Ho Hum Another Fine

Ho Hum Another Fine

by Taleback » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:43 am

As a shareholder of this club I am getting pretty pis sed with these never ending fines. Jones is tarnishing this
team like no other in history. This money has got to start coming from Jones pocket and not mine as a shareholder. Anyone want to get on board and contact Tony Merchant regarding this? :D Since Jones can't effectively figure out how to use play action, maybe a class action will get his attention.
All-Star
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:31 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by ed ohmnes » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 am

Really, Can we get another coach who respects the rules, not one who's dragging the rider name through the mud again.
Starter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by bowl450 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:23 pm

Why it that that the Riders were only allowed 35 players in mini camp and the Argos had 62 ?
Veteran
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:41 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by StormRider1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Jones has lead this team down hill and has caused how much in fines, he has done everything that is not Saskatchewan. When will they get rid of this a-hole!! How he has released or pissed off players.. just not the Rider nation way!! :x
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 752
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:43 am
Location: Prince Albert, Sask

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by ed ohmnes » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 pm

amen
Starter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by nythril » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 pm

These fines had better come out if his pocket!!!
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by ed ohmnes » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Oh yeah $ 116,000. I doubt it
Starter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by JimmytheGreek » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Well as some say "if you ain't cheating,you ain't trying" the problem is that Jones cheats and gets caught every friggen time and what have the benefits of this been? The Riders are the laughing stock of the league and the team is a lot lighter in the wallet.

Either the Riders make the playoffs this year or Jones needs to go. I'm sure we can get a much cheaper clown that can get fined every time he turns around and still not win, at least the savings on a cheaper GM could go towards paying off the fines.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by depopulationINC » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 am

JimmytheGreek wrote:Well as some say "if you ain't cheating,you ain't trying" the problem is that Jones cheats and gets caught every friggen time and what have the benefits of this been? The Riders are the laughing stock of the league and the team is a lot lighter in the wallet.

Either the Riders make the playoffs this year or Jones needs to go. I'm sure we can get a much cheaper clown that can get fined every time he turns around and still not win, at least the savings on a cheaper GM could go towards paying off the fines.


What makes you think he gets caught every time?

honestly...talking to the guys PR agent...I can't believe that they are calling that tampering...seems kinda bs

i like pushing the envelope and sometimes you are going to get burned with it...yes Jones has went too far with a some stuff (mainly the extra players...every single team does it but he was ridiculous) but this one seems like a stretch. Is it tampering if you share a barber and you ask about the player...kinda bs
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9203
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by ed ohmnes » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:40 am

Well if he's that disliked in the league, then he's just a hindrance to the team.
Starter
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by nythril » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:25 pm

I have no way to prove it but it almost seems as if the conversation could have been about young.

How far separated do teams have to be? What steps can you take that would prevent fines?

A lot of players use the same agents- publicist - trainers etc. If there is fines for talking to any connected in any way it could make it difficult to operate for any team.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by LeStaf » Mon May 01, 2017 9:06 am

JimmytheGreek wrote:Either the Riders make the playoffs this year or Jones needs to go. I'm sure we can get a much cheaper clown that can get fined every time he turns around and still not win, at least the savings on a cheaper GM could go towards paying off the fines.


Ed Hervey est disponible. Il a monté une bonne équipe à Edmonton. Il pourrait en faire autant à Regina sans avoir à enfreindre les règlements à tous les deux mois.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by nowhereman » Mon May 01, 2017 11:59 am

LeStaf wrote:
JimmytheGreek wrote:Either the Riders make the playoffs this year or Jones needs to go. I'm sure we can get a much cheaper clown that can get fined every time he turns around and still not win, at least the savings on a cheaper GM could go towards paying off the fines.


Ed Hervey est disponible. Il a monté une bonne équipe à Edmonton. Il pourrait en faire autant à Regina sans avoir à enfreindre les règlements à tous les deux mois.

:lol: :thdn:
User avatar
Starter
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by bowl450 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:32 pm

this quote is taken out of todays Leaderpost.

" “I share their disappointment,’’ Reynolds said. “We’ve talked about this internally and we don’t expect this to happen again. We’ve addressed it and we have to turn the page and move forward. As the leader of this organization, I’m extremely disappointed in it, and I share the fans’ disappointment. "

my question is why didn't this conversation take place after the first fine ?

do you want to push the envelope ?
yes, but within the guidelines of the CFL rules and regulations.
Veteran
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:41 pm

Re: Ho Hum Another Fine

by depopulationINC » Mon May 01, 2017 6:18 pm

bowl450 wrote:this quote is taken out of todays Leaderpost.

" “I share their disappointment,’’ Reynolds said. “We’ve talked about this internally and we don’t expect this to happen again. We’ve addressed it and we have to turn the page and move forward. As the leader of this organization, I’m extremely disappointed in it, and I share the fans’ disappointment. "

my question is why didn't this conversation take place after the first fine ?

do you want to push the envelope ?
yes, but within the guidelines of the CFL rules and regulations.


It did...I find this fine to be kinda BS based on what I have heard which is basically this...

Riders were talking to PR agent about players 'out there' that might be looking...it is one of the things scouts and such do within their contact field...JM was brought up and the workout he was going to to put on during bowl week was as well....person said oh where is that happening (suggesting they might want to check it out). Another person within the CFL had a similar conversation later and it was mentioned the Riders were interested in the workout. No idea if they attended but even if they did...I call BS on tampering...it was an open workout by JM. So it really sounds as if Dunk's source was the person within the CFL and that traced back to his PR person that Dunk called 'someone close to Vince' (as he said he had traced). Even if a Rider rep was at that workout...this is lame.

Note that I am intentionally leaving names out. I don't know this for 100% but the person that told me I have a high level of trust in when they tell me things. If all of that is true I say BS on tampering personally. That would mean that if a scout or something attends an OTA or mini of an NFL team or a practice of a NCAA or Arena or what have you team and observe someone on a neg list that it is tampering. That IMO is complete BS. It is my understanding that the conversation was not "about JM" but that it was something that came up during the conversation.

If the Riders were the ones seeking something out...yup...nail em. If they actually worked him out then a rather massive hammer should come down still. If it is actually how I am lead to believe it occurred I find the whole thing a rather large load of dung.

Why has the CFL not nailed the Riders for a workout...likely because what was conveyed to me is fairly accurate and they never "worked him out" but potentially attended an open workout he put on. Would this be breaking the tampering rules? Not really IMO. I suppose one could argue that they discussed a neg listed player, but that seems pretty weak sauce if this is true....pushing grey area...sure...actually tampering...I don't think so.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9203
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Next

Users browsing this forum: StormRider1 and 2 guests