Kevin Glenn

Kevin Glenn

by bowl450 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Kevin Glenn signs with the Riders to give the team a veteran presence.
Veteran

Re: Kevin Glenn

by nythril » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Dear God no!!!!!!

This means Franklin or Lulay trades are a no go. 2017 will be a 20 game training camp for the young QB'S we have.

I have lost all hope that Jones has any real plan ...... no disrespect to Kevin Glenn but this is a clear last hope signing to give us someone at QB with experience this season.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Now all he needs to do to complete the insanity is sign Carter and trade for Cato :lol:
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by HfxTC » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 pm

nythril wrote:Dear God no!!!!!!

This means Franklin or Lulay trades are a no go. 2017 will be a 20 game training camp for the young QB'S we have.

I have lost all hope that Jones has any real plan ...... no disrespect to Kevin Glenn but this is a clear last hope signing to give us someone at QB with experience this season.

Glenn had a real hard time last year getting Carter on deep balls.... Just didn't have the arm to make those throws.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by depopulationINC » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:38 pm

I don't mind Glenn as a contingency vet. He did well his last go....and as far as a vet presence to be there but know that the young guys are going to get the looks I think it is an alright move. Wouldn't want him as the starting QB moving forward obviously.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:40 pm

HfxTC wrote:

Glenn had a real hard time last year getting Carter on deep balls.... Just didn't have the arm to make those throws.

his best days are definitely behind him....no doubt there.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Not really. Assuming there is no or little cash on the table for inking all it does is give a micron of leverage in a potential trade because they can say "we have a mentor, so our need is reduced"...not much lol...but some.

Lets say that they had managed to pick up Adams like they tried in the trade....or that they were to land Franklin or something....darned likely Glenn or some other vet is still brought in. He and LeFevour would be the only 2 names of real interest to fill that role...so I don't mind this at all.
Last edited by depopulationINC on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by StormRider1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:58 pm

LOL, well I kinda called it!! ok for the interm, but we need to find our future QB!! also need to fix that o line it's as leaky as swiss cheese
Veteran

by JimmytheGreek » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:38 pm

No disrespect to Glenn as he is a trooper but Behold the great Jones plan!!! Glenn is probably the best option left of the vets but wow I sure hope he is starting a great running regiment as he probably will need it. Oh I'm sure he will see his fair share of action with what else we have.

Good luck Glenn and may God have mercy on your soul.
All-Star

by sparkyjay » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:52 am

is he volunteering his time or are they actually paying him??? or maybe his goal is to play for every team in the CFL two or more times??
Starter

by LeStaf » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:34 am

depopulationINC wrote:I don't mind Glenn as a contingency vet. He did well his last go....and as far as a vet presence to be there but know that the young guys are going to get the looks I think it is an alright move. Wouldn't want him as the starting QB moving forward obviously.

Je me disais la même chose l'an passé et le plan n'a pas fonctionné à Montréal. Glenn a perdu quelques parties à lui seul et les Alouettes n'ont pas été beaucoup pires sans lui qu'avec lui.

Pour que Glenn ait du succès, il lui faudra une ligne offensive de premier plan et d'excellents receveurs. Glenn a perdu à la fois de la puissance et de la précision. Et on pouvait s'interroger sérieusement sur certaines de ses décisions de jeu l'an dernier. Est-ce que l'argent libéré dans la transition de Durant à Glenn permettrait d'embaucher Josh Bourke pour une saison? Ça serait peut-être une solution temporaire pour reconstruire la ligne offensive, qui a autant peiné la saison passée que celle des Alouettes. Chose certaine, j'ai de la difficulté à voir Glenn diriger avec beaucoup de succès le genre d'attaque que McAdoo aime déployer. Son manque de mobilité enlève beaucoup d'options dans le style de McAdoo et ça ne rendra pas les choses plus faciles pour son équipe.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by cheater » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Interesting stat. Glen 81-72-1 Durant 58-54-1
Rookie

by HfxTC » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:42 pm

cheater wrote:Interesting stat. Glen 81-72-1 Durant 58-54-1

Glenn is underrated. I was very hopeful for him last season but it didn't go well and I see the exact same hurdles in Saskatchewan as he faced in Montreal with a poor Oline and an offense he can't run.

Having said that you might want to compare their playoff records.
Hall of Famer

by cheater » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Neither of them have overly impressive stats and both are past their best before date. The difference is one is expected to lead their team to the play offs and is being paid at least twice as much as the one who is going to be a back up. I believe Durant is the better of the two but only marginally. The Riders are building for the future and Glenn will except his roll on the team. I have always been a Durant fan and wish him well but we are rebuilding and Glenn is the better choice for what we need and money wise.
Rookie

by Taleback » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Wow, go away for a couple weeks and all hell breaks loose. It's taken a couple days to read everything on here from the last 14 days, but at the end of the day, why is anyone surprised or overly pis sed at what went down? Many predicted this exact scenario a month ago. Glenn replaces Durant, and with the recievers the Riders are going to have, who better to throw them darts than Glenn. The difference between the two is very negligable IMO. Glenn is a much better passer, way quicker with his release, and a better understanding of the game and the need for quick "read and react", thus a someone less need for instant
O- Line dramatic improvement than Durant would need to be successfull. Durant is a better runner, and because of his lack of quick read ability probably a better "schoolyard player", and have to give him the younger thing by default. Riders will be fine with this switch, as Jones is searching for the replacement no matter which of the two are on board for his vision. I don't see this as much of a downgrade at all. Yeh Yeh 37 years old to 34 years old, they're both done in a couple years anyway. The next one is going to have to be found soon no matter who is there between the two and I see Glenn as a much more willing and probably capable mentor to the next one. Plus probably a couple hundred cheaper, brilliant move for Jones, again IMO. I still question a lot of his stuff, but I don't think the sky has fallen on the 2017 Riders with all this going down.
All-Star

Next