Lions at Riders, Good-bye Mosaic!!

Lions at Riders, Good-bye Mosaic!!

by StormRider1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:12 pm

I can only hope we end today on a win, not for the Riders, fans or league, but for the history this old field that has brought so many memories to so many people. Is it time to move on, yah it was in need of great repair, and yes the new Mosaic will be so grand. Yet can't help feel a loss of a great place for so many!!

Go Riders GO! :rockin: :thup: :thup: :thup:
Veteran

Re: Lions at Riders, Good-bye Mosaic!!

by nythril » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:17 pm

Not sure I agree with flipping QB's each new set of downs.

Don't understand Wallys challenge at all ..... The ref did in my opinion blow the play dead too soon but once the whistle goes the play is dead ....

And the last challenge lost by Jones is a head scratcher .... in the Winnipeg game they permitted the bombers to challenge contact away from the play and in fact it was a game changer. In this game they reverse that principle. Not that it matters to this game but the CFL needs to be consistent and stop flip flopping on how they interpret the rules. In the Winnipeg game the TSN crew were cheering the challenge - tonight they said that contact away from the play shouldn't be review able ( although they said Jones was right in challenging as it is within the rules ).

I would like to see the rules change to only be able to challenge contact on a receiver that the ball is thrown too .... this scanning the entire field of play for something to challenge is not the intended result of video replay in my opinion
All-Star

by nowhereman » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:18 pm

Now command centre is making it up as they go along with IC. Never mattered before when it was called on the opposite side of the field not remotely involved in the play, now they ignore it when the QB is encircled before the play is whistled dead :x These challenges are a colossal waste of time.
Starter

by nythril » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:23 pm

[quote="nowhereman"]Now command centre is making it up as they go along with IC. Never mattered before when it was called on the opposite side of the field not remotely involved in the play, now they ignore it when the QB is encircled before the play is whistled dead :x These challenges are a colossal waste of time.[/quote]

The only way thats' correct is if the whistle had gone before the contact - on replay it shows the contact a few seconds before he was in the grasp..... Like I said it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things but they need to pick a rule - make it clear and stick with it .... currently PI and contact challenges are a crap shoot and a forever moving target ( interpretation ). That is league wide - not just one or 2 teams
All-Star

by nowhereman » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:34 pm

nythril wrote:The only way thats' correct is if the whistle had gone before the contact - on replay it shows the contact a few seconds before he was in the grasp..... Like I said it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things but they need to pick a rule - make it clear and stick with it .... currently PI and contact challenges are a crap shoot and a forever moving target ( interpretation ). That is league wide - not just one or 2 teams

The IC came on first contact with Durant, so whistle hadn't gone. They're basically saying he couldn't have made the pass, but the previous wide side calls away from the play didn't get the same reasoning earlier in the season...making it up as we go along :?
Starter

by nythril » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Boo birds out at Mosiac ..... been a rough year :(
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:28 am

nythril wrote:Boo birds out at Mosiac ..... been a rough year :(

Yeah not a good way to send off the old girl.

The team effort in this one was just as bad as it was in Montreal and that is not excusable. Jones playing yo yo with the qb's ? WTF was that about? I mean sure I get we want to see what the other guys have but in this game you decide to do it? Freaken embarrassing.

The Oline is a complete train wreck and is going to get any qb seriously hurt. Waters took a vicious hit thanks to their performance and Darian was just receiving the snap and had linemen in his grill when he was in. Trading Fulton was a huge mistake as he was the only one that gave Darian any time before. Now he is gone and it is like watching a Junior high school team lining up against professionals. Any effort by the Lion's Dline and they could get to the qb as if no one was in front of them.

Once again the D line could not stop the run or get pressure on Jennings. Forget the 3 man front until you have the players to utilize it. Use the 4 man front and at least try and accomplish either getting pressure or stop the run, this Dline simply is too small to even think about using a 3 man front.

IF this is the line up they plan on going to BC with they may as well save the expense and embarrassment and forfeit the game and stay home.

Really sucks that this could be the last time Darian plays a home game as a Rider and he doesn't even get to play in one they had any hope of being competitive in let alone winning.

For a guy that always wants to win Jones sure didn't have a game plan that gave the team any chance of being successful. What a joke.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:17 am

Yes, I agree, that was just embarrassing, what a way to end the season here, after 17 games we have no online, defence can't stop anyone, and special teams gave up constant big returns. This is not rider football. Sad way to end the stadium game.
Starter

by StormRider1 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:24 am

Jimmy yah you summed it up about right.

What's needed next season .. that needs fixing.

A complete new D line, LB core is good, backfield... Gainey and Cox the rest.. so so!! So much for Jones D still a joke!

On the O, Need some linemen, DD does not need to spend his time on the turf let alone, running for his life!! Nice job Corky... yah traded Fulton.. yah Putts.

The back field may be the only bright spot... but wait, we had a great O backfield last year that yah let go... This team is still in no way in contention for a play off spot next season, I understand it was a re-build year, but with what maybe 10 players left from last season, this was a gut job not a rebuild. I expect better things over the off season.

They had better re-sign Doubles yesterday, and not let this drag much longer, then sign Naamen. I said they'd win maybe 3 games they won 5, I was not far off.

1- who cares game left, means nothing , he can play all his want to see flunkys next week. Outcome will be the same as last 2 weeks. Never wanted Corky here, still don't!!
Veteran