Montreal at Riders

Re: Montreal at Riders

by depopulationINC » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:17 pm

StormRider1 wrote:I also noticed just now, that DD had a Helmet hit on his TD, never got called

I felt he brought some of that on himself. I am not a fan of it being called with you are in motion outside of the pocket...though the last play of the game 100% should have been a flag.
All-Star

by nythril » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:10 am

any word on McKnight? if he is still having any symptoms 72 hours after contact it must be a bad concussion. I am hoping the injury keeping him from practicing is not related to that last hit. Anyone in Regina know more?
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:14 pm

nythril wrote:any word on McKnight? if he is still having any symptoms 72 hours after contact it must be a bad concussion. I am hoping the injury keeping him from practicing is not related to that last hit. Anyone in Regina know more?

He did some practice today (not full)....so should see tomorrow. Saying he is probable. Guessing it was a mild stress test on him today
All-Star

by nythril » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:40 am

The Al posters here are adamant that the hit was on his chest ..... have the Riders confirmed it is concussion related? If it is - it would be medical history as the first concussion from a chest hit. :roll:

I hope he is ok though. He is the best of the running backs we have had since messam was traded.
All-Star

by JimmytheGreek » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Funny now the league fines Veneble 1000k for the hit. https://twitter.com/rodpedersen/status/791762973219880961

For this being the second time Veneble has been nailed on this same kind of hit this year he should have also gotten a suspension. Earlier in the season he got tagged for a hit to Jennings again using the helmet first.
http://3downnation.com/2016/10/27/winston-venable-fined-hit-shouldve-given-riders-chance-victory/

For all the league's chest pounding about trying to eliminate these kind of dangerous hits here they have the perfect opportunity to step up and back their words, instead they ***** out. Big surprise.
All-Star

by ridersordie » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:44 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:Funny now the league fines Veneble 1000k for the hit. https://twitter.com/rodpedersen/status/791762973219880961

For this being the second time Veneble has been nailed on this same kind of hit this year he should have also gotten a suspension. Earlier in the season he got tagged for a hit to Jennings again using the helmet first.
http://3downnation.com/2016/10/27/winston-venable-fined-hit-shouldve-given-riders-chance-victory/

For all the league's chest pounding about trying to eliminate these kind of dangerous hits here they have the perfect opportunity to step up and back their words, instead they ***** out. Big surprise.

Quoted for truth!!
Rookie

by ed ohmnes » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:22 am

This will be an interesting game in 2017, then we'll see who is sitting in a better position to go to the grey cup. Following calgary's model may not always be the right thing to do, you need a quite.b. With that killer instinct, Calgary fell flat on their faces last year where as durant has that instinct to put the team on his back and go that extra mile to win a game . Especially the grey cup. And after losing twice to Montreal , was great experience, I see him doing some damage with calvillo as his q.b. Coach.
Starter

Previous