Once again no Wayne Shaw for CFHOF

Once again no Wayne Shaw for CFHOF

by cflisthebest » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Does anyone else see the problem here?
A Proud member of the Rider Nation!
All-Star

Re: Once again no Wayne Shaw for CFHOF

by pw13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:25 am

I can't speak to Shaw's suitability as a candidate as I either didn't see him play or don't remember him. But I can ask for the umpteenth time -- no Hank Ilesic? Really?
All-Star

by LeStaf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Je n'ai pas souvenir de Shaw car j'étais trop jeune, mais son résumé de carrière montre qu'il est certainement un candidat digne de mention.

Il y a beaucoup de joueurs oubliés dans chaque équipe pour ces reconnaissances, dont plusieurs peuvent être qualifiées de scandales. Dans un passé récent, Bryan Chiu me revient en tête constamment.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:15 pm

Shaw should likely be there....but he is in the POH and that probably means as much or more to him because it was his fanbase that pushed him there. JMO
All-Star

by Preisst » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:38 pm

pw13 wrote:I can't speak to Shaw's suitability as a candidate as I either didn't see him play or don't remember him. But I can ask for the umpteenth time -- no Hank Ilesic? Really?

Why not go start an Ilesic thread about it then?
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by pw13 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Preisst wrote:
pw13 wrote:I can't speak to Shaw's suitability as a candidate as I either didn't see him play or don't remember him. But I can ask for the umpteenth time -- no Hank Ilesic? Really?

Because it fits just fine in this thread, and because there are already way too many threads in these forums? This one had four replies in a week, so it's not as if mentioning another player somehow derailed the thread.
All-Star

by Preisst » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:36 am

pw13 wrote:
Preisst wrote:

Because it fits just fine in this thread, and because there are already way too many threads in these forums? This one had four replies in a week, so it's not as if mentioning another player somehow derailed the thread.

Thanks, I was just curious.

Shaw not being inducted is a travesty.....my memory might be shaky on this but I heard/read somewhere once that it may have to do with a big name ex-player who is involved on the selection committee having an issue with Shaw cuz injured him once on a clean hit. Or something along those lines.

Don't quote me and I have no idea as to the validity of this.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by pw13 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 am

The lack of transparency around the selection process lends credence to theories like this. I personally think Ilesic is not in because he was a friendly source for Marty York, whom the CFL establishment hated. Shaw may be out for some equally petty reason.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:53 pm

The old boys club ? Perhaps they need some young blood in there.
Starter