Free agency (signed players)

Re: Free agency (signed players)

by nowhereman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:50 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
nowhereman wrote:Bakari Grant and Glenn Love signed

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthre ... Glenn-Love

Personally I won't hit Riderfans...tried it once a few years back and it was far too many hissy fits and fighting....

Love is an ok signing I think...Grant leans towards a move coming IMO...probably Edwards. Was it Edwards who got upset on Twitter after Carter was signed?

I don't contribute...just lurk :D

Couldn't find any negative tweets from Edwards on Carter
Starter

by depopulationINC » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:02 pm

nowhereman wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

Personally I won't hit Riderfans...tried it once a few years back and it was far too many hissy fits and fighting....

Love is an ok signing I think...Grant leans towards a move coming IMO...probably Edwards. Was it Edwards who got upset on Twitter after Carter was signed?

I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure it was Edwards or Collins. It was definitely one of the Rider receivers, but was later deleted. I know Roosevelt gave a 'wtf, chill' kinda replay to it

and no knock on that board...I know it is really good, and has a lot of solid info and contributors...just seems to be a constant bickering and dozens of pages to go through to find only a handful of posts conversing on the actual subject...lots of butting heads.
Last edited by depopulationINC on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:28 pm

nowhereman wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

Chicken. ;) yeah it can get real ugly at times there and as I mentioned the Durant thread was just ugly but there is lots of passion both for good or bad there.

Of course there are pro Jones and anti Jones sides and both can go to the extreme, but they are on top of whatever happens both good and bad with the Riders. So that is a plus if you want to get what is happening with the team as soon as it breaks. The biggest thing is to know what your talking about and if you do comment be prepared to back it up.
All-Star

by nowhereman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:
Chicken. ;) yeah it can get real ugly at times there and as I mentioned the Durant thread was just ugly but there is lots of passion both for good or bad there.

Of course there are pro Jones and anti Jones sides and both can go to the extreme, but they are on top of whatever happens both good and bad with the Riders. So that is a plus if you want to get what is happening with the team as soon as it breaks. The biggest thing is to know what your talking about and if you do comment be prepared to back it up.

Not interested in joining another board...it's fine just lurking and getting extra info
Starter

by JimmytheGreek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:20 pm

Oh I can get it but still it can be pretty fun as well as intense at the same time. The thread of Doubles is just insane, I mean 861 pages 17,206 posts and 562,617 views. Now that is impressive. Hell that one topic has more posts then 4 teams total posts on this board. That does say that the guys do take the team very seriously.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:11 am

JimmytheGreek wrote:Oh I can get it but still it can be pretty fun as well as intense at the same time. The thread of Doubles is just insane, I mean 861 pages 17,206 posts and 562,617 views. Now that is impressive. Hell that one topic has more posts then 4 teams total posts on this board. That does say that the guys do take the team very seriously.

yup...one must also remember that this is not the biggest forum for any team other than perhaps the ticats....super active over there tho for sure.....but 861 pages probably could have been condensed to 20. I know the little bit I spent over there I rather liked some of the conversation...it was great...but then it would consistently get drowned out in off-topic stuff and fighting and sides. that is fine every now and then but it seemed like every thread.
All-Star

by cflisthebest » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:51 am

Rider fans is a mess. It's run by a guy with an agenda who thinks he's some local celebrity.. they all fight and most of the members don't know anything and they are always insulting and belittling anyone who doesn't agree with the boys club.

I wouldn't go back even if I could! When you have morons there insulting a great like Wayne Shaw who I think still writes on it, you know it's gone too far yet the idiot in charge won't ban one of his buddies... :roll:
A Proud member of the Rider Nation!
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:37 pm

It is actually starting to sound like Edwards might be leaving the game in the past. Perhaps reading into it, but Pedersen's blog made a comment about him being out of the equation...really hope that isn't true....maybe his injury was worse than anticipated...

I hope he is back....he might just be the best of the whole lot of them...but it makes the Owens move make more sense
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Drew Tate is now a Red Black . Traded for a 5th round pick in 2018.
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:02 pm

Riders sign DT Zach Minter.
All-Star

by nowhereman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:37 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:Drew Tate is now a Red Black . Traded for a 5th round pick in 2018.

That was pretty cheap
Starter

by JimmytheGreek » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

nowhereman wrote:
JimmytheGreek wrote:Drew Tate is now a Red Black . Traded for a 5th round pick in 2018.

That was pretty cheap

Well bench warmers are pretty cheap. ;)
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 pm

nowhereman wrote:

That was pretty cheap

I thought the Stamps did well for a guy that everyone knew was not going to make his roster bonus day in a couple weeks. I would suspect they realized there was a good chance the Riders would pick him up on waivers to take a look and they would have 2nd dibs on him in waiver right after Toronto...it makes sense they want some experience for a home cup run.

Still think that Gale should have been in camp for the Riders...but I guess if they don't see him as the future then cut ties and move on finding it.

Still nothing on Deane...heard this AM what his supposed firm ask (for now) and nobody is biting on it...he is like 15% higher than he is likely going to get....but I don't blame him for swinging for it. still hoping the Riders land him because I am pretty sure Best is done. If they don't then I guess we know what their first round pick is...I was hoping they could go DL. also wish they would bring Hecht back as he did well. Concerned at DB....lots of gaps there letting Bennett go.
All-Star

by Taleback » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:18 pm

depopulationINC wrote:Still think that Gale should have been in camp for the Riders

That he's not is one the bigger head scratchers for me when trying to figure out some of Jones's moves.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Taleback wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:Still think that Gale should have been in camp for the Riders

That he's not is one the bigger head scratchers for me when trying to figure out some of Jones's moves.

I don't hate it....I mean if you are not sold on him being part of the picture...move on...you insurance plan is Glenn....no need to develop someone else if they don't fit the vision...give that to another couple arms and Glenn can pretty much come in at any time and be serviceable. Letting him go instead of holding onto someone you have no real plans for might also give him a chance to catch on in a system somewhere else that he fits better...because he is not a bad QB IMO...and I respect from a coach

Some of the DBs that they have parted with erk me a bit though...I know Bennett was probably the oldest guy on D and the most or one of the most expensive...so I get that somewhat...but I the depth there at the moment is concerning. There are still a couple guys floating around that might be on the radar and maybe they have landed a gem or 2...but he seemed to be a part of improving the D...he and Hecht came in and things improved.
All-Star

PreviousNext