papazoola

.....I believe Etchasketch employed that with Sask. and was terminated....Most likely why he was terminated here...Innovation is great if it works...didn't in both of the cases I've alluded to earlier or he'd still be employed ;)
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

joe

.....I believe Etchasketch employed that with Sask. and was terminated....Most likely why he was terminated here...Innovation is great if it works...didn't in both of the cases I've alluded to earlier or he'd still be employed ;)
Thanks papa. I wasn't sure.
Just remember the Etchasketch D as being a new look for the Bombers all hyped in with the arrival of O'Shea. Probably would have worked better with more Willie Jefferson's and fewer Teague Sherman's but they tried with what they had with limited success. Buck's first year?
Might be an interesting idea in addition to the ring of honor to add a scapegoat of honor section to IGF for those thrown under the bus along the way. Etch's picture could hang proudly but would not be alone. 

joe

Nelkis Kwemo seems interesting. 6'2" LB with long arms. Athletic

God Onyeka has good size for a db and thinks he is the best player at the combine. Both positions of need for the Bombers.

Guessing that means another D lineman at #7. :)

Lyle B. Style

God Onyeka has good size for a db and thinks he is the best player at the combine. Both positions of need for the Bombers.

Guess Stormy Daniels has something on Wad and Walters, too! lol

If Faith Ekakitty has a brother - he's guarandamteed to go at the #7 pick.

WOW. Imagine 2 dead weights on the same roster?

DL Canadian depth is pretty low - that's why they'll take a DT w/ #7

Should take one of the 2 guys you suggested - but Walters is so scorched by his draft performances - he gets sunburn just being on the phone in the bomber bunker.
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

joe

Hurl was Hurl beyond debate but I am baffled by the decision to let the starting MLB go without a replacement ready to step in.
As it stands Bombers are not as good as last year despite the addition of Bowman and Demski imo. 
Walters seems to be unable to plan a year ahead. 
Looked okay briefly but now we are back to trending down. 

Lyle B. Style

Hurl was Hurl beyond debate but I am baffled by the decision to let the starting MLB go without a replacement ready to step in.
As it stands Bombers are not as good as last year despite the addition of Bowman and Demski imo.
Walters seems to be unable to plan a year ahead.
Looked okay briefly but now we are back to trending down.

Walters should be a brand of swiss cheese - always has holes in the bouquet . . . see my thread on Rod Pederson's predictions for 2018 season!

joe

Curious if the Bombers have any free agent camps lined up. I am feeling pretty good these days and may as well give it one last go rather than live a life of regret. 

Thinking doing something in the Democratic Republic of Congo might be a way to turn up some nice rough cut gems. Could go so far as to set up a league and promote the game. Would be a good place for MOS et al.

Not sure what Walters is thinking. Seems odd that they can't work something out with Jake Thomas who was one of our better players at times last year. Still early though and lots of players available in a trying to be positive kind of way.

depopulationINC

Guess Stormy Daniels has something on Wad and Walters, too! lol

If Faith Ekakitty has a brother - he's guarandamteed to go at the #7 pick.

WOW. Imagine 2 dead weights on the same roster?

DL Canadian depth is pretty low - that's why they'll take a DT w/ #7

Should take one of the 2 guys you suggested - but Walters is so scorched by his draft performances - he gets sunburn just being on the phone in the bomber bunker.
Yeah, I was shocked they didn't chase a DT in free agency...It seemed like the logical move for the team, but I also don't think they have a pile of cap space.  Jake Thomas is still sitting around I believe, which is a head scatcher.  This is looking like a weak DL draft as well...definitely weak at DT, there are a few DEs

depopulationINC

Curious if the Bombers have any free agent camps lined up. I am feeling pretty good these days and may as well give it one last go rather than live a life of regret.

Thinking doing something in the Democratic Republic of Congo might be a way to turn up some nice rough cut gems. Could go so far as to set up a league and promote the game. Would be a good place for MOS et al.

Not sure what Walters is thinking. Seems odd that they can't work something out with Jake Thomas who was one of our better players at times last year. Still early though and lots of players available in a trying to be positive kind of way.
beyond what has already been held:

https://www.bluebombers.com/free-agent-camps/

Washington, DC/ Baltimore, MD area
DATE: Saturday, April 7th, 2018
 TIME: Registration – 10:00 – 10:45 am
 COST: $100 cash only (no refunds)
 LOCATION: Bishop McNamara HS – 6800 Marlboro Pike, Forestville, MD
 NOTABLE: This is a non-contact workout, pads are not required. Please bring proper workout attire and water.
Reserve your spot by emailing Assistant GM Danny McManus at dmcmanus@bluebombers.com with full name and position to secure a spot. A formal paper registration will be done on the day of the workout.
Philadelphia, PA
DATE: Sunday, April 8th, 2018
 TIME: Registration – 9:00 – 9:45 am
 LOCATION: Widener University, 1 University Pl, Chester, PA 19013, USA
 NOTABLE: This is a non-contact workout, pads are not required. Please bring proper workout attire and water.
Reserve your spot by emailing Assistant GM Danny McManus at dmcmanus@bluebombers.com with full name and position to secure a spot. A formal paper registration will be done on the day of the workout.
Wixom, MI
DATE: Saturday, April 14th, 2018
 LOCATION: Oakland University, Total Sports Complex, 30990 S. Wixom Rd, Wixom, MI
Reserve your spot by emailing Assistant GM Ted Goveia at tgoveia@bluebombers.com with full name and position to secure a spot. A formal paper registration will be done on the day of the workout.
Charlotte, NC
DATE: Sunday, April 15th, 2018
 LOCATION: Mallard Creek High School, 3825 Johnston Oehler Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269, USA
Reserve your spot by emailing Assistant GM Ted Goveia at tgoveia@bluebombers.com with full name and position to secure a spot. A formal paper registration will be done on the day of the workout.
Nashville, TN
DATE: Saturday, April 28, 2018
 LOCATION: Franklin Road Academy, 4700 Franklin Pike, Nashville, TN 37220
Memphis, TN
DATE: Sunday, April 29, 2018
 Billy J. Murphy Complex Football Practice Field
 115 East Getwell Loop, Memphis, Tennessee 38152
Staten Island, NY
DATE: Sunday, May 6th, 2018
 TIME: 2:00-7:00 pm

joe

Maybe a Lankford type discovery at best is all that can be hoped for. Raw speed takes the day. No next starting QB's or MLB's likely imo.

