aulcee

Joe you make Lyle look like a gushing optimist.We are a decent DC and some  minor adjustments from the promised land.

joe

Been watching since the mid 60's. Not going to fool me about the Bombers.

Not getting the free pass for the trioka while another coordinator is hung out to dry.

The 2017 record stands and looks good from a far but 5 miracle wins keeps it far from good imo.

Bombers have been a disaster since Miller was hired and will continue to be so until he is gone.

Unfortunately the board is a nice group of people who believe what they are told. The way $400,000 contracts are doled out a person would think the money tree is right there in south Winnipeg if you can get to it around the traffic. Early Monday is not too bad.

Please tell me the Bombers will challenge in 2018 based on some miracle. I see them last in the west despite the efforts of Andrew Harris. It is a shame that he had to come home to what he did.

Anyway... merry christmas

Lyle B. Style

Joe is making some extremely valid points. Like me, he comes from the old school - seen all the excuses and how the board of directors are basically a conglomeration of hi-paid businesspeople but who possess nothing more than coffee-fetch abilities.

Miller is an extremely intimidating individual so he can probably run this program for another 10 years - so long as the attendance holds firm 24,000 to 28,000 per game and he can pistol whip his underlings into selling tons of "winning" sales promotions.

His run will only come to an end if the team suffers two straight poor seasons (both at the gate and on the field)

Miller is still full of hubris. He knows he's got a get out of jail free card for one rotten season. If its next year he'll have to use it.

Meanwhile top football minds don't want to come to this market due to all the interference and bad reputation of the management - so bringing in professional agreers like Kyle Walters and Mike "Loyalty Rewards" O'Shea is the formula for continuation.

Obvioulsy, miller will try to utilize the 12-6 season (and coming within a brainfart of going to the western final) as his marketing drive. Frankly, I don't think the offense is that exciting (other than Harris) under the solid game manager Matt Nichols - and the defense is wildly atrocious with no prospects of improvement looming!

Slight decrease in season tix (1.25 to 2 percent) which is nothing in the scheme of things. Only iceberg Miller has to worry about is the bomber hedge fund depleting and the new Mallister govt. refusing to transfer more coin into the kitty. Slight decrease in seas. tix doesn't hurt that much but if promotional monies decrease 10 or 15%, zero walk-ups then the forecast is for Miller to go on the beg down the road.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

papazoola

....Logistics and the 'money game' attached to the Bombers aside....the Freep has gone willy nilly today about not finding Ritchie Halls name, as well as Costello's (no not Lou) on the Bomber website today ...Speculation is that they may have been told their services are no longer required orrrrrrrrr it's just a website glich...Are we grasping at straws here or clinging to any suggestion at all, that we 'could' be parting ways with Hall...Maybe something in the wind or just wishful thinking...who knows....Article says also we could have our new DC right under our nose in O'Shea????...The wondering continues ::)
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

joe

Look at it from Ritchie Halls perspective.

Your best linebacker goes down with a torn achilles and your starting middle linebacker for the past two years is sitting on a practice roster but he doesn't get a call because he snubbed the Bombers and signed elsewhere for more money last off season. That is classic head up your arse general managering but hang it on the coordinator who can't get what he needs from the rookie they give him to do it. 

$20 beer and a hotdog will camouflage things for a bit but hard times lay ahead for this crew.

Three things not long hidden: The sun, the moon, and the truth. 

Give it time 

joe

Maybe Stubler time. 

O Shea 's choice all along but signed elsewhere back in year 1.

May as well pick more money and pay him like a head coach just like Lapo. Continue to fudge attendance figures and use bonuses to circumvent the sms. Good accounting is what the Bombers are good at.

Smile and wave a lot. Pray for a winning season.

joe

O Shea to assume defensive coordinator responsibilities? Now that is funny.

He is managing everything else so well he feels he can handle more. Puff puff, pass, pass.

Can't wait to hear the excuses start to roll once the season begins.

joe

One move that should be made this off season is switching Tristan Okpalaugo to offence. Anyone who saw him take the long pick six back would have to agree.

