DAN38

5 buck cokes for kids under 6 - that's pure genius (evil genius but genius)

As for the bombers able to scamp a dim-witted NDP premier for a few hundred million - that's prolly a once in 400 year event . . . . but the PCs coming down and giving it a few loud dog barks and then writing it off - THATS PRETTY COOL

....At least dimwit made his home in Manitoba...unlike the Con. man...Costa Rica Pallister...There's nothing cool about what that moron does...including pulling off a Hilary and cell phoning all of Manitoba's private business...Yeah really cool and one term wonder....

....Football game was great just a little wet and the BigBlue are showing really BIG this year and looking like they could win it all...You're right Dan...9 and 3...I likey
With Weston hurt maybe we'll see that Givens guy you were talking about.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

papazoola

.....Hope so Dan....he looks good on the vid. I saw of him.....but don't they all...I would say he was brought in to replace Thorpe so I would imagine we'll see him sooner rather than later...Sure would be nice to have another Adams on board, or the like, for the playoffs
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Wumper

Injuries are never good but if there is a bright side to West and Dress going down (and off sms) we should be expecting some new talent, perhaps a former draft pick NI rush end with some serious NFL time, or, anyone of probably a hundred stud MLB's kicking around.
The DL didn't get much on The RB's and Hurl is not going to stop Messam....
Loosing Thorpe wasn't timely (anyone sense him signing anywhere yet??) but this new guy Givens or Wolitarsky may do the job, Wally is a N so him in for Dressler may solve other DL issues.

I've texted this all to MOS, no confirmation yet.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Niagara Als

Through the calm and the rain storm the BBs look like a definite contender this season. I was interested in the play of Denmark the veteran who is making his mark this season. Through the calm and the huge storm this team is a very strong contender this season. Fan patience with the HC played well in recent seasons and, the team in general is showing exciting football. Harris's play was outstanding last evening, I would rank him as the leading back especially, when playing in a soaked field. What  happened to their first ranked lineman the team selected first round in the CFL draft this season. I know there were some disappointed fans who really questioned this choice by the BBs?

Wumper

As I've posted elsewhere, The Big Blue remain in good shape, injury wise.

Wild is practising, as noted elsewhere the DL looked good w/o Westerman and no dumb RTP penalties..., Dressler will be a while but we're packing some fine I WR's on the PR, including Givens and L'Damian Washington who showed well early on. Wolitarsky as well and he's a Canuck. Both MOS and PLOP have talked about running a variety offence, perhaps we see some tight ends or full backfields, I'd expect PLOP to nerd the solution to Dressler.

If anyone is sore I'd expect them to rest for Hammy @ home. I won't be surprised if Moe, Harris or Loffler take a night off.

In all, all's well. It seems to be unfolding far better than anyone imagined. 

My son played goal for 20 years, that "don't mention the shut-out" jinx is crap. 

DAN38

My son played goal for 20 years, that "don't mention the shut-out" jinx is crap.

Well, right after you started this topic stating how good the Bombers are at avoiding injuries, Westerman is out for the season. Thanks a lot. Now Dressler and Leggett are out for a while. Just like Rod Black's incessant rambling about how Medlock has never missed a convert and lo and behold, next TD and he misses. Why even mention these things ?

My son has played goal at least 20 years and is still playing and my brother played goal for a lot of his life. I won't name any teams. Shutouts were something talked about after the game.

papazoola

....... Dressler is on the 6 game...Wild is back practicing but likely won't play against Ham. this week...Leggett, Loffler and Guido are hopeful and should play, according to Mike O...otherwise we seem pretty healthy...I think we'll get Wild back soon and this Santos -Knox guy is filling in admirably...Other than Westerman out for the season I think we're not doing too bad....Now I won't say anymore and screw it up Dan ;D

papazoola

......Looks like Givens is the real deal and is getting first team reps. in practice today, Dan....Has moved ahead of Washington already and is showing as good as Langford as of now...I hope his success in practice translates to game time...We might just have something here..

