Lyle B. Style

......Have to agree with a lot of what you said Wumper...too much money and not enough play for me in the NHL...This league is nowhere near the old 6 team league I used to know..I used to have some knowledge and acquainted myself with most players back in the day....now the rosters are so big you can't possibly follow individuals...so I just follow the locals....Overpaid...for sure and poor value for it most of the time...Fans will pay it though...It's becoming a game of the elite to watch...not the average Joe...Anyway...I'm glad that most fans can still afford the CFL and I feel they get solid entertainment for their buck...I have to laugh a lot of the time at some friends of mine that pay and scramble for Jets tix to be poorly entertained...then if I ask them who won the Stanley Cup a couple of years ago, and they haven't a clue...Badly spent dough as far as I'm concerned..
Most of what Wumper says is spot on. But the reason Jets & other NHL product has so much oomph can be summed up simply with one word - EGO.
Most fans who shell out $300 to $850 for a leafs ticket are either corporate shills, who's lives don't matter as much as their bank accounts or rich turds with money to burn - and current tax laws that allow them to write off 40 to 65% of the cost of tickets, fees, food/beverages, parking & transport to such affairs.
Jets seats are not nearly as cherished as Leafs (huge population difference) but they're still $65 to $475. Those type of folks are mostly automatons. They just want to rub shoulders with other Richie Rich types. They can routinely exchange business cards and promise (falsely) to get together for lunch at Rae & Jerrys at a later date that never happens. About 10 to 15% of them are junior jet versions of Hollywood Harvey Weinstein.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Lyle B. Style

As far as tonite's game is concerned - the odds favour the Bombers by 7 and a half to 10 points. But this is a do or die game for the Tabbies.

Bombers should win by 3 to 8 points in the end - about 70-75% certain

But wouldn't put it past the Ticats under GI Jones and Masoli to lay a small thrashing on the bragadocious bombers - about 20 to 25% chance of that

150GAGE

Well looks like the thrashing happened!
In all fairness this was a trap game for the Bombers. In the long run it's an insignificant game for Bombers.

DAN38

Ya, we met a fired up, pissed off team playing for it's playoff life. We weren't ready and we got schooled. To be expected once in a while. Let's just hope we learn from it.

To me it looked like somebody on Hamilton is pretty good at watching film of the Bombers. They seemed to anticipate our moves on both O and D.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

Ya, we met a fired up, pissed off team playing for it's playoff life. We weren't ready and we got schooled. To be expected once in a while. Let's just hope we learn from it.

To me it looked like somebody on Hamilton is pretty good at watching film of the Bombers. They seemed to anticipate our moves on both O and D.
Their film analytics were superb. They played the bomber o-line like a group of Ronda Rouseys - pushed them around with little to no resistance!

my home team

"Ya, we met a fired up, pissed off team playing for it's playoff life."

Yeah, there is nothing more dangerous than an animal when it's cornered. 

papazoola

......I know crap when I see it and believe me that was crap last night....You can't shine that one up....It was a disgraceful effort against a team that is in LAST place in their division...Never mind a team fighting for it's life, we were supposed to have lofty ambitions...That sure as hell didn't look like it to me.......We shouldn't be gifting anybody anything and if we are we are not a first place team , we belong in second where we are and hopefully we can hold on to it...Anymore games like that and we'll be scrambling...Nobody stood out but what did is the glaring holes this team has and a penchant for not wanting to fix them....Get Hurl to hell out of there...He's not a starter and that's what we need....somebody intimidating in the middle that'll stuff the opposition not let them waltz down the field from their end and put six up...Sure it's only one game in our last ten that truly stunk BUT when your starting qb. might be on the shelf because someone missed an assignment on a a rush by a very dubious rushing d line, we have a problem,,,,I hope Nichols isn't on the shelf for any length of time cuz if he is....Davis will be the one who will put us in scrambling mode....From what I seen of him last night we had better have plan C ready and quick.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Wumper

Three steps forward, then slide two back. Frustrating.
They clearly were not prepared.
The fans poor showing must have had some effect on team psyche.
Can't blame weather or officials.
O line needs a kick in the butt following that showing; they got their Leader beat up.
Hurl, a traditional name given to a warrior following review of his film...
MOS and Walters kept it together on feel good and buzz, then they met a seasoned gnarly coach who's watched a hell of a lot of film, 
sad show all around, get ready for BC, those sharks are smelling blood in the water, 
MOS has a long week to install some pride, hmmmm....
Illegitimi non carborundum

DAN38

This the thread that started a flurry of significant injuries. If Harris and Nichols are done, we're goners.

Lyle B. Style

This the thread that started a flurry of significant injuries. If Harris and Nichols are done, we're goners.
That's too obvious Dan. We were pretty much done when Darwin Adams blew out his shoulder and the team realized just how crappy a player Sam Hurl was.

