papazoola

.....Reports are swirling that Adam Bighill is close to signing with us....Don't know how accurate the rumour is BUT IF true, we just got a whole lot better...Fantastic news for the middle of our D

....Officially signed to a 1 year deal ....Can't see any downside to this one BUT I think it may be the end of Wild and possibly Nevis???
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

depopulationINC

Nice signing...impact player, makes those around him better.

DAN38

What, nobody to say anything negative about this signing ?... This is fantastic and it sure looks like the management wants to win. I don't think the news could be any better. All I can say is "Henoc who ?"
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

joe

Like manna from heaven.

Was told he took less money because he wanted to play for O'Shea.

joe

What, nobody to say anything negative about this signing ?... This is fantastic and it sure looks like the management wants to win. I don't think the news could be any better. All I can say is "Henoc who ?"
May as well extend them all right now.

of course

Speaking as a Ticat fan, this was a very good signing for Winnipeg.  Bighill is a great MLB.

I'm still not sold on Nichols as a starter, though, and you guys definitely are thin at backup QB.  Walters needs to sign an experienced CFL QB ASAP to shore up that position, IMO. 

DAN38

Speaking as a Ticat fan, this was a very good signing for Winnipeg.  Bighill is a great MLB.

I'm still not sold on Nichols as a starter, though, and you guys definitely are thin at backup QB.  Walters needs to sign an experienced CFL QB ASAP to shore up that position, IMO.
    Thanks and Nichols IS a starter. It would behoove us to get as much real playing time to the backups as possible though. This is my one big critique with a lot of coaches, ours included.
    Who is your starter now ?

papazoola

Speaking as a Ticat fan, this was a very good signing for Winnipeg.  Bighill is a great MLB.

I'm still not sold on Nichols as a starter, though, and you guys definitely are thin at backup QB.  Walters needs to sign an experienced CFL QB ASAP to shore up that position, IMO.
   Thanks and Nichols IS a starter. It would behoove us to get as much real playing time to the backups as possible though. This is my one big critique with a lot of coaches, ours included.
    Who is your starter now ?
....of course.....just wants us to trade a player from our star studded line-up for a back-up who is very expendable ....'Adams'....Not saying we will but we could however entertain that...probably wait to see if the Cats release him first ..Heck we might even have a qb., who we just signed in Ross, who is just as good....

joe

"

Curious how long Gause sticks with the team.

DAN38

Who ever said management does not want to win? Management is desperate to win imo.

You make it sound like Walters had it all planned that Bighill would fall into their lap just in the nick of time. All they had to do was be the highest bidder and fudge some numbers to make it work. Not hard to do when it is not your money.

Team got lucky and addressed a glaring need by buying it once again. Hope it works this time.

Curious how long Gause sticks with the team.
    If it isn't hard to do then why didn't some other team grab him first and if they did nothing and let Bighill sign elsewhere, you and your AWOL conspiracy buddy would being crying bloody murder saying that Miller, Walters and O'Shea are only concerned about their own jobs... There was no luck involved in this signing. I've read more than once that Bighill wanted to play for O'Shea and if that is true then our HC is attracting players by himself. As much as I have criticized O'Shea, I can't find any negative in this feature of his coaching...Alas, some can find a negative anywhere.

joe

If it isn't hard to do then why didn't some other team grab him first and if they did nothing and let Bighill sign elsewhere, you and your AWOL conspiracy buddy would being crying bloody murder saying that Miller, Walters and O'Shea are only concerned about their own jobs... There was no luck involved in this signing. I've read more than once that Bighill wanted to play for O'Shea and if that is true then our HC is attracting players by himself. As much as I have criticized O'Shea, I can't find any negative in this feature of his coaching...Alas, some can find a negative anywhere.
Agree luck was not the issue other than Bighill becoming available at an incredibly opportune time.

DAN38

Agree luck was not the issue other than Bighill becoming available at an incredibly opportune time.