DAN38

Good to know, Papa. Thanks for the info... If Givens has one of those special 'first game' type of games, it may be a long evening for the Cats. We could really light it up Friday. I hope Feoli-Giudino gets back soon. He's a tough, smart player who doesn't get too much credit for what he does. No, he isn't a Fantuz yet and maybe never will be but if you ask the other players and the coaches they will tell you what he does. Only Duane Forde ever mentions how crucial he is to the success of the offence... It takes time for all players to develop, some longer than others, so in order to be consistent, we have to be patient. Expecting overnight success all the time is what keeps teams in the basement. I know because I've been a Leaf fan since I was 3yrs. old. I remember well the last time they won the cup. It was in black and white but it was still memorable... How many great coaches and GMs have said you can't trade for a championship ? Instant gratification seldom works.

Lyle B. Style

......Looks like Givens is the real deal and is getting first team reps. in practice today, Dan....Has moved ahead of Washington already and is showing as good as Langford as of now...I hope his success in practice translates to game time...We might just have something here..
Who's Washington? Like Papa or Dan says I hope Guido and Mo can start and make a difference this week vs. Hamilton. Too many quality starters out of the lineup, especially guys like Mo, Dressler & Wild and you have a hard time closing the hatch on the drowning Ti-Cats . . . . especially if Masoli finds a way to torment Richie Hall's bend but don't break defense!

WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

wolverine29

....... Dressler is on the 6 game...Wild is back practicing but likely won't play against Ham. this week...Leggett, Loffler and Guido are hopeful and should play, according to Mike O...otherwise we seem pretty healthy...I think we'll get Wild back soon and this Santos -Knox guy is filling in admirably...Other than Westerman out for the season I think we're not doing too bad....Now I won't say anymore and screw it up Dan ;D

Santos-Knox isn't filling in anymore.  Kyle Knox is already back but it looks like Santos-Knox took his job with his performance over the last couple of games.

We'll see if Givens gets into the lineup.  It certainly sounds like they want to see him in a game.  Honestly though, I'm not at all disappointed with what Lankford's done in Dressler's place.  

Lyle B. Style

Through the calm and the rain storm the BBs look like a definite contender this season. I was interested in the play of Denmark the veteran who is making his mark this season. Through the calm and the huge storm this team is a very strong contender this season. Fan patience with the HC played well in recent seasons and, the team in general is showing exciting football. Harris's play was outstanding last evening, I would rank him as the leading back especially, when playing in a soaked field. What  happened to their first ranked lineman the team selected first round in the CFL draft this season. I know there were some disappointed fans who really questioned this choice by the BBs?
The bombers continual piss poor drafting continues to haunt them - despite their amazing 10-3 record. FatKitty was a really disturbing selection w/ #1 overall. Disgusting, actually! Bombers can't cut him cuz that would affirm their draft posse as being useless as hind T.  If Geoff Gray, the mountain man from U of M washes out in New York he could be a good add, possibly next year - if the bombers attempt to phase the ageing vet Lord Stanley Bryant (import) out at blind-side OT.

Team also has to make a serious off-season play for Nic Demski - very weak at the Cdn. WR spot. . . . . and if they finish 2nd overall behind Calgary they'll be drafting #8 overall - with a draft team that doesn't seem capable of finding those hidden gems. But for this draft team - drafting 7th or 8th might be better than drafting 1, 2 or 3. ???

DAN38

1st round picks this year.

BC- Vandervoot
       Luke

Edm.- Behar

Cal- Colling

Sask- Judge

Winn- Ekakitie
          Gray

Ham- McGough

Ott- Johnson

I've watched a few games this year and I don't think any of these guys have shown superstar status. Draft picks are crap shoots. Most players need time to develop. They aren't brought up breathing football like the mill down south.
    One guy who seems to be on course is Kwaku Boateng, a DL who was taken by Edm. 41st in the 5th round !!!! But Edm. has always been a team that let's it's Canadians develop and PLAYS THEM ! Is it a coincidence that Edm. is a pretty successful team ? I don't think so.
    Another factor that many people maybe don't realize is how well a team is doing through the year determines playing time for rookies. Mired in the basement, a losing team will take a chance and play a rookie much more than a team that is cruising along on top and it's Canadian's are playing well. Who do they take out so the rookie can fit in ?
    I'm a guy who is all for INCREASING the Canadian quota, NOT decreasing it ! If all I'm interested in seeing is a bunch of American players, then I'll watch the NFL....We also need more Canadian coaches and GMs.
   I like our game, much more than I like the American version.

