Lyle B. Style

Note that Ottawa released Drew "The Avoider" Tate from its roster - to make room for 29 yr old perpetual rookie Dominique "Big Arm/No Brain" Davis.

I don't expect the bombers to make a play on Tate - mainly because they've already committed to Durant - moreso the signing bonus which is irrevocable. Ringmaiden and his merry band of scouts are trying to find a prized QB who's fallen off the tree - so far Ringmaiden is more name than results - but we're kinda used to that, aren't we?
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

Note that Ottawa released Drew "The Avoider" Tate from its roster - to make room for 29 yr old perpetual rookie Dominique "Big Arm/No Brain" Davis.

Thinking signing Davis might say more about Tate then Davis but happy to see him get picked up and hope he makes the best of it. 

Would be a great story for him to lead a comeback against the Bombers.

Puzzle will be more complete to see where we are headed soon. 

Signing Sears tells me the Argos are not confident about White or the other guy.

papazoola

....Well if Davis plays as good as he did (more bad) when he had to take the reins when Matt couldn't go, then I think he'll be short on comebacks...Glad he's on someone else's roster...

.....Tate is a med. case (physically and mentally) and I'm surprised he hung around anyone's roster for as long as he did

....I hope we make some solid moves today and Walters is on top of his game....We are running out of chances at elusive Cup shots
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

Papa - Demski & Dean (the Double D boyz) would be an effective day for Kyle "Green as Grass" Walters.

re-packing Jake "The Milkman" Thomas to a new contract would be a decent add-on.

papazoola

.....Take Dean off the hopeful list...Laurent is still out there along with Woods, although Laurent isn't a true MLB...but very good on the line...Wouldn't mind seeing him come aboard

.....As I was typing this ..Laurent stays in Ham...just inked...And the big pieces decide to stay put

DAN38

JFG  signs in Ottawa. I hope they don't know how to use him the same way we didn't, otherwise we are going to look stupid. (cue Lyle). When we needed him to make a catch, he did. Just because we hardly ever threw to him doesn't seem to matter to some. I don't like grooming a player and he performs well and then we just let him go. We are always crying about lack of Canadian talent and letting JFG slip away is proof of why it's prevalent. I think one year signings are only gonna make this situation worse. It's like Bits and Bites, "next year it's whole new ball game."
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

I'm actually over the moon offensively with the signings of Demski, LaFrance & Chadrick Fenner.

I'm not a huge fan of Westerman so I hope his absence opens up $200k+ of cap space, gives another team a 33 yr old undisciplined DE.

Jamar is NOT a dominant DE - he's above average. He won't over-power most modern-day OTs, plus he doesn't shed RB blockers like Laurence Taylor or such. He's mostly kept in check - good at arriving late to the QB and taking 15 yd hankies or getting off the ball a half step early for unnecessary off-sides. Good riddance!

LaFrance, Demski, Nichols, Harris, Dressler, Adams, The 5 Men of the Apocalypse o-line, Flanders - pick up a couple studlies as WR backups (or to challenge Adams) and draft another Canadian slot to train under Demski - and barring damage to Nichols you might have the #1 offense in the west, perhaps the land!

Defense another question. Losing a weakling like Hurl to Sask'n is no big deal. Makes us stronger just be omission. Fenner a good add.
Leggat still a health question mark.
Richie Hall's defense still a train wreck in waiting.
No Dean. No Bear. No Sherrit. Maybe they'll put DC in waiting Ian Wild in at interim linebacker. He's a gamer, Right Mike? Right!
Worst part of our defense - aside from Hall - is a below average d-line that's rarely capable of pressure when sending 4 guys. Too many guys have too many other responsibilities like checking off the run. Nobody even like Doug Brown to provide even mild bum buddy pressure!

Guess we'll have to use the old Cal Murphy football adage - ie. "Lets Just Wait 'n See"

joe

Heading could be something like Bomber fan gets new lease on life. Seems the Bombers have taken a giant 180 from previous years. 
From the day MOS stated it was time for Sam Hurl to be a starting middle linebacker in the CFL he has been almost fanatical in his support. To lose him must be like cutting off a foot. Personally I would love to know what he was thinking.
Hurl is only 27 and has gotten a lot of reps with the Bombers. Can't say I blame him for not wanting to be a scapegoat any longer. Guess we will see how he makes out with the Riders. Would think at least a good special teamer with Mike Miller level potential. Hate to think he has been a Rider wearing bomber blue all this time but wish him the best and think it is a good career move with post football upside.
KFC was another anointed one. He worked hard and executed well. Ottawa is a better place for him. vivre la liberete and all.
LDC and Banjo bowl should sell out fast. 

Wumper

My two cents.....

Danny "Big" Mac is on the clock. I expect he's been sent south and told to come back with a stud MLB or don't come back. Walters has arranged the deck chairs to accept a NI MLB, now go f'ing find one.
For the first time in many years, for me, we have our Can Con set. We now even have a Canuck to back up Harris, WTF?,
Westy's gone east, my only thought is if he accepted any big bonus dates he should probably match his apartment rental agreement to that date......Montreal has a track record of big bucks bonus's getting cut the day before.
Bombers now looking to be least penalized team in 2018.
QB is in order. #3 doesn't matter.
DL is getting younger. Corny coming out party booked.
Coverage sounds like improvement.
Hope Mo heals.
No'Shea is getting involved in the D. How come?
Hurl's gone. I never did get an acknowledgement to my observation that "Hurl" is a traditional name given to him by a coach, after watching a bunch of his game film. "I just wanna hurl..."
O line has depth at most every slot. Lost one, grew a few.
K/P is starting to leak but should last a season.
Old site is leasing up, $$ issues MAY soften.
The elephant in the room, the construction law suites, continue to move, albeit slowing down. 2018 may see a judgement. I guess I shouldn't worry because we have WAD's word someone's insurance will pay all the bills. You know, insurance always pays the claim out, in full.
LAPO appears to have accepted his fate.
WAD has promised not to get caught tickling 50/50 vendors.
Now get game day draft beer back under ten bucks, we got us some hope.

Lyle, can I convince you to reconsider that 28 years reminder? Maybe something a little more up beat?
Perhaps, "28 years of passive acceptance" or "the search continues" or "And in the 29th year..."
Illegitimi non carborundum

wolverine29

It did last year.  Both #2 and #3 were unreliable and now one is retired and the other in Ottawa.  It only doesn't matter if we get a full 18 games out of Nichols.

DAN38

Lefevour retiring at 30 tells me he was damaged goods, probably throwing shoulder, that's why we only used him and his size for short yardage. I remember the year before last when with the Argos he burned us pretty bad throwing 4 TDs. Too bad because he had game ! I would like him as 3rd string, still.
    I would say with Durant we have the best one-two QB tandem in the league, a close second is Edm.
    Hopefully our 3rd is a keeper this year. Hopefully we never see him play till next year with the team as defending Grey Cup champs.

Wumper

It did last year.  Both #2 and #3 were unreliable and now one is retired and the other in Ottawa.  It only doesn't matter if we get a full 18 games out of Nichols.
I agree with you, sort of.
With DD behind Nichols, I believe we've got it covered.
Last year, yes, it did matter. 2 or 3 couldn't get it done.
This year, I expect #2 to be a pleasant surprise.

joe

No point to wait for Dressler to go on the 6 game before giving that spot to Demski and throwing him the ball. Maybe a concussion during training camp paves the way into coaching.

Keenan LaFrance should take Chris Normand's spot. Would be nice to see him used similar to Cross in TO. Fan favorite in the making.

Coates, Wolitarsky, and Washington round out the receiving corp.

Can see the jersey sales dollar signs flashing in Wads eyes. May have to watch for a Denmark on sale and show my true Winnipeg roots.

wolverine29

No point to wait for Dressler to go on the 6 game before giving that spot to Demski and throwing him the ball. Maybe a concussion during training camp paves the way into coaching.

Keenan LaFrance should take Chris Normand's spot. Would be nice to see him used similar to Cross in TO. Fan favorite in the making.

Coates, Wolitarsky, and Washington round out the receiving corp.

Can see the jersey sales dollar signs flashing in Wads eyes. May have to watch for a Denmark on sale and show my true Winnipeg roots.
Wishing for Dressler to get a concussion in preaseason that knocks him into retirement?  Not OK IMO.  And our receivers are more formidable with him in the lineup.  After Adams went down last year, Dressler stepped up the most and took a lot of hard shots in the process.  Injury prone?  Yes.  But he's a gamer.

Lafrance is an upgrade as an offensive player on offense than Normand.  Normand was used in some blocking roles on offense and kick teams.  I'm not familiar enough with Lafrance to know if he's capable enough a blocker to fill that role.

I honestly don't know why anyone would buy a jersey with a player name on it anymore with all the one year deals.  The team stores should start offering free changes on nameplates for jersey sales.  

joe

Wishing for Dressler to get a concussion in preaseason that knocks him into retirement?  Not OK IMO.  And our receivers are more formidable with him in the lineup.  After Adams went down last year, Dressler stepped up the most and took a lot of hard shots in the process.  Injury prone?  Yes.  But he's a gamer.
My bad for saying it but there is no wishing for injury to anyone. Sorry if it came across wrong.

It would surprise me if Dressler plays 18 games. He is a crafty vet good at finding open space and good at playing the interference game. Possibly 4 years past his prime at this point but still a gamer. Highly paid. Time to move on imo.

Users Online

69 Guests, 5 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bowl450, FootbalYouBet, Ticats1999, KevinRiley2, BCCFLFAN, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 139. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)