Bombergm2

It's a damn shame, I thought this forum would be fun and informative. But it's nothing but 3 middle aged guys who have nothing better to do with their lives than pretend they know Jack shit about football. Yes that means you lyles, Joe, and papalooza. Absolutely pathetic bunch if you we're to ask me. But hey, that's just my opinion though, what do I know. 

DAN38

It's a damn shame, I thought this forum would be fun and informative. But it's nothing but 3 middle aged guys who have nothing better to do with their lives than pretend they know Jack shit about football. Yes that means you lyles, Joe, and papalooza. Absolutely pathetic bunch if you we're to ask me. But hey, that's just my opinion though, what do I know.
   Please do enlighten us then. Don't run away.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

Hip Hop Hep Hops & Koom By Yaahs are always more fun than sincere, persistent criticism!

If Lyle Bauer were still alive (football wise) he'd be threatening to sue the site provider, sending nasty legal letters to the 3 middle-aged men and launching personal attacks on The 3 Wise Men!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

Who you calling middle aged? I am old!

Just show me the money. I will admit it if I am wrong.

Patiently waiting. Proud to have made the cut.

Wumper

C'mon, say something provocative, pull the pin, roll it in, wait, smile.
It'll get fun and informative real quick.

AND, define middle age. 

Jack Shit, isn't he on the Rider's neg list?
Illegitimi non carborundum

joe

Wade? Is that you?

papazoola

....Is that all you got?...That's pathetic if it is and not very informative at all...Judging by that post you're in depth knowledge of football could probably be put in a thimble and not reach the top...Low life shots like you're putting forward just shows a lack of class......and primarily intelligence... So gm2 get back on your meds. ...and by all means don't call us in the morning.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

....Is that all you got?...That's pathetic if it is and not very informative at all...Judging by that post you're in depth knowledge of football could probably be put in a thimble and not reach the top...Low life shots like you're putting forward just shows a lack of class......and primarily intelligence... So gm2 get back on your meds. ...and by all means don't call us in the morning.
This mope is an example of approx. 70% of riderfans posters - about 80% of mourningbigblue!

Bombergm2

Now that I've got your attention, I'm glad the lot of you old cucks are here. Despite the lack of factual evidence I'm actually interested in what you guys have to say. For one I'd agree that old man ritchie needs to be alleviated of his duties asap. And that Walters hasn't done particularly a great job at drafting prospects. But I'd like to know who you guys would have drafted instead this past year. If you ask me, grey could work out for bombers a year or two down the road. We're losing out on him now yes. But unless he puts it all together within a couple years in the NFL then I bet we see him in blue and gold sooner than later. I have been skeptical about the Ekakitie pick as well. And really don't know how he'll turn out, but is it really fair to label him a bust already? If I don't recall, goosen also went pretty early in the first round and it seemed like he'd be a bust at first, but he's turned out to be a solid starter for us. All star, heck no. But definitely serviceable. 

joe

Now that I've got your attention, I'm glad the lot of you old cucks are here. Despite the lack of factual evidence I'm actually interested in what you guys have to say. For one I'd agree that old man ritchie needs to be alleviated of his duties asap. And that Walters hasn't done particularly a great job at drafting prospects. But I'd like to know who you guys would have drafted instead this past year. If you ask me, grey could work out for bombers a year or two down the road. We're losing out on him now yes. But unless he puts it all together within a couple years in the NFL then I bet we see him in blue and gold sooner than later. I have been skeptical about the Ekakitie pick as well. And really don't know how he'll turn out, but is it really fair to label him a bust already? If I don't recall, goosen also went pretty early in the first round and it seemed like he'd be a bust at first, but he's turned out to be a solid starter for us. All star, heck no. But definitely serviceable.
I will bite. 

For one I don't see how it is possible to separate Richie Hall from Mike O'Shea. It's like you are thinking he comes to work on Monday and everyone is "wtf were you thinking". The fact that Hall has been retained for another year makes me think MOS is happy with the quality of work. Gonna have to deal with your Richie hate and start to look at the total package.

Maybe they kept Hall just to throw him under the bus at years end to save their jobs but I don't think they are quite that sinister. A good scape goat at the right time however is a beautiful thing. (long list)

The 2017 draft was pretty well a total bust. I still have hope for home town boy Ian Marouf. Not holding my breath on Geoff Gray. Edmonton drafted well so if that was Sunderland working the bingo ball machine he did good. Believe their first 3 picks saw game time. I see Conteh is still listed on the Bomber roster. Must do better this year. Passing on Vandervoort was bad. Wolitarsky turns into the next Fantuz and I will get over it.

I believe the Bombers are not thinking rebuild at this point and possibly feel they have the team. I could see them doing something pretty big to try and find the winning combination to put them over the top. 

Maybe it will be Adarius Bowman. He has been a Bomber killer over the years and probably has a few years left in the tank. My opinion if they do is that it doesn't work as well as they hope. We already have Darvin and Nichols doesn't throw many longer type passes.

Would be good for Logan Couture to join Goossen and Chungh and solidify the o line for the next 5 years. 

All in my opinion. We will soon see.

Bombergm2

I will bite.

For one I don't see how it is possible to separate Richie Hall from Mike O'Shea. It's like you are thinking he comes to work on Monday and everyone is "wtf were you thinking". The fact that Hall has been retained for another year makes me think MOS is happy with the quality of work. Gonna have to deal with your Richie hate and start to look at the total package.

