Best retiring?

Best retiring?

by nowhereman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Jamie Nye is speculating that a media event is scheduled to announce Best's retirement :(
http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthre ... -to-retire
Starter

Re: Best retiring?

by JimmytheGreek » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:54 pm

Too bad but not shocking . I figured he was done and don't be surprised if LaBatte doesn't make it through the season either.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:00 am

Yeah, it was pretty clear his return was unlikely a few months ago but became certain with the need for another surgery. Sadly a man who has not worn his heft as well as some...no doubt one of the best in the game when in action and a shame to see him have to hang em up and go through what he is but it lets him focus on his post playing health and get in prime shape for when he walks into the Plazzo in a few years.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Ryan White is going to be a great starter for you guys. Media playing up that he's injury prone but that's a lie. Most of the time save one Popp was hiding him on the IR. He was the steal of free agency IMO.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by Taleback » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:58 pm

What's up with D'michael from Ottawa not signed anywhwere, and more importantly in Sask. Is he not that good? Asking way to much? Just wondering if anyone has any insight on the situation. I'm not real familiar with him, but an experienced Canadian O-Lineman still out there????????
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Taleback wrote:What's up with D'michael from Ottawa not signed anywhwere, and more importantly in Sask. Is he not that good? Asking way to much? Just wondering if anyone has any insight on the situation. I'm not real familiar with him, but an experienced Canadian O-Lineman still out there????????

I have heard what his ask is and he is unlikely to get it.

depopulationINC wrote:Still nothing on Deane...heard this AM what his supposed firm ask (for now) and nobody is biting on it...he is like 15% higher than he is likely going to get....but I don't blame him for swinging for it. still hoping the Riders land him because I am pretty sure Best is done. If they don't then I guess we know what their first round pick is...I was hoping they could go DL. also wish they would bring Hecht back as he did well. Concerned at DB....lots of gaps there letting Bennett go.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:12 pm

HfxTC wrote:Ryan White is going to be a great starter for you guys. Media playing up that he's injury prone but that's a lie. Most of the time save one Popp was hiding him on the IR. He was the steal of free agency IMO.

I for one was fairly happy when they signed him...talked about it a bit in the FA thread. I was not aware that it was a paper cut injury instance...I know he did have a bad one in there somewhere but didn't realize there was stashing along the way....thanks for the heads up on that....the bit of him I have seen I thought he looked pretty good.
All-Star

by PrideLivesHere » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Taleback wrote:What's up with D'michael from Ottawa not signed anywhwere, and more importantly in Sask. Is he not that good? Asking way to much? Just wondering if anyone has any insight on the situation. I'm not real familiar with him, but an experienced Canadian O-Lineman still out there????????

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the update DePop.

I hope we can still get him at a reasonable price.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006
Starter

by nowhereman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm hoping now that the Argos have Trestman as HC that he doesn't snap him up...Trestman likes to have a solid Oline for his QB's.
Starter