Reilly vs Nichols

Re: Reilly vs Nichols

by oilerrocker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:21 am

Nichols looked good against the Argo's I did think he was a little apprehensive when running the ball but I can't blame him. I also like the play package they have for White. With all 3 QB's in the rotation with their own set of plays it gives a lot of teams with a lot to think about. I'm so impressed with the turn around of this organization . :thup:
All-Star

by Eskimosrock » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:32 pm

I will say Nichols played well considering he is a back up, but dont forget that he didnt do anything in the second half to move the ball, especially in the third quarter. Our defense scored two TD's as well, Lawrence scored on a 61 yard TD and Guyton caught a 2 yard pass and turned it into a long TD. Not to take away from Nichols, but you definitely want Reilly back for Labour Day as I dont think he is as great as what you all think him to be.
The Green and Gold is bold.
Veteran

by Chief » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 pm

How much of it was Nichols and how much was McAdoo? You said yourself that McAdoo is a problem.
2015 Grey Cup Champions

Site Staff

by Eskimosrock » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:01 pm

As you guys can see, there is no Reilly vs Nichols. Nichols is nothing compared to Reilly, what a frustrating, incompetent offense to watch without Reilly, and even with Reilly it can be unbearable to witness. Defense isnt doing anything either today. **** sakes. :x
Veteran

by oilerrocker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Eskimosrock wrote:As you guys can see, there is no Reilly vs Nichols. Nichols is nothing compared to Reilly, what a frustrating, incompetent offense to watch without Reilly, and even with Reilly it can be unbearable to witness. Defense isnt doing anything either today. **** sakes. :x

I'll give the D a pass, you can't be on the field all game , offence let us down today. Would I put this all on Nichols NO other holes need filled especially the O-line I think we need to make a couple of trades to sort that out.
All-Star

by Chief » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:23 pm

And maybe get an intelligent OC.
2015 Grey Cup Champions

Site Staff

by oilerrocker » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Chief wrote:And maybe get an intelligent OC.

Oh man you really want him gone, lol . Not this year I'll wait to see how it pans out . Some changes I would like is a big back like Messem to wear down a D more depth at O-line .
All-Star

by oilerrocker » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 pm

oilerrocker wrote:

Oh man you really want him gone, lol . Not this year I'll wait to see how it pans out . Some changes I would like is a big back like Messem to wear down a D more depth at O-line .

I guess I got what I wished for looks like the made a trade for another o-lineman I wonder if something else is in the works.
All-Star

by Chief » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:34 pm

oilerrocker wrote:

Oh man you really want him gone, lol .

Our offence consistently falters in the second half. Eventually you have to look at the guy running the offence.
2015 Grey Cup Champions

Site Staff

Re: Nichols vs Franklin

by Paolo X » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Consider some of the comments made of Nichols last year, who has performed somewhat poorly this year anyway, let's just pick this discussion up from last year why don't we?

56% completion percentage, 4 touchdowns, 5 INTs, and 1 fumble lost and he's no rookie.

I am against this decision to start Nichols. Franklin should start, and either he plays okay or then Nichols should get another chance win his job back.

And when Mike Reilly is back in September, let the chips fall where they may.
All-Star

Re: Nichols vs Franklin

by Eskimosrock » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:05 pm

Paolo X wrote:Consider some of the comments made of Nichols last year, who has performed somewhat poorly this year anyway, let's just pick this discussion up from last year why don't we?

56% completion percentage, 4 touchdowns, 5 INTs, and 1 fumble lost and he's no rookie.

I am against this decision to start Nichols. Franklin should start, and either he plays okay or then Nichols should get another chance win his job back.

And when Mike Reilly is back in September, let the chips fall where they may.

Reilly is the starter regardless when he comes back. This could be a Grey Cup year for us barring more unfortunate injuries, unless Franklin performs better than Ricky Ray when he took over from Jason Maas, Reilly is the starter. Set in stone.
Veteran

by Paolo X » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:21 pm

As stated in the game thread after that fine performance, we'll see if Nichols can pick apart that secondary in BC. He has every opportunity to do so and shine.

When he does that, only then would I reconsider my overall view on Nichols.
All-Star

by oilerrocker » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:00 am

Nichols is really bad on the blitz to slow to react, wouldn't surprise me if the Lions blitz on every play.
All-Star

by Eskimosrock » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:41 am

I was frustrated with his lack of awareness to throw the ball away on blitzes. Good thing Shaw is playing fantastic right now and hitting 100% completion on field goals. A+ to the defense as usual. Ill give Nichols a B. He made enough plays to win and didnt turn the ball over, however he left opportunities on the field.
Veteran

by Paolo X » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:24 pm

oilerrocker wrote:Nichols is really bad on the blitz to slow to react, wouldn't surprise me if the Lions blitz on every play.

I sure hope Nichols is on top of things with hot-reads, progressions, and check-downs.

I see this game as make or break for Nichols with regards to his performance whether it is a win or a loss, but if the Eskimos win a sloppy game they'll keep him on even if he is terrible.

But with a repeat performance like the last one against the Riders, well then we are in great shape.
All-Star

PreviousNext