Rant over. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

wolverine29

1st round picks this year.

BC- Vandervoot
       Luke

Edm.- Behar

Cal- Colling

Sask- Judge

Winn- Ekakitie
          Gray

Ham- McGough

Ott- Johnson

I've watched a few games this year and I don't think any of these guys have shown superstar status. Draft picks are crap shoots. Most players need time to develop. They aren't brought up breathing football like the mill down south.
    One guy who seems to be on course is Kwaku Boateng, a DL who was taken by Edm. 41st in the 5th round !!!! But Edm. has always been a team that let's it's Canadians develop and PLAYS THEM ! Is it a coincidence that Edm. is a pretty successful team ? I don't think so.
    Another factor that many people maybe don't realize is how well a team is doing through the year determines playing time for rookies. Mired in the basement, a losing team will take a chance and play a rookie much more than a team that is cruising along on top and it's Canadian's are playing well. Who do they take out so the rookie can fit in ?
    I'm a guy who is all for INCREASING the Canadian quota, NOT decreasing it ! If all I'm interested in seeing is a bunch of American players, then I'll watch the NFL....We also need more Canadian coaches and GMs.
   I like our game, much more than I like the American version.

Rant over. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Everyone said 2017 was a weaker draft class so to expect a superstar from that group is maybe expecting too much.  Boateng's been one of the more noticeable players for sure, though Bladek in Regina and Tunde Adeleke in Calgary have had playing time and, Adeleke especially, had some impact.  With Ekakitie, the Bombers said all along he'll need time to develop and our roster has allowed them time to insulate him and let him grow rather than throw him out there before he's ready.  He's getting more defensive snaps now with Westerman out so we'll see what he can do the rest of the way.  And let's not give Edmonton too much credit.  Part of the reason Boateng's gotten playing time is the injuries on their Dline to Sewell, Howard, and Bowers.  Up until Westerman went down, there wasn't much opportunity there for Ekakitie.

And Edmonton is probably not the best team to highlight since they're on a 6 game losing streak, including two losses to the Blue.  And that's despite having a really solid group of receivers even before Walker returned and a QB considered one of the CFL's elites.  And their National starters aren't exactly world beaters either.  They don't have an impactful Canadian as Harris on offense or defense.  Only guy among their starters I would like right now is Adam Konar.  

papazoola

Expecting overnight success all the time is what keeps teams in the basement. I know because I've been a Leaf fan since I was 3yrs. old. I remember well the last time they won the cup. It was in black and white but it was still memorable... How many great coaches and GMs have said you can't trade for a championship ? Instant gratification seldom works.
.......I would like to see what Wolitarsky can do BUT not at the expense of Guido....We have to keep him in there and upright...I like his spunk

.....Leaf fan????my goodness...you aren't one of those too...lol...I was a big fan of the Leafs back in the day ( although switched to Benny and the Jets and then to the Jets when they appeared) and also watched ol Punch Imlach's gang sip from the Stanley and luv'd it....I guess you remember well Gerry James who traversed between the Bombers and Leafs...Quite an athlete was he...A lot of Leaf fans still pine for the days of Ronnie Ellis, Dick Duff, the chief George Armstrong and Allan Stanley...with Johnny Bauer in the net....Seems like eons ago...Have to go with the Jets now Dan but they probably have that long to go before a Cup....They keep pluggin along though...

Users Online

98 Guests, 15 Users (15 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, The Last Word, bobo82, bowl450, tony, Taleback, habcat, EastVanMark, Iconic SR, Mark, GOTC1, Gornaldatron, ticats28, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)