Kevin Glenn

Re: Kevin Glenn

by JimmytheGreek » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 am

Lol yes Glenn is as good as Durant except he is notorious for throwing the pick at the worse time and when it comes to playoffs? Forget it. Darian blows Glenn out of the water. But hey they are both the same. :roll:
All-Star

by Lerminx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:26 am

Count me on the side of those like "Taleback." Despite being a fan of DD, and very appreciative of his heroics in the Western Final a few years back, I do not believe there will be any significant drop in performance at the QB position with Glenn replacing DD, and concur that Glenn's style may be better for us with a revamping of the OL....not to mention what I can only presume to be many $$$ saved (which may give us opportunity to sign our next franchise QB)? The reality is, we are going into year 2 of a rebuild (a huge rebuild), so chances of this team lighting it up remain slim. I like what Jones is putting together, and I do believe that come year three of his tenure, we are going to see it all come together. Given the mess left by the previous regime, the negativity repeatedly spewed on here towards Jones really is backwards. As if people were happy to continue to be a lame duck franchise.
Rookie

by depopulationINC » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:15 am

I don't agree that there is not much drop-off between DD and Glenn...but it is all relative I do agree. He does not seem to have the long-ball he once did but his release is still way way ahead of DD. A couple years back a lot of people stated that it put him more likely ahead of Durant through camp...then we saw him come in an it seemed to be very true as his quick release was way more suited for the O being run. Gotta say that people likely were not wrong, DD has come lightyears in that aspect of his game but it is still not his strength. DDs legs and his willingness to hold onto the ball are what have made him special...willing to take that hit makes him dangerous on that deep ball but has also been a factor in being banged up some. Meanwhile Glenn seems to have started his decline...but he does not appear to be one that hits a cliff but a slope instead...DD seems to be holding pretty steady overall...worse in some aspect by improving in others. Glenn's timely interceptions have definitely plagued him...the quick release is great but clearly it has cost him at times. I think the ironic thing is that Glenn probably should have a Cup by now from 2007. Dollars and cents building towards the future I think this has a lot of benefit. There are still eyeballs on a few QBs and this makes room for this (I know of 4 that they are interested in not presently in the CFL, 2 of them I rather like...there is an additional contender from the 3 I stated a bit back). I still want to see what Waters can bring to the table...I know I have brought him up a lot but I think he has potential....needs some serious work on some of his mechanics but he seems to have all of the tools for the CFL
All-Star

by LeStaf » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Sauf que tout le monde sait maintenant comment déranger Glenn et lui faire faire des erreurs. Sans une ligne offensive de premier plan (ce qu'il avait à Calgary et en 2007, et qui explique une bonne partie des résultats de victoires-défaits de ses équipes en carrière), les faiblesses de Glenn vont faire mal.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:04 pm

Hey don't get me wrong I like Glenn but I'm afraid with what we have currently for qb's that he won't be the "insurance policy " but will be announced on opening day as the starter. That concerns me. I would rather Glenn then Ray but honestly does either one instill confidence if they are indeed the starter that this is a good plan?
All-Star

by Lerminx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:20 pm

To clarify my previous post....The approach I'm taking to this upcoming season, is that it is year two of the rebuild, and will be used to, (although be competitive) primarily to solidify the foundation for year three. To me that means filling some of the big vacancies....the QB Posn being one of them. I think Glenn is a more ideal candidate to act as mentor to whomever is the next "franchise QB", more accepting of the role, and more cost effective. I'm looking forward to seeing whom our next franchise QB will be...not convinced he is on the roster yet but would be happy to be wrong on that.
Rookie

by StormRider1 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:20 pm

The one thing I see that makes Glenn better suited this season is the swiss cheese O-line, He does have a way quicker release than DD, he will play his heart out as he always does, but he is not our answer, short term maybe, gonna miss DD and wish him the best, All this talk on Franklin, well lets say he is still untested, not long ago, many thought Willy was the answer in the Peg!! We know how that worked out, to go and pay piles to get Franklin whom has yet to prove himself, is crazy, but then Jones is Crazy. I can see Rosey Traded for Franklin, besides he was here before Jones, and Jones seems to want to wipe that team out completely. Not many left a year later is there.... JMO
Veteran

by bowl450 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 pm

IMO Kevin Glenn will not be starting to many games for the Riders this season, quite possibly his only start will be the 1st game in the new stadium ?
yes Jones said that there will be an open competition for the starting position but, my interpretation after listing to Jones interview on Glenn, is that he is here to be first and foremost a mentor and on field coach to help the team develop the young'uns whoever they may be.
Veteran

by Taleback » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:39 pm

The way I see it, Glenn gives the team a chance to score 30 a game with his knowledge and skillset. Sure he may give back 7 - 10 a game with untimely picks but they're still plus 20. A rookie, learning the CFL, would be doing good to put up 25 a game for his first dozen games and then there is the give back which would probably be at least what Glenn gives back. I'm happy he's here, to keep things afloat at least. Mcadoo has to build him a playbook that he can do his thing with and Jones needs a Defence that can keep the opponents around 20 a game. Since that is his specialty, and with the talent that's in camp, that should be attainable.
All-Star

by Preisst » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:35 pm

I have always been a fan of Glenn as a football player and still am. I don't mind us getting him for his CFL experience BUT to suggest he is not a downgrade from Durant is a bit naive.
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by Taleback » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:43 pm

I see Glenn being a much better passer and reader of defences than Durant, but not even close to the running ability of Durant. So how that all shakes out will be what tells the tale for 2017. Most of Durants last 8 or 9 wins were on the strength of his legs and resurecting plays that were broken because of not seeing and finding that open reciever before the run became the only way out. But that run ability was a game winner to be sure.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:46 am

Taleback wrote:I see Glenn being a much better passer and reader of defences than Durant, but not even close to the running ability of Durant. So how that all shakes out will be what tells the tale for 2017. Most of Durants last 8 or 9 wins were on the strength of his legs and resurecting plays that were broken because of not seeing and finding that open reciever before the run became the only way out. But that run ability was a game winner to be sure.

I think where Glenn > than Durant is his short passing game and quick releases...even though Durant has grown by massive leaps in the past season in that area (which is impressive)

I will add that a Durant strength over Glenn is arm strength as well, unless Glenn put a lot of work into off-season conditioning this year, because it was definitely slipping last season. When it comes to quick hitting offenses Glenn is better that Durant. No doubt Durant is a rare player who can put a team on his back and will them forward at times....that is what I will miss about him. Everything I have heard and read about Waters said he was the same in that regard...wish he was sticking around.
All-Star

by Preisst » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Well in another thread there is an omnipotent poster who "knows" that the Blue Bombers would have won the GC in 07 with Glenn in the lineup so perhaps we're guaranteed to win it this year now that we have Glenn?
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!
Starter

by JimmytheGreek » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:29 am

Preisst wrote:Well in another thread there is an omnipotent poster who "knows" that the Blue Bombers would have won the GC in 07 with Glenn in the lineup so perhaps we're guaranteed to win it this year now that we have Glenn?

Umm so what happened the last time he was here? Still Glenn is the best option we have as of now. Whee this should be fun.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:05 am

JimmytheGreek wrote:
Preisst wrote:Well in another thread there is an omnipotent poster who "knows" that the Blue Bombers would have won the GC in 07 with Glenn in the lineup so perhaps we're guaranteed to win it this year now that we have Glenn?

Umm so what happened the last time he was here? Still Glenn is the best option we have as of now. Whee this should be fun.

Last time Glenn was here he put up outstanding numbers but had one of the worst defences imaginable as support. He led the league in several stats prior to going out
Last edited by depopulationINC on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

PreviousNext