Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "wolverine29"
Quote from: "DAN38"
I guess I am just tired of watching this team find ways to lose and while many fans see close games as exciting, I am getting tired of that too ! I want to see a game dominated by the Bombers from start to finish. A good ole blow-out that makes the losing team seek revenge in the return engagement. It creates controversy and excitement. I look forward to revenge games. That's why the Banjo Bowl is usually a great game. It's payback time !!!

We have a few good posters on this site. Few is the key word. It's been a ghost town here for a while now. Too much expectation and not enough result is the problem. Guys are tired of the ongoing situation. I know I am.

If you look at most of the scores this season, those blow outs don't really exist, especially against west teams.  Even the Stamps let the Riders back into the game after blowing them out in the first half.  But I get your frustration.  We need to start winning the closer ones against the top teams in the west which will only come with more consistent results. We can't have an offense that plays 30 minutes in a 60 minute game.  Once they got the lead, the offense was shut down.  That's when they need to put the pedal down and finish off the other team and not give them that idea they can come back. That's the recurring problem.  I lay that at LaPo's feet.
Plop didn't toss those nerf balls 3 yds over the receivers hands or dig gopher holes with skippies - Mutt Nichols did. 2 more completions & 2 more 1st downs & it doesn't come down to Chokelock!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

pigseye2015

Quote from: "beaglehound"
What on earth was the Bomber head coach thinking with a little over 8 minutes left in the game?  On their own 26 yard line they elect to fake punt and Medlock tries to pass the ball???    I'm all for razzle dazzle but on your own 26?    The Bombers were up 42-34 at this point in the game.  They were dominating the Lions at this point, not the other way around.  The head coach would have looked like a genius had the play worked but it didn't and I think that play cost the Bombers the game.    Was it worth the gamble on your own 26?  Had O'Shea recently been watching a nature film and picked up on the fact that Lions sleep on average  20 hours a da?   Did he think the Lions might be a snoozing?   Hmmm.....Regardless, the Bombers paid the price when the Lions tied the game less than a minute later.

I would say that he doesn't have any confidence leaving the game in the hands of his O or D and frankly, I don't blame him based on what has been going on in 4th quarters so far this year, outscored something like 42 - 9 in the games so far.

wolverine29

Quote from: "pigseye2015"
Quote from: "beaglehound"
What on earth was the Bomber head coach thinking with a little over 8 minutes left in the game?  On their own 26 yard line they elect to fake punt and Medlock tries to pass the ball???    I'm all for razzle dazzle but on your own 26?    The Bombers were up 42-34 at this point in the game.  They were dominating the Lions at this point, not the other way around.  The head coach would have looked like a genius had the play worked but it didn't and I think that play cost the Bombers the game.    Was it worth the gamble on your own 26?  Had O'Shea recently been watching a nature film and picked up on the fact that Lions sleep on average  20 hours a da?   Did he think the Lions might be a snoozing?   Hmmm.....Regardless, the Bombers paid the price when the Lions tied the game less than a minute later.

I would say that he doesn't have any confidence leaving the game in the hands of his O or D and frankly, I don't blame him based on what has been going on in 4th quarters so far this year, outscored something like 42 - 9 in the games so far.

It was a bad call, whether the decision was Medlock's, as some speculate, or O'Shea's.  But ya, at that point you're hoping to get the first and try get some momentum back on your side.  Unfortunately the whiff just really piled on against the team at that point.  To be fair, though, Medlock's pass was on target and if Derek Jones turns his head around 2 seconds sooner, locates the ball, and makes the grab no one is calling this a bad play.  

My hope is that O'Shea and LaPo figure out that they are once they get the lead they are shifting into game management mode to control the clock way to soon.  Run plays, short high percentage underneath completions move the clock a little bit but if they don't get a first down you haven't accomplished much, especially if your D is giving up yards the other waya.

Users Online

84 Guests, 8 Users (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
cfl1234, 150GAGE, GOTC1, Mightygoose, bobo82, Abendschan, 97valkyrie, drummer_god, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 146. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)