Kick returner????

Kick returner????

by Clutch » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:26 am

When are the Eskies (and more specifically Ed Hervey) going to get a kick returner? I thought for sure they were going to start Stoudemire but didn't. This 'Doh' character is probably the worst kick returner I've seen in this league for ... ever. He does, for the most part, hang on to the ball, but is a zero threat back there to do anything with it. i think his longest return was 15 yards. Eskimo's are the only team to not have at least 1 big play on the return team, and that was 6 weeks ago! Doesn't look good for Esk fans this year. A loss now against Wpg next week (after their B.C. game) will officially put the bombers, Lions, and the Stamps in the playoffs if my math is right (i.e. the Lions beat the Eskimos on Friday). Sad for the defending Grey Cup champs. I can't see them getting a cross over either.
Rookie

Re: Kick returner????

by Chief » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Defence is the bigger issue.
2015 Grey Cup Champions

Site Staff

Re: Kick returner????

by brianjoxx » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:54 pm

Clutch wrote:When are the Eskies (and more specifically Ed Hervey) going to get a kick returner? I thought for sure they were going to start Stoudemire but didn't. This 'Doh' character is probably the worst kick returner I've seen in this league for ... ever. He does, for the most part, hang on to the ball, but is a zero threat back there to do anything with it. i think his longest return was 15 yards. Eskimo's are the only team to not have at least 1 big play on the return team, and that was 6 weeks ago! Doesn't look good for Esk fans this year. A loss now against Wpg next week (after their B.C. game) will officially put the bombers, Lions, and the Stamps in the playoffs if my math is right (i.e. the Lions beat the Eskimos on Friday). Sad for the defending Grey Cup champs. I can't see them getting a cross over either.

actually I agree. But hes getting better each game/ could be a sleeper!!
Starter