QB Pat White signs with ESKS

Re: QB Pat White signs with ESKS

by slant » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:29 am

Hmmmm...t looks like White survived the cut so far. They released Harris.
All-Star

by cflsteve » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:37 am

slant wrote:Hmmmm...t looks like White survived the cut so far. They released Harris.

Although some have disagreed but white may be seen as useful with his skill set in short yardage and wildcat packages. Hamilton had great success with this last year with two different QBs. Reilly as the starter with Nichols and Crompton both still with upsides to develop into Qbs in the CFL
All-Star

by cfleskfan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:15 pm

cflsteve wrote:
slant wrote:Hmmmm...t looks like White survived the cut so far. They released Harris.

Although some have disagreed but white may be seen as useful with his skill set in short yardage and wildcat packages. Hamilton had great success with this last year with two different QBs. Reilly as the starter with Nichols and Crompton both still with upsides to develop into Qbs in the CFL

To keep an import QB for short yardage when that is the only skill set he shows, makes no sense whatsoever. Harris got two plays was terrible and was cut. White got close to two quarters, was terrible for close to two quarters and is still around. Maybe White had a bad day and will prove me wrong, I hope so but strictly based on Fridays performance, I have my doubts.
All-Star

by cflsteve » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Short Yardage and wildcat skills has been done before in both the NFL and CFL with and without success. White was that gu in the NFL and last season Lefevour was that guy as well. Levfevour's short amunt of time he spent playing the full QB package he was terrible.
Not saying it should or should not be done but for what other possible reason for keeping him???
All-Star

Previous