Free agency (signed players)

Re: Free agency (signed players)

by Taleback » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:38 pm

The Bennet thing also has me needing rogain. Any chance he may come back at a more reasonable salary demand since he's seen no one is lining up for his services right now?
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Taleback wrote:The Bennet thing also has me needing rogain. Any chance he may come back at a more reasonable salary demand since he's seen no one is lining up for his services right now?

that is what I am wondering as well. I know he had a pretty hefty contract. problem is that he is right at that point where most DBs start dropping off...but he seemed fine and I think would have a year more in him. he was not the only DB they parted with that I shook my head at a bit.
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Never saw much in Gale to be honest. He was slow and not the most accurate of passers at all. Beating an Ottawa team that was down to its 3rd string qb and barely at that is not all that impressive. Oh he wasn't Tino terrible but still . I am glad Ottawa got Tate as yeah I could see Jones being stupid enough to go after him. Tate is a flake and Ive heard not very well liked by other players in Calgary. Lol imagine Tate and Carter on the same team? Yeah that would be good for laughs.

Taking a pass on Bennet was stupid but again not surprising by Jones. Sure he was not the cheapest but rarely the better players are,and yes he was one of the best we had in secondary last year. Add that to being shy at DB and again this was not the wisest of moves on Jones part.

As for having Glenn as the "insurance" I will be very surprised if he is not the starter most of the year.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:16 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:Never saw much in Gale to be honest. He was slow and not the most accurate of passers at all. Beating an Ottawa team that was down to its 3rd string qb and barely at that is not all that impressive. Oh he wasn't Tino terrible but still . I am glad Ottawa got Tate as yeah I could see Jones being stupid enough to go after him. Tate is a flake and Ive heard not very well liked by other players in Calgary. Lol imagine Tate and Carter on the same team? Yeah that would be good for laughs.

Taking a pass on Bennet was stupid but again not surprising by Jones. Sure he was not the cheapest but rarely the better players are,and yes he was one of the best we had in secondary last year. Add that to being shy at DB and again this was not the wisest of moves on Jones part.

As for having Glenn as the "insurance" I will be very surprised if he is not the starter most of the year.

I would have put Gainey and Cox ahead of Bennett TBH...and IMO Buddy Jackson was about on par with him when he was around. If what I have heard Bennett was making is true then I totally understand not paying it...the number is pretty surprising for a Huf contract and I would have a darned hard time forking it over as well. If he was 28...maybe...but even then likely not.
All-Star

Previous