papazoola

......Have to agree Lyle on Eatcakati ...If he doesn't show us something in camp this year and doesn't show up in better physical shape...mark him down as another bust...I wanted Vandervoort instead of the 'gotta have Faith pick'..At least Danny showed the leos they have something to build on...We did make up for it a bit by getting a kid like Wolitarsky, who I'm expecting big things from in 18'...( as long as he stays away from those perogie joints in the north end)  ;D
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

......Have to agree Lyle on Eatcakati ...If he doesn't show us something in camp this year and doesn't show up in better physical shape...mark him down as another bust...I wanted Vandervoort instead of the 'gotta have Faith pick'..At least Danny showed the leos they have something to build on...We did make up for it a bit by getting a kid like Wolitarsky, who I'm expecting big things from in 18'...( as long as he stays away from those perogie joints in the north end)  ;D
Bomber southern scouts (think there names are Smokey & Fish) are the laughing stock of professional football. Ekakatie's selection alone deserve the nomination. Getting blown up with Geoff Gray at #6 seals the deal. Not to mention all the priors on their record!

To stall off the shame and embarrassment I suspect they'll "Etienne" the Faith project, keeping him rostered, showing him improving his diet to 6 Big Macs a day instead of the normal 10.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

Bombers are signing their boys. Keeping the team tight.

Nice to have Bryant resigned. Guessing his package to be $230,000 all in. Not sure what the contract will say.

Medlock will still likely be close to $200,000 structured in secrecy and signing bonuses. Would have liked to see them move on and cut the loss. The Justin Medlock era in Winnipeg has been very good for Justin Medlock. Would not have resulted in fewer playoff victories by sticking with Lirim and they would be set at kicker for the next six years, possibly more. Oh well.

Next signing has to be JFG. O Shea 's main weapon. Is it possible he is from Guelph as well?

Hopefully they save some money for a quarterback this year. May as well toss out my sign Drew Willy plan now and say that he was not looking that bad toward the end of the year and definitely getting the ball out quicker. Could be a good #2 at under $200,000. Unfortunate that they had to upset the pay scale by overpaying Nichols but that is what happens when it is not your money you are playing with.

just an opinion. looking forward to see it play out.

Lyle B. Style

Drew Willy experience - they'd lose minimum 1,000 season ticket holders if they brought in Cheap Willy at even $150k to fill the #2 spot. Willy suffers from shell-shock from his first go-round here - he'd be in utter turmoil going thru another round of brain-pelting!

Bryant was a decent hire - but at $230k (secrecy is always invoked on these big contract dudes), $450k for Nichols, $200k for Dressler, $210k for Harris, there is little to nothing left for extras. Especially Medlock at $200k (no matter how its restructured)

btw Lirim wasn't quite ready and hadn't honed his cannon when the bombers parted ways. Don't know if Medlock kicking FGs inside 50 with 80% accuracy and punting for less than 42 avg. is worth close to the money.

Frankly, if Sergio Garcia (another former Bombers) was available from Hamilton (he had a late season leg injury) I'd take him in a heartbeat. Stronger leg than Medlock, younger, cheaper, and in the last couple seasons more accurate.

Medlock also came up empty in a couple critical situations last 2 seasons.

Wumper

$5,150,000.00/46 roster players = $112,000.00 average. Could go up this coming year.
Loose a few games to IR ("next man up" usually costs less), factor in a few "special team's guys", a long snapper, a couple of QB's, I'm not sure paying your all-stars +/- 200k isn't doable.

Illegitimi non carborundum

aulcee

I can' believe what this forum has  been reduced to.When Nasty Nate is just one of the "gang" it' a sad day.Like  a bunch of jackals.Ive been here a lot of years but Im done.To bad.

Lyle B. Style

They'll also have to deal with Suck Chung's agent - and he won't come cheap - the guy was a near all-star this year. Travis Bond, the hulking LG is prolly gone so they can get in a bit cheaper with Old Paddy Neufeld who's not an earth-mover but an above average pass-blocker!

Centre Goosen will also seek a slight raise - although the argument could be made while Goosen is a gamer - he's pretty average on the pass block and nothing special on earth-moving running plays. But he's now living in Winnipeg and does a ton of community work so he's covered under the team's "LOYALTY REWARDS" card program!

The bottom 7 to 10 players on the bomber roster are basically hobos and non-entities who get roster spots cuz its convenient and they can get to Winnipeg via the long bus.

Lyle B. Style

2018 Draft

Gomer Kyle doesn't have a pick in the Top 5 (thankfully). I believe the bombers will draft 6th or 7th if nothing goes down trade-wise - they'll get another pick in the 14th to 17th range.

