Riderfans site

Re: Riderfans site

by depopulationINC » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:34 am

Lyle B. Style wrote:
cflisthebest wrote:It can stay down for good for all I care, corrupted forum run by losers

Pretty much spot on! The mope who runs the site is a real hater - Trump like tolerance without the trophy wife! More like a Brophy wife!!! :cowboy:

Anyways, the biggest single site for fans of one team - I think they sport well over 1,200 active members but most threads dominated by 4 or 5 commancheros = many with issues beyond comprehension.

That said, a half dozen to 10 of the funniest posters in the land!

I got banned for life for calling the Blue Jays a sadly corrupt group of millionaires who'll never win another World Series!

Whether one agrees with that statement or not that is pretty funny lol
All-Star

by rdavidson » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:00 am

Gov emailed me last night with the long version of the update.

As I said the hard drive that the stie is on with the server failed. I am guility of being naive. I just figured I pay these guys enough money that they would be prepared for something like that. But turns out they don't back anything up. They couldn't retreive anything from the hard drive meaning we lost it all. First step of the rebuild is to get the forum back up and running so people can post....that is the engine that drives the site. We will do the rest in stages. I can say the build is happening right now, and we should be up soon (don't want to give a day and miss it)
And for any other site owners, if you are using Amerinoc, back up everything NOW!!
Rookie

by Lyle B. Style » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 am

cflisthebest wrote:
STM wrote:So I take it that you were banned...

the people who run it are a bunch of good ole boys. it may be the most active forum in the CFL but there's so much fighting and ganging up on people by the ole boys club.

If you aren't on their side you're an outsider and you get ridiculed and harassed.

a lot of jerks and asses there and the admins don't care because they're all part of the gang.

Rumour had it the owner/admin. was pretty sick in the head. Not a very nice place if you present alternative viewpoints about the CFL, Bluejays, the bottle man who used to be riders presidente, etc. :cowboy:
Tons of the members where traditional white boys club bigots & haters - but they were allowed to attack new members - and you'd get banned if you responded in kind. So bigotry would be the key descriptor of that godforsaken site!
All-Star

by STM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Lyle why do you sound so bitter. You were nothing but sweet and nice on Riderfans.
Practice Squad

by STM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:40 pm

rdavidson wrote:Gov emailed me last night with the long version of the update.

As I said the hard drive that the stie is on with the server failed. I am guility of being naive. I just figured I pay these guys enough money that they would be prepared for something like that. But turns out they don't back anything up. They couldn't retreive anything from the hard drive meaning we lost it all. First step of the rebuild is to get the forum back up and running so people can post....that is the engine that drives the site. We will do the rest in stages. I can say the build is happening right now, and we should be up soon (don't want to give a day and miss it)
And for any other site owners, if you are using Amerinoc, back up everything NOW!!

Well to be quite honest there is a lot of content on that site lately that is better off deleted.
Practice Squad

by Preisst » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Lyle B. Style wrote:Rumour had it the owner/admin. was pretty sick in the head. Not a very nice place if you present alternative viewpoints about the CFL, Bluejays, the bottle man who used to be riders presidente, etc. :cowboy:
Tons of the members where traditional white boys club bigots & haters - but they were allowed to attack new members - and you'd get banned if you responded in kind. So bigotry would be the key descriptor of that godforsaken site!

This is out and out bullpoop.

It takes a lot to get a ban there.

That said there is a definite double standard and a poster can get banned for saying the exact same thing as another poster who won't get banned. Basically there is one mod who is a complete jackoff and a megalomaniac. Other then that ahole it's not bad.

There are some posters with serious mental issues but the same thing can be said about this or any other site. Self appointed special advisors are everywhere.

FTR - I used to post there a lot but the double standard they employ goes against my basic principles and it's been months since I have.....
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by cflisthebest » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:23 am

I don't feel sorry at all! Good on him.

Punishment for how he treats his forum members
A Proud member of the Rider Nation!
All-Star

by Lyle B. Style » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:13 am

cflisthebest wrote:I don't feel sorry at all! Good on him.

Punishment for how he treats his forum members

A lot of the regular "brown booted bullies" on that site are probably getting the shakes about now - going into withdrawal without the ability to bully peeps on riderinfest :cowboy:
All-Star

by HfxTC » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:32 am

So all you banned folks will now be able to create new user names and have a blast. :lol:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Lyle B. Style » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:06 am

HfxTC wrote:

Wouldn't even bother with sickboy.com anymore. They'll spend the first six months trying to develop an algorithm to detect writing styles of certain banned posters. Have to hire a programmer from outside Sask'n as they don't have much technology over there!

So all you banned folks will now be able to create new user names and have a blast. :lol:
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:39 am

Well like I said there are the extremists there but there are also the average joe rider fans too. I take what is posted most of the time with a grain of salt depending on the level of extremity. Still like I also said they do get some good stuff and usually are on top of anything good or bad about the team so if you want to get the latest happenings on and off the field dealing with the Riders it is a very good source.

As for bullying newbies I haven't noticed a ton of it but I'm sure it does occur as it does at most forums. I found if you believe something or in your opinion as long as you don't trash talk others, most are respectful of you. Yes there are always the exceptions but again that happens at most forums so nothing new there.
All-Star

by Preisst » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:49 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:Well like I said there are the extremists there but there are also the average joe rider fans too. I take what is posted most of the time with a grain of salt depending on the level of extremity. Still like I also said they do get some good stuff and usually are on top of anything good or bad about the team so if you want to get the latest happenings on and off the field dealing with the Riders it is a very good source.

As for bullying newbies I haven't noticed a ton of it but I'm sure it does occur as it does at most forums. I found if you believe something or in your opinion as long as you don't trash talk others, most are respectful of you. Yes there are always the exceptions but again that happens at most forums so nothing new there.

In truth that site was on top of all the happenings on and off the field for the entire league. They just need to eliminate the double standards.

As for the bullying of newbies, I never saw it. Matter of fact they used to make new posters feel very welcome.

They just need to restart without that one megalomaniac jack off mod and they would be okay, and FTR I was not banned that I know of so this isn't sour grapes talking.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by STM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:04 am

Preisst wrote:
JimmytheGreek wrote:Well like I said there are the extremists there but there are also the average joe rider fans too. I take what is posted most of the time with a grain of salt depending on the level of extremity. Still like I also said they do get some good stuff and usually are on top of anything good or bad about the team so if you want to get the latest happenings on and off the field dealing with the Riders it is a very good source.

In truth that site was on top of all the happenings on and off the field for the entire league. They just need to eliminate the double standards.

As for the bullying of newbies, I never saw it. Matter of fact they used to make new posters feel very welcome.

They just need to restart without that one megalomaniac jack off mod and they would be okay, and FTR I was not banned that I know of so this isn't sour grapes talking.

There are a couple of arrogant people who figure that they have the inside track on all things CFL, but they are the exception. There are hundreds of good people who are regular posters and thousands who are readers and occasional posters. I think they could stand to have a rule that keeps posters from saying the same thing over and over again.
Practice Squad

by Preisst » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm

STM wrote: There are a couple of arrogant people who figure that they have the inside track on all things CFL, but they are the exception. There are hundreds of good people who are regular posters and thousands who are readers and occasional posters. I think they could stand to have a rule that keeps posters from saying the same thing over and over again.

Yeah those "insider experts" make me laugh. It's like they are 9 and 10 year old children getting all excited about getting an autograph from a player......lol.......there are 1 or 2 who did provide some good input and insight but most of them were just self-absorbed self appointed know it alls.

In respect to the repetition some of the threads were beyond ridiculous. The Trump thread was about 15, 749 pages of the same 4-6 posters saying the same thing for 15, 748 pages, bickering with one another over and over and over again and all 4-6 of them saying the EXACT same thing for over 18 months. It was boring.

I will never forget one thread where there were about 4 posters trying to dictate to me how and when I should be putting gas into my vehicles. Believe it or not, it actually happened.

In any event I wish them the best going forward, I might check it out again some day but as long as they continue to practice double standards and as long as a particular megalomaniac jackoff mod is still there nothing will change anyway.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by depopulationINC » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Preisst wrote:
STM wrote: There are a couple of arrogant people who figure that they have the inside track on all things CFL, but they are the exception. There are hundreds of good people who are regular posters and thousands who are readers and occasional posters. I think they could stand to have a rule that keeps posters from saying the same thing over and over again.

Yeah those "insider experts" make me laugh. It's like they are 9 and 10 year old children getting all excited about getting an autograph from a player......lol.......there are 1 or 2 who did provide some good input and insight but most of them were just self-absorbed self appointed know it alls.

In respect to the repetition some of the threads were beyond ridiculous. The Trump thread was about 15, 749 pages of the same 4-6 posters saying the same thing for 15, 748 pages, bickering with one another over and over and over again and all 4-6 of them saying the EXACT same thing for over 18 months. It was boring.

I will never forget one thread where there were about 4 posters trying to dictate to me how and when I should be putting gas into my vehicles. Believe it or not, it actually happened.

In any event I wish them the best going forward, I might check it out again some day but as long as they continue to practice double standards and as long as a particular megalomaniac jackoff mod is still there nothing will change anyway.

I checked it out some time back and yeah...the merigoround was too much at times. I found that there was good chat on the topics but 75%+ fighting and antics...makes it almost unreadable unfortunately.

I had to laugh at the gas thing...I was just reading on it the other day somewhere...too funny. I wouldn't say there is a "right way" but it did have some good tips on how to actually save a fair bit when you add it up...little things like filling in the morning when the gas is cooler...there were about a half dozen points that were pretty interesting that I am going to try to follow.
All-Star

PreviousNext