S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by smogmonster » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:39 pm

The long time fan favourite in Montreal will now be suiting up for the double blew... According to Popp and Trestman he is on schedule on his rehab and should be ready for training camp. Another aging vet to the 'Blows.

More here from TSN...

The Toronto Argonauts made a blockbuster trade Thursday, acquiring star receiver SJ Green from the Montreal Alouettes for a 2017 sixth-round draft pick and 2018 conditional draft pick.

Green had spent his entire 10-year career with the Alouettes, but missed nearly all of last season after suffering a torn ACL in the second game of the Als' season last year.

Prior to that, the 31-year-old was one of the top receivers in the league, and has 444 receptions for 6,626 yards and 42 touchdowns for his career.

“S.J. is a dynamic playmaker and a proven winner who gives our offence another weapon and brings veteran leadership to our locker room,” Argos GM Jim Popp said in a team release. “We are excited to welcome S.J. to the Argos family and look forward to seeing him in Double Blue.”
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 10:30 am

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by of course » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Unless that 2018 conditional pick is a first rounder, Toronto basically gave up nothing to get Green. Not sure how you call a trade like that a "blockbuster."
Starter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by schmenger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Everything in Toronto is blockbuster because it's the Arblows.
Starter
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by Palmer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Don't know about 'blockbuster' label, but Green going to Toronto and teaming up with Ray is big. Very big. Big, big!
Starter
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by safetyblitz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Beyond his other bona fides, Green is a Trestman guy, and having at least one veteran Trestman guy in the receiving corps will make Ray's life easier.
All-Star
 
Posts: 2763
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:15 am

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by slimjim2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:55 am

safetyblitz wrote:Beyond his other bona fides, Green is a Trestman guy, and having at least one veteran Trestman guy in the receiving corps will make Ray's life easier.


Maybe the Argos will take a risk on Andy Fantuz? he's still an unsigned free agent.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by GOTC1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 am

Where is our S.J. Green ?????
Previously GOTC since 2006 :cowboy:
Rookie
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Victoria BC

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by blackandgld » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 am

GOTC1 wrote:Where is our S.J. Green ?????


What, an old guy with an outrageous contract coming off a big season ending knee injury?
All-Star
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:23 am

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by Mr. Pike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 am

slimjim2 wrote:
safetyblitz wrote:Beyond his other bona fides, Green is a Trestman guy, and having at least one veteran Trestman guy in the receiving corps will make Ray's life easier.


Maybe the Argos will take a risk on Andy Fantuz? he's still an unsigned free agent.


Fantuz signing with the Argos at some point would not surprise me one bit . Austin doesn't seem to be interested in him.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: S.J. Green now in two shades of blue

by slimjim2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Mr. Pike wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:
safetyblitz wrote:Beyond his other bona fides, Green is a Trestman guy, and having at least one veteran Trestman guy in the receiving corps will make Ray's life easier.


Maybe the Argos will take a risk on Andy Fantuz? he's still an unsigned free agent.


Fantuz signing with the Argos at some point would not surprise me one bit . Austin doesn't seem to be interested in him.


I don't think any team wants to touch him until he's finished rehab and they can look at what shape his leg is in.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:28 pm


Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests