Cory Chamblin to be named new DC in Toronto

Cory Chamblin to be named new DC in Toronto

by JimmytheGreek » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Wow what is Popp and Trestman thinking? https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/836746541494898688

I know more of CFL news but still this is a real head scratcher to me . I mean I have seen nothing that shows Cory is even an average DC let along one to bring into a situation like this.

All I can say is I feel sorry for the Argos. Oh and the players may want to tell their wives, girlfriends to stay away from the games. :wink:
All-Star

Re: Cory Chamblin to be named new DC in Toronto

by HfxTC » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 am

Chamblin is going to have to work miracles because he's going to be starting 2 or 3 Canadians on that defense and he's going to have to teach a ton of rookies. On a Trestman team the money and ratio will be heavily skewed towards the offense. Too bad the old curmudgeon Stubler wants out, he's a much better "teacher" and that's what Trestman needs.

There is a real shortage of quality defensive coordinators in the league right now. At least for next season Montreal and Ottawa will have a big edge on that side of the ball in the East.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Abendschan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:51 pm

HfxTC wrote:Chamblin is going to have to work miracles because he's going to be starting 2 or 3 Canadians on that defense and he's going to have to teach a ton of rookies. On a Trestman team the money and ratio will be heavily skewed towards the offense. Too bad the old curmudgeon Stubler wants out, he's a much better "teacher" and that's what Trestman needs.

There is a real shortage of quality defensive coordinators in the league right now. At least for next season Montreal and Ottawa will have a big edge on that side of the ball in the East.

Much truth on what is said above. For myself, I could see all Eastern teams finishing a GIVEN SEASON at .500 and better as soon as next season.
Saskatchewan Roughriders - Rider Nation
Los Angeles Rams - Ram Nation in LA
Starter

by depopulationINC » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:53 pm

HfxTC wrote:Chamblin is going to have to work miracles because he's going to be starting 2 or 3 Canadians on that defense and he's going to have to teach a ton of rookies. On a Trestman team the money and ratio will be heavily skewed towards the offense. Too bad the old curmudgeon Stubler wants out, he's a much better "teacher" and that's what Trestman needs.

waiting this late to start the whole hiring process doesn't help. I am wondering if Copeland is on his way out after this mess as it sounds like he may have been largely worked around to get the hiring done.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:Wow what is Popp and Trestman thinking? https://twitter.com/CFL_News/status/836746541494898688

I know more of CFL news but still this is a real head scratcher to me . I mean I have seen nothing that shows Cory is even an average DC let along one to bring into a situation like this.

Excellente observation.

Je me demande aussi ce que Chamblin apporterait de plus que ce qu'on a déjà vu de lui. De la seconde qu'il a chassé Ritchie Hall, sa défensive s'est effondrée. Et on ne peut pas dire qu'il avait fait des miracles à Hamilton non plus. Il faut tout de même remarquer que Trestman a rarement fait de bonnes embauches du côté de la défensive après la constitution de ses entraîneurs de 2008. J'aurais pensé voir Anwar Stewart se retrouver à Toronto, mais je suppose que c'est le coordonnateur de la défensive qui aura le dernier mot. Honnêtement, je me demande s'il ne ferait pas mieux que Chamblin pour ce poste. Anwar est une excellente tête de football.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by PrideLivesHere » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:44 pm

If Chamblin accepts a coaching position, does that mean the Riders do not have to pay his final year owing?

I understand the the Riders have to pay him for 2017. Is this true?

Is there a common process followed or is this negotiated individually for each coach?

Just curious if he comes of the books.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006
Starter

by ianberg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:36 pm

PrideLivesHere wrote:If Chamblin accepts a coaching position, does that mean the Riders do not have to pay his final year owing?

Is there a common process followed or is this negotiated individually for each coach?

Those are all good questions but I don't know the answers. Nevertheless it is interesting to see Chamblin back in the CFL as well as Popp & Trestman reunited. The intrigues and goings-on in this league NEVER fails to fascinate!
Practice Squad

by HfxTC » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by JimmytheGreek » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:10 pm

PrideLivesHere wrote:If Chamblin accepts a coaching position, does that mean the Riders do not have to pay his final year owing?

Too late for that. Him and Taman have been paid out all ready.
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:14 pm

HfxTC wrote:Image

Lol funny but too close to the truth for comfort
All-Star

by HfxTC » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Picture from the BOG in Arizona last week :)
Hall of Famer

by nowhereman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Starter

by GC Bound » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 am

I personally always thought Chamblin was terribly over-rated, and from everything I saw with the Riders.... very ineffective. :cowboy:
Starter

by LeStaf » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:24 pm

GC Bound wrote:I personally always thought Chamblin was terribly over-rated, and from everything I saw with the Riders.... very ineffective. :cowboy:

Ce pourquoi je suis très heureux de cette embauche par Trestman. Je suis cependant surpris que Popp l'ait endossée.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by StormRider1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:38 pm

they can have him, now lets send Jones there with him!!
Veteran