Vince Young

Re: Vince Young

by nowhereman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:07 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
nowhereman wrote:Really? We barely squeak it out with Dinwiddie as their QB (making his first CFL start)...give your head a shake.

It is tough to say...I mean there is definite merit that the Bombers likely do a lot better with him but there is a lot to the mentality going into the game. As soon as he was out the Riders became pretty heavy favorites in the cup and that can do a lot to a team's play in a game...pretty easy to get i your own head and you more often see a team play down to their opponent that up to them. Had Glenn not went down and they played better the Riders may have played better as well....we will never know.

Maybe, but Joseph wasn't really lighting it up. You're right, it's all speculation now, but I know watching the game, I kept saying that it was fortunate Glenn was out (and I really am a loyal Rider fan).
Starter

by Preisst » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:24 pm

nowhereman wrote:Really? We barely squeak it out with Dinwiddie as their QB (making his first CFL start)...give your head a shake.

Says the genius who pretends he knows what might have happened in a hypothetical situation. I suppose you "know" that Team Canada would have lost the Summit Series if Bobby Orr would have played in it too? Perhaps you can share this Wednesdays winning lottery #s seeing as you are apparently so omniscient..... :cowboy:

You're going nowhereman,,,,,,
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Preisst » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:27 pm

nowhereman wrote:Maybe, but Joseph wasn't really lighting it up. You're right, it's all speculation now, but I know watching the game, I kept saying that it was fortunate Glenn was out (and I really am a loyal Rider fan).

Oh!!!! Well in that case,,,,,eexxxcccuuuussseee me.....
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by JimmytheGreek » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:41 am

Preisst wrote:

Says the genius who pretends he knows what might have happened in a hypothetical situation. I suppose you "know" that Team Canada would have lost the Summit Series if Bobby Orr would have played in it too? Perhaps you can share this Wednesdays winning lottery #s seeing as you are apparently so omniscient..... :cowboy:

You're going nowhereman,,,,,,

Well of course no one knows what would have happened but odds are Glenn would have done better then Dinwiddie, so who knows. The riders didn't exactly light it up that game. It shouldn't have been as close as it was in my opinion.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:21 am

nowhereman wrote:
Taleback wrote:Kerry Joseph had 58.5% when he won the cup with Riders in 2007.

If Glenn hadn't broken his arm, I doubt we would've won that game...just sayin'.

Je comprends cette perception, et elle est légitime dans une certaine mesure. Cependant, rien n'indique que si Glenn avait été aux commandes de l'attaque de Winnipeg, ils auraient réellement gagné. Glenn a été aux commandes d'une excellente équipe à la Coupe Grey de 2012 et elle n'a pas gagné. Il avait une équipe encore plus dominante en 2013 et les Roughriders l'ont battue en finale de division. Encore cette année, peu de gens donnaient beaucoup de chances au Rouge et Noir de gagner la Coupe Grey et ils l'ont vraiment gagnée.

Les parties de la Coupe Grey réservent souvent des surprises, aussi bien que les spéculations qu'on puisse y faire ont souvent un fondement sensé, l'histoire nous montre que les surprises sont fréquentes lors de cette partie. Ça fait partie de l'intérêt du football : à la fin, c'est une partie qui décide si l'équipe laissera sa marque dans la mémoire, ou pas.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by Preisst » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:06 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:Well of course no one knows what would have happened but odds are Glenn would have done better then Dinwiddie, so who knows. The riders didn't exactly light it up that game. It shouldn't have been as close as it was in my opinion.

There is also good odds that Glenn would have pooped the bed like he's done his entire career in big money games. No one knows what would or wouldn't have happened. We may have won by even more then we did.

It is disingenuous for anyone to pretend they know what would have happened like certain posters do.

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Argonauts est.1873 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:50 am

It won't take long before Bomber fans will be cheering for Vince Dung.
Rescue the sunken 'Good Ship Argonaut' and restore her in 2017, PLEASE!!!!

Stay in Canada, spend in Canada!!!!!
All-Star

by Preisst » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Argonauts est.1873 wrote:It won't take long before Bomber fans will be cheering for Vince Dung.

And everybody Wang Chung tonight!!!

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

Previous