Maybe they kept Hall just to throw him under the bus at years end to save their jobs but I don't think they are quite that sinister. A good scape goat at the right time however is a beautiful thing. (long list)

The 2017 draft was pretty well a total bust. I still have hope for home town boy Ian Marouf. Not holding my breath on Geoff Gray. Edmonton drafted well so if that was Sunderland working the bingo ball machine he did good. Believe their first 3 picks saw game time. I see Conteh is still listed on the Bomber roster. Must do better this year. Passing on Vandervoort was bad. Wolitarsky turns into the next Fantuz and I will get over it.

I believe the Bombers are not thinking rebuild at this point and possibly feel they have the team. I could see them doing something pretty big to try and find the winning combination to put them over the top.

Maybe it will be Adarius Bowman. He has been a Bomber killer over the years and probably has a few years left in the tank. My opinion if they do is that it doesn't work as well as they hope. We already have Darvin and Nichols doesn't throw many longer type passes.

Would be good for Logan Couture to join Goossen and Chungh and solidify the o line for the next 5 years.

All in my opinion. We will soon see.
Vandervoot had 1 reception for 25 years all year. Not sure of his special teams contribution if any. Edmontons first round pick only played on special teams, along with their 3rd rd pick I believe. However I will say that boateng came through as a steal for them. Great pick and should have never fallen as far as he did. But with that being said, I do believe a few of their rookies benefited from veterans being hurt early in the year. Which can either be huge for development or a blow to the ego if they suck enough. In their cases, they held their own and seemed to develop nicely as the year went on. Our rookies didn't necessarily have that luxury of stealing injury reps that most don't get unless they are a diamond in the rough. Decent depth along the defensive line so that sucks for Ekakitie, and great depth on the offensive line, so unless all hell broke loose their was no way Spooner saw the field. Ian was hurt and then released, so he truly is an unknown. My point being, I really feel like it is premature to call the draft class a bust. If we go off stats alone, Ekakitie, although out of shape and used sparingly, did progress statistically as the year went on. I believe if we were to get nothing out of him or any of the other draft picks in the 2018 season as well then the bust label can be applied. I'm not sure what the coaching staff situation is going to be, but it'll be interesting to say the least. Rictchie still calling plays and apparently one less assistant coach on the defense (defensive line coach) I'm not sure how exactly this will work, but oh well

Lyle B. Style

Ekakitie - half a sack in several years of U.S. college football and 1 year of pro football north of da border (come mexico way)

That's why I've called him Half-a-Sak-itty - but this nickname not destined for greatness as Faith will wash out thru the system - may catch on in the northern alberta seniors league!

As for The Good-Bye Girls (Miller, Walters, O'Shea) they're really biting their nails now - trying to believe each other's verbal vomit

I suspect if they make a play on Adarius Bowman they'll herald him into town as the 2nd coming. Chances are he's a broke-down hobo - perhaps with 350 to 450 yds left in his body - - - perhaps 1.5 to 2 catches per game, lots of dropsies to boot.

What that tells me is their southern u.s.a. scouting program (known by Codename: Fly By) isn't very effective and Bowman just falls into their convenient laps!

papazoola

.......Bowman still has mileage left ....as long as his eyesight doesn't return to the same situation it was when he was here a few years ago...he'd be a decent pick-up...Go get him Kyle....

....Still want a monster for the middle of the D...might have to settle for a Sherritt BUT that's a big improvement over Hurl...

....Looks like we've brought in a few DB'S to fill Heath's spot....Gaitor is a pretty good signing

......As far as Ritchie Hall's defence....O'Shea will have to step in if Hall's defence is reminiscent of last years 'bend and bust'...Along with Younger, who I believe is Ritchie's replacement, they should be able to fill in the blanks for Hall...Performing with a few new players on D will also help, IF we can sign the right guys....or Rigmaiden finds some studs

Lyle B. Style

Slightly off-topic but I just saw an obituary in the Wpg Free Press - that a man named John Wells had died at 72.

Just a listing with no detail. John Wells, the former TSN announcer will be 72 this week so I wonder.

Anyone else know John or his family?

John had a hard time regaining his balance after TSN cut him loose years ago when Chris Cuthbert was made available by CBC-TV. Worked on a local radio station in Winnipeg for under a year before they also cut him loose. (poor work ethic was said to be the reason).... he was probably only 63 or 64 at the time!

papazoola

Slightly off-topic but I just saw an obituary in the Wpg Free Press - that a man named John Wells had died at 72.

Just a listing with no detail. John Wells, the former TSN announcer will be 72 this week so I wonder.

Anyone else know John or his family?

John had a hard time regaining his balance after TSN cut him loose years ago when Chris Cuthbert was made available by CBC-TV. Worked on a local radio station in Winnipeg for under a year before they also cut him loose. (poor work ethic was said to be the reason).... he was probably only 63 or 64 at the time!
.....Don't know if that's the same John Wells, Lyle, but sad if it is....He wasn't the best broadcaster like a Whitman...but he had his moments...Often wondered what happened to his career...When you're worrying about your own you kind of lose track of others....I think that John and his dad Jack, both suffered from bum tickers...Might have caught up...

Users Online

83 Guests, 7 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Aerial, RedandWhite, schmenger, Lyle B. Style, FootbalYouBet, of course, DisplacedCatsFan, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 155. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)