Wumper

Almost seems like the Bombers may be thinking they have the team they need and want in place the way they are signing the vets.

It is a possibility. All we can do is to wait and see.
Agreed.
Replace Hurl @ MLB, find a quality NI WR, roll back the $$ of a draft beer, they've got it..
Illegitimi non carborundum

Lyle B. Style

Richie Hall is a real drip in terms of tight defense. O'Shea helping him? That's a ruse if I ever saw one - O'Shea isn't going to overrule someone like Hall in the Loyalty-Rewards era!

Ekakatie is a total waste of a roster spot and salary! (but he's loyalled in due to being a #1 draft pick, despite his inability)

Hurl is another waste (even higher price than Faith E.)

Waggoner was born out of the Addison Richards - burn a draft-pick program. NO longer here. Wasted a full #1 pick on that mope. Nothing in return.

Ekakite a bust, The Geoff pick another burn of a #6 spot.

Signing vets and hobos is pretty much the form chart in Winterville.

No Joe Pops or Rick Houses (or even Bob Laroses or Ken Neilsons) in the hopper. (ie. canuck WRs)

Not to mention our relatively immobile star import QB being left out on an island w/ garbage backups!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

papazoola

Walters meeting in Banff with the commish where he has updated our situation a bit....Says were not going to be able to re-sign a few of our stars as everyone wants a raise...Our situation as a rebuild has changed to contender and with that comes greater expectations from the players...We only have so much money to go around under the sms and the paltry 50 grand increase this year won't cut it...Last sentence my words and not Kyle's...Doesn't sound good for a few of our 'stars' to re-up ...I think we may be forced to ask some guys to take a haircut...Probably let a few pursue fa so they can entertain possible better offers...I don't know how other teams can keep their top players year after year UNLESS a team like Cal. or Edm. keeps them around because they are perceived perpetual annual winners...It seems we haven't reached that plateau as yet...Also if the money crunch is that bad, it doesn't bode well for us making a play for talent in free agency...Don't like what I'm hearing...Seems we could just be spinning our wheels in 18' or worse, regressing
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

Walters meeting in Banff with the commish where he has updated our situation a bit....Says were not going to be able to re-sign a few of our stars as everyone wants a raise...Our situation as a rebuild has changed to contender and with that comes greater expectations from the players...We only have so much money to go around under the sms and the paltry 50 grand increase this year won't cut it...Last sentence my words and not Kyle's...Doesn't sound good for a few of our 'stars' to re-up ...I think we may be forced to ask some guys to take a haircut...Probably let a few pursue fa so they can entertain possible better offers...I don't know how other teams can keep their top players year after year UNLESS a team like Cal. or Edm. keeps them around because they are perceived perpetual annual winners...It seems we haven't reached that plateau as yet...Also if the money crunch is that bad, it doesn't bode well for us making a play for talent in free agency...Don't like what I'm hearing...Seems we could just be spinning our wheels in 18' or worse, regressing
I guess the bandits who run the outfit and hole up at the ranch w/ Hop Sing Obby Khan doin' the cookin' are totally resigned to REGRESSION. . . . . form chart says they'll hype up all the hobos and NFL washouts as prime beef talent - until the real test comes - ie. GAMES

Right now, if Nichols is up for 15 or 16 games I see the banditos as no better than a 9-9 team.
If Nichols goes down early - how can he not? I suspect the brew banditos to be anywhere from 6-12 to 8-10

joe

Must be talking about Heath and maybe Randle as the stars that may not be resigned. Seems they have already signed most of the core group.

Thinking Ambrosie is looking at eliminating some of the team loopholes in player remuneration and thus the whining.

Winnipeg has been as fiscally irresponsible as any team in the league since Miller took over. 

Would have thought Randle would be a higher priority than Nevis. 

Users Online

115 Guests, 10 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Taleback, 15_championships, narles, Grover, CFL in QC, DavidC, Lennywasout, TravelPat1, hanker66, Yahoo!, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)