hoth

I've got a copy of the 1966 review. I'm happy to share. Any suggestions?
Scanning these programs usually takes me two days per issue. It ain't fun & it ain't quick but the nice part is, once it's done the magazine doesn't need to be handled ever again.

Fred C Dobbs

You learn something new every day:

Stats Junkie‏ @Stats_Junkie 2h2 hours ago

On this day in 1983, @NHLJets Mark Chipman dressed as a WR for @Wpg_BlueBombers in an exhibition game against Calgary. Chipman was released after just one game ending his brief #CFL career.
This means that two owners of the Wpg Jets are former Bombers. Ben Hatskin played on the 1939 Grey Cup winning team.

Balticfox

Fabulous thread overall!

8)
Sly old fox!

Balticfox

1932 Unknown Winnipeg Footballers (and what is "perhaps" the legendary, long-forgotten Carruthers Grounds? If there is a confirmed photo of that place in existence, I'd love to see it.)
Why do you say that Carruthers Grounds has been "forgotten"? Simply because there's no "known" photo? Surely there's a record of when and where it stood?

???

hoth

1932 Unknown Winnipeg Footballers (and what is "perhaps" the legendary, long-forgotten Carruthers Grounds? If there is a confirmed photo of that place in existence, I'd love to see it.)
Why do you say that Carruthers Grounds has been "forgotten"? Simply because there's no "known" photo? Surely there's a record of when and where it stood?

???

I believe it was where the Winnipeg Transit bus station now sits at Main & Carruthers.
And yes, please post a photo when you find one.

hoth

1956 Blue & Gold Game.

Don't have an exact date for this one.

Not much football content in this issue, only 4 of the 36 pages aren't advertisements.

Nonetheless, scanned cover-to-cover, 36 pages, 300 DPI, 128mb.

I always thought that was Eagle Day on the cover, but according to the line-up card, it's Buddy Leake.

Link expires 2018-06-24.

https://we.tl/hGKXQR2THq

Balticfox

Fritz Hanson article taken from the 1951 Canadian Football Review (in fact, the 1951 Season Preview issue).

Wow! Fritzie Hanson! He was before even my time, but he certainly put the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on the Canadian rugby football map.

8)

Users Online

53 Guests, 4 Users (8 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Clawed2bitz, ExPat, Garney 26, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (5), Baidu

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)