joe

Henoc signing in Montreal probably puts Anthony Sarao on shaky ground. Believe he played fairly well when he got a chance later in the year. Same height / size as Gause so who knows.

Will say again if Cory Greenwood thinks he can play I would bring him in. Not sure there would be anyone else looking at him. Perhaps Calgary with Mayo retiring. I see big upside potential and a possible ratio saving solution. What is there to lose? Was he not with the Argos when NOS was coaching there? I have not heard Greenwood announce retirement so assume he is still open to playing.

Probably nothing more than off season antsies and frustration over lack of news setting in. O'Shea has to know he has an issue and will have something ready for the season. Hopefully not Bob Younger suiting up but if that's what it takes.

As they say " That is why they pay themselves the big bucks"

joe

Nice pump article today about veterans Jovan Santos Knox and Ian Wild looking to anchor the LB's. Gonna say calling Santos -Knox a veteran is a stretch. Thought there was a sophomore season in there somewhere. Perhaps fits the story better.

Maybe Gause or one of the other new guys sticks and plays a part but sounds like Moe, Jo, and Ian are going to be the guys to carry the load. Seems the Bombers are viewing last years wounded of Leggett and Wild with an optimistic view. Odd how a guy in a similar situation like Cory Greenwood is seen as injury prone. They will stick someone in there and tell us he is doing the job they are asking him to do and that we should be happy and give thanks. I am really hopeful both Ian Wild and Moe Leggett have the best years of their careers. Bombers win the cup and confirm that I am stupid for being a doubter. I'll take it gladly if it happens.

Have to come up with a play on MoJo for the crowd. That will keep us happy.

Lyle B. Style

Nice pump article today about veterans Jovan Santos Knox and Ian Wild looking to anchor the LB's. Gonna say calling Santos -Knox a veteran is a stretch. Thought there was a sophomore season in there somewhere. Perhaps fits the story better.

Maybe Gause or one of the other new guys sticks and plays a part but sounds like Moe, Jo, and Ian are going to be the guys to carry the load. Seems the Bombers are viewing last years wounded of Leggett and Wild with an optimistic view. Odd how a guy in a similar situation like Cory Greenwood is seen as injury prone. They will stick someone in there and tell us he is doing the job they are asking him to do and that we should be happy and give thanks. I am really hopeful both Ian Wild and Moe Leggett have the best years of their careers. Bombers win the cup and confirm that I am stupid for being a doubter. I'll take it gladly if it happens.

Have to come up with a play on MoJo for the crowd. That will keep us happy.
Ay, but here's the rub . . . .

Starting the year with a nice but perennially wounded group of warriors gives The Troika Boyz an easy out when things start to break down - they can always fend off the media with thoughts of "unexpected" injuries with no weeds in the willows!

joe

Quite an about face on Jake Thomas. Can't imagine talks are still going on. It was only last year they were pumping the tires on him about being a starter and a force.

My take is he asked to be paid at least equal to Corney and Ekakatie. He outperformed both of them imo. Guessing that doesn't appear to work for the boys. 

Of course no news so can only speculate Ian Marouf is being looked at to play a bigger role and not really sure that is a good thing for anything other than SMS.

Gonna say they will look at Loffler playing MLB and Jones at safety at some point. Loffler wants to be feared and MLB is a good spot to do that from. We will see.

Hoping we are in a calm before the storm type scenario. Looking forward to the season opener. 

Lyle B. Style

Quite an about face on Jake Thomas. Can't imagine talks are still going on. It was only last year they were pumping the tires on him about being a starter and a force.

My take is he asked to be paid at least equal to Corney and Ekakatie. He outperformed both of them imo. Guessing that doesn't appear to work for the boys.

Of course no news so can only speculate Ian Marouf is being looked at to play a bigger role and not really sure that is a good thing for anything other than SMS.

Gonna say they will look at Loffler playing MLB and Jones at safety at some point. Loffler wants to be feared and MLB is a good spot to do that from. We will see.

Hoping we are in a calm before the storm type scenario. Looking forward to the season opener.
Tay Loffler might be a decent interim move for the bombers - given their feeble work trying to find a steadfast American MLB for under $105k (ie. NFL cut, taxi squad guy, NCAA free agent)

He's not much different body shape than Calgary's Alex Singleton - however, he'll no longer be able to sit in the weeds, 10 to 20 yds behind the line, anticipate the route of the ball and put some unsuspected WR on rubber leg street.

At MLB he'll be doing more dancing than the famed Nicholas Brothers dance act of the 1920s thru 1950s - kinda running on the spot and seeing earth movers aimed at him - than powerful runners carrying 200 to 245 lbs plus a football. SLIGHT DIFFERENC

Users Online

104 Guests, 19 Users (11 Spiders, 7 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Balticfox, ExPat, schmenger, popo, Holy Mackinaw, pikk, letsgoticats, MadJack, Mightygoose, Evil Doctor, Grover, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 147. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)