No news

Re: No news

by JimmytheGreek » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:53 pm

.. fair enough I guess but I can't wait for all the spin if things do go south because of the lack of offense.
All-Star

by bowl450 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:13 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
I look at Lulay walking into the starting spot with BC...nominal experience, immediate success
Bo... walking into the starting spot with the Stamps...nominal experience, immediate success
Reilly... walking into the starting spot with Esks...nominal experience, immediate success
Guys coming in and getting the reps and starting out above the curve happens....people are saying there is no proven vet so there is no hope...it is simply not true. Don't get me wrong...I would still rather have DD (I still wouldn't have given him 200k though)....but I also see there is not yet a reason to say the team failed filling the spot because the season has not even started. We are likely going to see a young QB open the season...if he starts respectably it is a good sign for the future on what is already a pretty young team.

I am not overly concerned with who starts at QB,
I am really concerned about out O-Line ?
Lulay, Bo Levi and Reilly all had above average O-Lines to play behind when they were presented with their opportunity to become starters ?
hopefully we can address the O-Line issues and give whoever our QB may be a legitimate opportunity to succeed because if we don't, then it doesn't mater who is behind the centre ?
My moto,
protect your QB at all costs and put the fear of God in theirs.
if you can do this then you will win the majority of the games that you play
Veteran

by ed ohmnes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:05 pm

I kind of thought gale looked alright when he played , considering the o line. What I would like to know is how Jeremy oday , really feels about what has gone on here lately. 1.25 million . And a middle of the pack paid q.b. In the cfl .?
Starter

by depopulationINC » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 am

bowl450 wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:
I look at Lulay walking into the starting spot with BC...nominal experience, immediate success
Bo... walking into the starting spot with the Stamps...nominal experience, immediate success
Reilly... walking into the starting spot with Esks...nominal experience, immediate success
Guys coming in and getting the reps and starting out above the curve happens....people are saying there is no proven vet so there is no hope...it is simply not true. Don't get me wrong...I would still rather have DD (I still wouldn't have given him 200k though)....but I also see there is not yet a reason to say the team failed filling the spot because the season has not even started. We are likely going to see a young QB open the season...if he starts respectably it is a good sign for the future on what is already a pretty young team.

I am not overly concerned with who starts at QB,
I am really concerned about out O-Line ?
Lulay, Bo Levi and Reilly all had above average O-Lines to play behind when they were presented with their opportunity to become starters ?
hopefully we can address the O-Line issues and give whoever our QB may be a legitimate opportunity to succeed because if we don't, then it doesn't mater who is behind the centre ?
My moto,
protect your QB at all costs and put the fear of God in theirs.
if you can do this then you will win the majority of the games that you play

yup...Oline needs to be much better...no question. hoping Labatte is back to form and that the new lad works out at LT. that would shore things up a lot.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:42 am

ed ohmnes wrote:I kind of thought gale looked alright when he played , considering the o line. What I would like to know is how Jeremy oday , really feels about what has gone on here lately. 1.25 million . And a middle of the pack paid q.b. In the cfl .?

1.25/3 = 417k/season...so yes.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:01 am

Wouldn't be surprised to see the o line get traded yet to, some of them are part of the old team to.
Starter

by depopulationINC » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:37 am

ed ohmnes wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see the o line get traded yet to, some of them are part of the old team to.

seems "legit" since one was extended during the season
one is questionable on return
one I personally wouldn't mind seeing traded.
they just extended Crapinga to...figure he is gone? Likely Bagg to?
All-Star

by nowhereman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:21 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
ed ohmnes wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see the o line get traded yet to, some of them are part of the old team to.

/sarcasm
Starter

by depopulationINC » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:31 pm

nowhereman wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

/sarcasm

:D

you sure?
All-Star

by nowhereman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:26 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
nowhereman wrote:/sarcasm

:D

you sure?

LOL :lol:
Starter

by ed ohmnes » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Any rider news lately, sure is dead around here, not like it usually is,
Starter

by nowhereman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:22 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:Any rider news lately, sure is dead around here, not like it usually is,

Patience Grasshopper, minicamps are coming :wink:
Starter

by depopulationINC » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm

been a pretty busy off-season actually...posting is just dead. Been some really good coverage on some players lately....I really liked the stories on JSJ. The special permission for the Esks to interview O'Day. Not much was said here about the CFL week but it was fabulous....I could have written a huge post on that I guess...there was a plethora of stuff to talk about on that. Lots to talk about with the Draft coming up and prospects. I know I did a bit of a draft breakdown for an article elsewhere which was really fun....looked at some local guys, looked at some guys that should be nice assets, looked at several darkhoarses (IMO) of the draft...some that I think can be picked up post draft. Not much has been said on the FA pickups...Steele could be a big pickup, White is a guy who could be a starter on the OL. Lost a LB coach for personal reasons as he headed out east to the Cats. Hus is back and apparently healthy...what is the insurance plan there? Bartel extended...I think he shocked most last year after a bad taste from his previous stay. I am tentatively swinging by the minicamp again this year...I will try to put something up if I do.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Tue May 23, 2017 8:02 am

Kind of interesting to see that jones is possibly responsible for getting rid of Carm. I thought carteri did a great job. I don't think we need another rider cheerleader in there . I thought carm told the truth. Durant, dressler , chick. Even stooping as low as to push a radio announcer out, Can we get rid of Reynolds and jones. Myself, I would prefer to start over with different people running the club. Not someone getting fined every spring and waisting our money on retirings and fines.
Starter

by Abendschan » Tue May 23, 2017 12:44 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:Kind of interesting to see that jones is possibly responsible for getting rid of Carm. I thought carteri did a great job. I don't think we need another rider cheerleader in there. I thought carm told the truth. Durant, dressler, chick. Even stooping as low as to push a radio announcer out, Can we get rid of Reynolds and jones. Myself, I would prefer to start over with different people running the club. Not someone getting fined every spring and waisting our money on retirings and fines.

The way I'm looking at things Eddie is given the Riders have a decent traing camp, limited injuries, learn/play smart, then go into and come out of Montreal with an interesting win in week one.
Last edited by Abendschan on Tue May 23, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saskatchewan Roughriders - Rider Nation
Los Angeles Rams - Ram Nation in LA
Rookie

PreviousNext