Add too that a fairly gimpy Matt Nichols, a washed up Clara Denmark, mopes like Washington & Matt Coates plus the non-appearance of Legget, Flanders & Tarvis Bond and you have the recipe for disaster.

Don't worry our head coach is a super mope - he'll backtrack everything into ifs and buts - but most fans (other than the 33% lemmings) won't buy into that crap.

If Nichols pulled a calf muscle - he'll be touch 'n go for the reg. season finale. A wounded Nichols is still better than pieces of vermin like Davis or DanDan the Pick Man . . . . no way should Harris be allowed to play vs. Calgary. Heck he'll be touch 'n go for the western semi.

DAN38

My statement harkens back to what I was saying earlier in the year. We were winning but not dominant. In order to win most of those games we had to have our starters in till the final whistle and that does not allow any of the back ups any playing time. Now injuries have forced us to play them and y'all think they are no good. We can't expect Coates and Normand or even Lefevour to come in and excel when they have not been given the chance to play in the first place. Once again instant gratification by the fans is the expectation. Yes, the responsibility lies with coach and GM but we can't blame the guys warming the bench for the coaches inability to look to the future.

brihind88

I posted on the main forum the Bombers injuries are bad luck and bad timing.

Early in the season guys have time to come back.
Late like this makes things tough.

I will not go all doom and gloom on Bomber fans, but Bombers were a Champion contender and were the one team I feared as a Stamp fan.

I was looking FWD to an exciting WF showdown between the Stamps and Bombers.
Chance it still could be, but hard with these late key injuries.  

This seems to be Bomber bad luck.
Would have won the 93 Grey Cup had Dunigan not got hurt.
Would have won the 07 Grey Cup had K Glenn not got hurt.  

Not saying the 2017 Bombers would have won, but did have a good shot.
Hope some of your guys get back.
Matt Nichols is needed for sure.

Wumper

Friday Night football!!
Son has my seats I'm firing up the BBQ @ 6, beef and salmon, invited a half dozen friends who are not Bomber addicts!! They watch the game, they get fed. They cheer for Cats, that's OK as long as they cheer.
A few lawyers in the crowd, I'm thinking my charge rate is $295.00 plus disbursements.....first half hour is free, then I back end them.

CFL football, where the players always out perform the Officials!!!
You seem to have it down pat, W.. . . . . btw I like salmon!

Might need one of your most powerful lawyer friends - finally got a refund on my mom's room at the nursing home - years after she passed. The vermin at this nursing home were very lucky I'm a balanced and straight-thinking person, otherwise their might be one less noising home on the landscape.
Trouble is they made the cheque out to "The Estate of Mrs. ___ ___" and the estate lawyer finished his work on the estate nearly a year ago. Thus, I can't cash the bloody cheques anyways! But vermin like that is not worth engaging with - they had no concern for my mother during her stay there, why would they not want to steal the money I gave them for my mom??
Sign the back of the cheque and deposit it in your branch ATM. IT will probably clear.  

wolverine29

I posted on the main forum the Bombers injuries are bad luck and bad timing.

Early in the season guys have time to come back.
Late like this makes things tough.

I will not go all doom and gloom on Bomber fans, but Bombers were a Champion contender and were the one team I feared as a Stamp fan.

I was looking FWD to an exciting WF showdown between the Stamps and Bombers.
Chance it still could be, but hard with these late key injuries.  

This seems to be Bomber bad luck.
Would have won the 93 Grey Cup had Dunigan not got hurt.
Would have won the 07 Grey Cup had K Glenn not got hurt.  

Not saying the 2017 Bombers would have won, but did have a good shot.
Hope some of your guys get back.
Matt Nichols is needed for sure.
The spate of injuries in October has been ridiculous.  What's more bizarre is the injury bug is almost exclusively hitting the top end talent and some of the more productive players on the roster - Westerman, Leggett, Nichols, Adams, Bond, Flanders, Harris.  

Who knows what the game vs the Stamps will look like this week.  Despite the automatic belief most have that the Stamps will kill the depleted Bombers to end the season to avoid ending the year on 3 losses, have to think the Stamps are pretty glad they cemeted their spot with the bye.  Their game is off and it's been off for a few weeks now, outside of that blow out of the Als.  Possibly that injury BLM was reported to have earlier in the year may be nagging into the playoffs.  Both teams facing challenges. 

papazoola

......Nichols confirmed out against Cal. and possibly Harris....See ya season....I think it's over and the fat lady is about to sing on this 2017 crippled up club, with no viable replacement at qb. ...We looked good for awhile but I'm afraid the roof has just fallen in.

Users Online

97 Guests, 10 Users (2 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lyle B. Style, mycko75, KevinRiley2, PTBO Dave, Mightygoose, Iconic SR, bobo82, Allek, Yahoo!, Google

Most Online Today: 117. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)