Go Stamps Go

Go Stamps Go

by 72er » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:18 am

Hi, Ti-Cat fan here will be cheering hard for a Stamps victory tonight. Not only because I hate the Eggos, but because I respect Calgary. Gonna be rough without Cornish and Lewis but best of luck tonight!

Oskee Wee Wee
Starter
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:01 pm

Re: Go Stamps Go

by MrLucky » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:22 am

72er wrote:Hi, Ti-Cat fan here will be cheering hard for a Stamps victory tonight. Not only because I hate the Eggos, but because I respect Calgary. Gonna be rough without Cornish and Lewis but best of luck tonight!

Oskee Wee Wee


I've said it in other posts, but I'll say it again ... not with our depth! :rockin:

People keep underestimating the Stamps ... "so in so is hurt now, so the stamps will lose". I have said right since the end of last year, I like what we did in the off season. I like our Depth (a lot of it a carry over from last year). I like the "team concept" that Huffer is pushing. Underestimate these Stampeders at your own peril! Make no bones about it, WE are the team to beat ... despite our record and the present standings. Saskatchewan is about to be 8 -2 or 9 -1 (they have winnipeg the next two weeks). I'm more than happy to let them "brag" about their "amazing" team. :roll: We'll see what happens when they meet us again and when they met us in the playoffs. Their own coach said he "designed this team to beat the Calgary Stampeders". That in itself is an acknowledgement that we are the better team.

I'm happy to "ride out" the season in second place. Let other teams keep talking smack about how wonderful they are. I'm content to sit back and keep winning football games and continually improving. :wink:

:cowboy:
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 am

Re: Go Stamps Go

by Deanjo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:29 am

MrLucky wrote: Their own coach said he "designed this team to beat the Calgary Stampeders". That in itself is an acknowledgement that we are the better team.


You have a funny way of interpreting things. When a team is designed to beat another team it implies that the designed team is the better. You don't design an inferior team to beat another.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Go Stamps Go

by RedandWhite » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:00 pm

MrLucky wrote:That in itself is an acknowledgement that we are the better team.


...I don't agree with this statement either...I believe what Chamblin meant was he took around the west, recognized the stamps as the biggest threat to the riders and designed a team to address that threat...I disagree with your interpretation too Dean in that the 'design' doesn't automatically make them the better team, it's the execution that does, and so far these teams are pretty evenly matched...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Go Stamps Go

by Deanjo » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:36 pm

RedandWhite wrote:
MrLucky wrote:That in itself is an acknowledgement that we are the better team.


...I don't agree with this statement either...I believe what Chamblin meant was he took around the west, recognized the stamps as the biggest threat to the riders and designed a team to address that threat...I disagree with your interpretation too Dean in that the 'design' doesn't automatically make them the better team, it's the execution that does, and so far these teams are pretty evenly matched...


In Chamberlins mind he created a team to beat Calgary. That is very different then him saying that Calgary is the better team, just that he sees the Stamps as the main competition this year. If a person needs a 10 foot ladder to reach a roof he doesn't design a 6 foot ladder.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Go Stamps Go

by RedandWhite » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:55 pm

...Thank you for basically agreeing with what I said
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Go Stamps Go

by MrLucky » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:54 am

Deanjo, RedandWhite;

We are ALL saying the same thing. We all just say it a different way (getting caught up in the "wordsmithing"). To me if your design a ladder to get to the height of 10 feet, because your six foot ladder wasn't big enough it's the same as saying "hey we are playing at Winnipeg's level (sorry I couldn't resist :lol: ) and we need to play at Calgary's level, so we need to design our team to beat the better team." To me that is an admission that we are the better team.

Really it's tomato vs Tomato

:cowboy:
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 am

Re: Go Stamps Go

by Deanjo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:30 pm

MrLucky wrote: To me that is an admission that we are the better team.


No it means you were the better team until he designed the new one (in his mind) to beat what was the better team.

Tense means everything. There is no doubt that last year, you were the better team.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Go Stamps Go

by MrLucky » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Deanjo wrote:No it means you were the better team until he designed the new one (in his mind) to beat what was the better team.

Tense means everything. There is no doubt that last year, you were the better team.


And based on the standings right now ... we ARE the better team this year as well! :lol:

I guess Chamberlain had go back to the drawing board and design a better "ladder"! :wink:

:cowboy:
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 am

Re: Go Stamps Go

by RedandWhite » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:41 pm

:thup:
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.
Site Staff
 
Posts: 14818
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 am
Location: Calgary

Re: Go Stamps Go

by Deanjo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Ummm, mission accomplished. Who's the better team again?
All-Star
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Go Stamps Go

by fahq » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Deanjo wrote:Ummm, mission accomplished. Who's the better team again?



You show your worth as a human being kicking us when we are down. I hope you get exactly what you deserve.
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:24 am
Location: Take a look in your backyard...

Re: Go Stamps Go

by Deanjo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:08 pm

fahq wrote:
Deanjo wrote:Ummm, mission accomplished. Who's the better team again?



You show your worth as a human being kicking us when we are down. I hope you get exactly what you deserve.


Hey Chamberlin set out to design a team to beat the stamps and that is exactly what they did. The stamps were the best team in the west (like I said a few months back).
All-Star
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: Go Stamps Go

by kasps » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Deanjo wrote:Ummm, mission accomplished. Who's the better team again?


Zero class, typical Rider fan!! Stamps will be solid again next year. Sorry guys .Bomber fans were pulling for the Stamps today. !!!!
All-Star
 
Posts: 4275
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Go Stamps Go

by Deanjo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:59 pm

kasps wrote:
Deanjo wrote:Ummm, mission accomplished. Who's the better team again?


Zero class, typical Rider fan!! Stamps will be solid again next year. Sorry guys .Bomber fans were pulling for the Stamps today. !!!!


Facts are facts.

I guess Chamberlain had go back to the drawing board and design a better "ladder"!


To me that is an admission that we are the better team.


I disagree with your interpretation too Dean in that the 'design' doesn't automatically make them the better team, it's the execution that does


we ARE the better team this year as well! :lol:


In the end, there was the better team on the field and it wasn't Calgary.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm

Next

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests