papazoola

.....I like Loffler a lot...the guy brings it on every play BUT....considering the pounding a MLB takes and his injury history I don' think it's wise to slot him in the middle...He's happy where he is and besides this Gause guy has impressed already at mini camp and according to Tait, he's going to be a serious consideration going forward...Mind you mini camp and tc are horses of a different colour but it's nice to hear we may have a 'possibility' other than Wild on the D line
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

joe

Seeing Micah Awe has been released by the NY Jets. Nice that it happened now for the CFL teams.

Might be an idea to have Rigmaiden and Fenner give him a call and check on plans. Given the GM turnover in BC Bombers might be the favorites to sign him if he is considering a return to the CFL.

I think Awe could help make the Bombers a better team right now and possibly for the next few years. Hoping this one happens. 

Lyle B. Style

Seeing Micah Awe has been released by the NY Jets. Nice that it happened now for the CFL teams.

Might be an idea to have Rigmaiden and Fenner give him a call and check on plans. Given the GM turnover in BC Bombers might be the favorites to sign him if he is considering a return to the CFL.

I think Awe could help make the Bombers a better team right now and possibly for the next few years. Hoping this one happens.

I'd give Awe a serious look Joe. Knock on him is football intelligence. Athletically gifted but relies on his athletic prowess vs. instructions from coaches. May not be the kind of team automaton the bomber braintrust craves. Getting cut by the NY Jets just 3 months after signing has to indicate something wrong.

Appears the bombers will start rookie Gause as their primary MLB - rotating with Santos-Knox, Wild & Loffler - - - - Loffler goes in when and plays deeper than a normal MLB when bombers start daring teams to run vs. short-throw.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

papazoola

.....some say Awe is a vicious player who likes to play on the edge....Sounds good to me as long as he keeps it clean...He sure would bring a different element to the D...I agree with Lyle...something not quite right with that early release on a signed deal...We better check out all of the closets on this guy before proceeding IF in fact we are going to bring him in...Couldn't hurt if everything checks out

Lyle B. Style

.....some say Awe is a vicious player who likes to play on the edge....Sounds good to me as long as he keeps it clean...He sure would bring a different element to the D...I agree with Lyle...something not quite right with that early release on a signed deal...We better check out all of the closets on this guy before proceeding IF in fact we are going to bring him in...Couldn't hurt if everything checks out
Other than Loffler, who played on the edge - the bombers don't really have any vicious guys - so on that alone he's worth a peek. Just don't take endorsements from the same dude who pulled the wool over our eyes on Precious (Ekakitie)

joe

Good points guys. 

When I saw he became available I was thinking of how he displaced Purifoy in the BC lineup and all the related hoopla. Forgot about the suspension for illegal contact and the rest of the chaos that was the Lions last year. Believe Ronnie Yell caught hell over coverage assignments as well so there was a bit of that going on.

The on the edge mentality might not be such a bad thing provided it doesn't turn into penalties and first downs for the other guys. His age is definitely a plus.

No one said he was even looking at the CFL yet so it may never happen. Like everything lately wait and see.

Lyle B. Style

One other guy who was vicious and somewhat dirty that the bombers cut loose was Jamal Westerman.

Most of the dirty and vicious for this guy was housed in poor discipline. At 6'3" and 260 he wasn't exactly a physical beast - most CFL o-linemen worth their salt easily neutralized or even dominated the guy. . . . so his only retort was taking an over-abundance of off-side penalties (some w/ horrible timing) and the odd untimely roughing the passer - which kept numerous killed drives alive. In college Westerman's combination of size, strength and power got him noticed by the NFL. But same thing happened - once he was pitted against 6-5", 320 lb. o-linemen with mobility he was exposed as a bully w/ no real power. Even in the CFL, with slightly less plump/mobile o-linemen he was neutralized. No wonder he became a head case who resorted to cheating on just about every play. Hope the Als have fun with this dude. And to think the bombers almost re-upped this dud.

joe

Maas and Sunderland extended through 2020.

Expect this to be enough for Wad to give comparable terms and conditions to Walters and O'Shea.

Can't have them worried about their future when they need to be thinking about football.

Reality is Walters and O'Shea have jobs for life and are joined at the hip. Pals since the college days in Guelph 25 years ago it is hard to imagine one not having the others back in any situation. Miller is a weasel who would never risk hiring someone who could upset his sweetheart of a deal. Paying Lapo big bucks as a coordinator is an insult to Bomber fans.

Don't know when it got changed but at one time the Bomber president position was a 2 year term deal if I remember correctly. Earl Hiebert was one who served in that capacity. Seemed that was a time of increased Bomber spirit and community presence imo. Maybe that was me just being 35 years younger.

Honeymoon is over now for the troika. Barely heard a word from them all off season and still get the "are you stupid" look for asking any question related to what they are doing. So I watch and wait.

Miller will eventually throw the others under the bus to save his skin but he is the one in over his head in running a football team. Making money was never what it was supposed to be about.

The politically correct Board of Directors is another insult to the fans. Just saying.

joe

Nice to see Andrew Harris extended through 2020. Not that there was any chance of him going anywhere.

I see it as a restructuring of his contract to accommodate Bighill into the sms cap. All good and necessary to be a contender.

Would expect a liberal use of the 6 game injured list to ensure compliance. Not really any point in risking an injury to Dressler until the games start to count similar to Chad Owens last year. Turf toe can be a nagging issue.

My guess is there was a signing bonus for Bighill that puts him in the pay range of Elimimian that is outside of the cap. Possibly property management or something like that. No big deal, everyone does it.

Team is looking better. Looking forward to the season.

Users Online

114 Guests, 19 Users (20 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
brianjoxx, mike2579, MadJack, letsgoticats, EastVanMark, Grover, Holy Mackinaw, Aggie_87, RichardVeilleux, Augustus67, 2ez, rshmglsky, hbw10, BoLtZ, Lyle B. Style, Grimzby, pdson2, Google (AdSense) (11), Google (8), Alexa

Most Online Today: 157. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)