Thus 2 picks in the Top 20. Nobody gonna pick 6'10" David Knevel - he's NFL bound

Personally, I'd go for Onyeka the DB or R. Simonise, the troubled U of Calgary prospect w/ my first choice.

Mark David Chapman would be my 3rd choice.

Now I've stated my choices Gomer Kyle and his drafting committee of Sleepy, Sneezy and Ray Charles should be able to avoid all of them! lol

joe

Kind of another brick in the wall signing with Jordan Younger joining the coaching ranks. Guy was a heck of a player in his day for the wrong team. Thinking he is a trusted O'Shea type and will never be allowed to speak to the press.

Seems like another one of the boys deserving of the next step up and will no doubt do a fine job depending on who they give him to work with.

I have a slight issue in that they do not seem to be growing their circle of knowledge by always hiring the buddy they grew up with who is more likely to have a similar outlook and philosophy rather than to look outside the box and possibly benefit from a successful alternative approach. 

Exceptional close mindedness at times. My way or the highway boys. Trouble is the lack of experience creates a situation where they need to invent on their own. Going on 5 years I'm losing faith with the plan.

Would like to add that I do not consider Richie Hall to be separate from MOS in terms of responsibility for the Bomber D. Amazing to me that everyone gives O'Shea a free pass and goes after Richie who also is not allowed to speak to the press to explain the fiasco.

Lucky to have Lapo. Smart guy and open minded. Probably saved all their jobs at least once. Too bad we have to pay him as a head coach and then not let him be the head coach. May not work out better but at least the "can't believe how stupid you are smirk would be gone".

All imo. Best regards.

Lyle B. Style

Richie Hall, health problems and all is the first inductee into the Bombers new "Smirk of Honour"

Fresh nominees include: Duminique Davis, Samuel Hurl, Rox Carmichael, Fat Ekakitie, Jade Etienne and the kid in the office who briefs new players & coaches on what they can and cannot say to the media!

papazoola

.......Not much of a surprise regarding the announcement that we are sticking with Hall, when no announcement of his departure was at all imminent after season's end.....HOWEVER I do see a plan to move on from the little guy, whose time has come and gone....Jordan Younger will be learning the DC position and I see O'Shea and Hall as his mentor....The question will be is when will he take over....IF the Bombers are floundering midseason the natives will be getting restless...Not a time to send Jordan to the slaughter....years end would be more appropriate...Younger is a bright guy and been around the CFL for a decade....Does he have what it takes to run a D....I have a feeling we'll see that next year....Hall has one year left on his contract which most likely will be his last (but with this crew that's not a certainty)...So we have our man in waiting in Younger, who would've got his feet wet in 18', taking the job in 19'...I believe that's the plan...For this year we're going to have Mikey getting more involved with the D and I hope with the addition of a quality middle linebacker a more aggressive one...One positive I'll give Hall is that he's a popular coordinator whom the players like...He'll be kept around mostly for that reason I believe....Just may be one of the reasons (the other being moola) none of our defensive fa's haven't broken down Walter's door to re-up....Well they know now that their favourite guy is still around so I expect a raft of re-signings (ahem) shortly...LOL

papazoola

Richie Hall, health problems and all is the first inductee into the Bombers new "Smirk of Honour"

Fresh nominees include: Duminique Davis, Samuel Hurl, Rox Carmichael, Fat Ekakitie, Jade Etienne and the kid in the office who briefs new players & coaches on what they can and cannot say to the media!
....You forgot the illustrious career as a Bomber infirmary star...Addison Richards..Yup time and money well spent ..NOT

joe

Good signing bringing the Wild one back for another go. 

Smart and always well conditioned there have been many games when he has been our best defensive player. Understatement to say position of concern.

Could be the leading tackler if he can stay healthy. I see this one as being a good thing. 

Lyle B. Style

Good signing bringing the Wild one back for another go.

Smart and always well conditioned there have been many games when he has been our best defensive player. Understatement to say position of concern.

Could be the leading tackler if he can stay healthy. I see this one as being a good thing.
I've been touting Wild as a potential DC candidate for a couple years now. OUtstanding player when not injured. Not yet 30, has missed more games than he's played. Wouldn't mind seeing him ascend to the d-coordinator job in a year or so.

Hall is done like dinner. Basically, running on fumes! An essential part of the Mik O'Shea Loyalty-Rewards program!

joe

Almost seems like the Bombers may be thinking they have the team they need and want in place the way they are signing the vets.

It is a possibility. All we can do is to wait and see.

Users Online

71 Guests, 11 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
habcat, schmenger, Taleback, everyman, Lennywasout, TravelPat1, sully, papazoola, mike619, DPop13, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 120. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)