Do you not think it possible the Bombers may have been the highest bidder? Certainly appeared to me to have had the greatest need at the position.

I am happy the gaping hole in the lineup has been addressed. The Bombers should be a better team with Adam Bighill on the roster. If you want to think Mike O'Shea was the guy who made the difference in the decision that is your choice.

Locker room of love is a little overrated in my opinion. Den of secrets is more like it.

Season is here and time to play ball. Results will tell the story, good or bad.

I do not like posting about Wade Miller but it is a stretch to say his time as grand poobah has been anything less than a series of misadventures. Yes the Bombers made money managing a stadium that they were given and now they are getting into the soccer business. Lets build a velodrome and give that to them as well and we have Winnipeg Enterprises all over again. Life is good.
    I respect most of your opinions concerning the team and I agree with many but along with the misadventures I see that Miller and company have given us a stable  team and a perennial contender. We have a team now that players want to play for. Aren't these three of the main things that so many Bomber fans wanted just a few short years ago. "If only we could have that, I'd be happy" was the refrain. Well, we do have that. The good far outweighs the bad. Win the cup and clean up after the party.

Of course it is possible the Bombers may have been the highest bidder but who cares. We grabbed the ring. We got Bighill. I'm pumped for this season to start. I've always admired that guy even though I hated him at the same time. The fact he wanted to come here and play for O'Shea may have just been the reason over money. I don't know. I like the idea though. Maybe Bighill doesn't like Hervey. Who knows? Who cares? He's playing for us now. Fantastic.

Cheers

papazoola

.....Guys....guys....you're missing something here with Bighill....We made a trade with B.C. in the draft ...dropping out of the first round for them....Granted we didn't want to necessarily want to be in that first round but we were compensated for it with a first rounder in 19' by Hervey...Now I don't see this as a 'for sure thing' that happened but I believe Hervey was asked to 'possibly' bow out IF Bighill wanted to return to the CFL...Funny things happen between GM's sometimes behind the curtain and B.C....like us, are very close to the cap...We might have had a heads-up that Bighill was going to return to the CFL and to get our ducks in order 'moneywise' ...wink wink....So IF this is what transpired...(B.C.) really didn't have room for Adam and not in a desperate need for a player in the middle anyway, so we got a shout-out...Maybe I'm way off base but I know certain GM's...like to work with other gm's of their liking in this league...In any event...no matter how it went down... we have signed a force and have improved immensely on D...I'll take it.

DAN38

.....Guys....guys....you're missing something here with Bighill....We made a trade with B.C. in the draft ...dropping out of the first round for them....Granted we didn't want to necessarily want to be in that first round but we were compensated for it with a first rounder in 19' by Hervey...Now I don't see this as a 'for sure thing' that happened but I believe Hervey was asked to 'possibly' bow out IF Bighill wanted to return to the CFL...Funny things happen between GM's sometimes behind the curtain and B.C....like us, are very close to the cap...We might have had a heads-up that Bighill was going to return to the CFL and to get our ducks in order 'moneywise' ...wink wink....So IF this is what transpired...(B.C.) really didn't have room for Adam and not in a desperate need for a player in the middle anyway, so we got a shout-out...Maybe I'm way off base but I know certain GM's...like to work with other gm's of their liking in this league...In any event...no matter how it went down... we have signed a force and have improved immensely on D...I'll take it.
   Never even thought of this, papa. Although not certain, if this theory is true, it makes Walters a pretty savvy GM. The more I think about, the more I can believe it to be the scenario. Great deduction there, Sherlock !

papazoola

....Indubitably Watson.... ;D...Don't know if thems the facts Dan....but I'm stickin with them

Users Online

100 Guests, 18 Users (13 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Lyle B. Style, ExPat, letsgoticats, Ferg, DisplacedCatsFan, heapbag, tabbiefan72, MadJack, KevinRiley2, Clawed2bitz, Ticatsfan25, rpaege, Mightygoose, Obrigardo, guelphcatsfan, Rick16, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 168. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)