Would love him in Dresslers spot but is probably best suited for the Flanders role. Can't see him hurting the protection package so win win.

Could see lapo liking the idea.

papazoola

One move that should be made this off season is switching Tristan Okpalaugo to offence. Anyone who saw him take the long pick six back would have to agree.

Would love him in Dresslers spot but is probably best suited for the Flanders role. Can't see him hurting the protection package so win win.

Could see lapo liking the idea.
.....Ogopogo was so gassed after that pic he needed oxygen to revive...I like Tristan on D...he really puts the pressure on quarterbacks and is more valued in that dept....As for intimating that maybe Hall is the scapegoat...his defence of 'bend don't break' was garbage and he's long past retirement....Get a new defensive co-ordinator and put this team in the CUP.

Wumper

Lyle, I respectfully disagree on your WAD durability prediction. They won't have to fire him.

The video of The Big Guy shovelling snow out of the stands said it all. He's got to be 3, 3 and a deuce.

Wound too tight, waaaay over weight, handling a bunch of deals, I fear he blows a main valve long before ten years. Hopefully he gets some good advice but the guy I see is at huge risk. 

WAD, if you're listening, get healthy. 

Illegitimi non carborundum

joe

Ogopogo was so gassed after that pic he needed oxygen to revive...I like Tristan on D
Pretty sure at one point he must have told himself to remember to just knock it down next time. It was a good catch as well.

Jeffcoat added to the log jam at the DE spot and a big possession receiver is something the Bombers need. Might hurt the D a bit but could help the O a lot. Could see him as an Anthony Auclair type.

Not likely to happen. just wanted to throw it out there.

joe

Living in denial. I thought the same.

Lyle B. Style

Lyle, I respectfully disagree on your WAD durability prediction. They won't have to fire him.

The video of The Big Guy shovelling snow out of the stands said it all. He's got to be 3, 3 and a deuce.

Wound too tight, waaaay over weight, handling a bunch of deals, I fear he blows a main valve long before ten years. Hopefully he gets some good advice but the guy I see is at huge risk.

CEO Wad is not yet 45. Despite his obvious obesity and propensity to govern from his sedan chair he was a bit of an athlete from age 10 to 32 (when he retired as official bomber sparkplug and special teams assassin).

The ravages of obesity, diabetes and other related diseases often don't manifest until early to mid 50s. So Wad prolly has 4 to 6 years left running ops and dirty tricks before his number's called.

Lyle B. Style

Noticed the Top 20 college rankings for Canadians was out on CFL.ca

Bombers have a nasty tendency of burning their picks - either selecting guys like Andy Mulumba who race for their NFL aspirations (now expiring in Mulumba's case btw)

or

selecting fat, out-of-gas mopes like Faith Ekakitie cuz some tout in the south told them he was a gamer.

Other mopes the bomber braintrust tend to pick have names like: Jade Etienne, Tyson Pencer and the Corn-Row Kid who couldn't catch a beachball with super-glue on his hands!

Always a comedy worthy of Danny Kaye when the bomber picks come up. At some point last year the bombers were actually embarrassed to field Ekakitie - as he tended to get pushed and shoved around like a 5 yr old girl. They couldn't cut him - cuz that would have indicted the braintrust as incompetent so they rostered him, using him perhaps 20 or 25 times during the entire season!

Wumper

CEO Wad is not yet 45. Despite his obvious obesity and propensity to govern from his sedan chair he was a bit of an athlete from age 10 to 32 (when he retired as official bomber sparkplug and special teams assassin).

The ravages of obesity, diabetes and other related diseases often don't manifest until early to mid 50s. So Wad prolly has 4 to 6 years left running ops and dirty tricks before his number's called.
A few questions for my wise CFL friends....
Any thoughts on who would be the "next man up" if WAD did go down? 
I also wonder if there are any "Zaun" issues that may surface in the CFL? I've heard rumours....this is a League fuelled on testosterone 
And, entirely un-related, I'm always wondering when Doug Brown goes to the show? 

Users Online

75 Guests, 9 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Taleback, everyman, Lennywasout, TravelPat1, sully, papazoola, mike619, DPop13, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 120. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)