be gifting anybody anything and if we are we are not a first place team , we belong in second where we are and hopefully we can hold on to it...Anymore games like that and we'll be scrambling...Nobody stood out but what did is the glaring holes this team has and a penchant for not wanting to fix them....Get Hurl to hell out of there...He's not a starter and that's what we need....somebody intimidating in the middle that'll stuff the opposition not let them waltz down the field from their end and put six up...Sure it's only one game in our last ten that truly stunk BUT when your starting qb. might be on the shelf because someone missed an assignment on a a rush by a very dubious rushing d line, we have a problem,,,,I hope Nichols isn't on the shelf for any length of time cuz if he is....Davis will be the one who will put us in scrambling mode....From what I seen of him last night we had better have plan C ready and quick.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Wumper

Three steps forward, then slide two back. Frustrating.
They clearly were not prepared.
The fans poor showing must have had some effect on team psyche.
Can't blame weather or officials.
O line needs a kick in the butt following that showing; they got their Leader beat up.
Hurl, a traditional name given to a warrior following review of his film...
MOS and Walters kept it together on feel good and buzz, then they met a seasoned gnarly coach who's watched a hell of a lot of film, 
sad show all around, get ready for BC, those sharks are smelling blood in the water, 
MOS has a long week to install some pride, hmmmm....
Illegitimi non carborundum

Users Online

105 Guests, 2 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
jim43bob, PTBO Dave, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 140. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)