On a positive note

Re: On a positive note

by PrideLivesHere » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:28 pm

I am really impressed with the new stadium.

Really, really impressed.

Now I just need to find out where my seats will be in the new stadium.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006
Starter

by bowl450 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Brendon Labatte signs contract extension,
this is good news as it was previously reported that his season ending injury could also
be career ending.
Veteran

by JimmytheGreek » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Well we also just signed Muamba. As long as they didn't over pay then this should be a good thing.
All-Star

by GC Bound » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:11 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:Well we also just signed Muamba. As long as they didn't over pay then this should be a good thing.

I think the last '3' signings are tremendous for not only the remainder of the season, which unfortunately will come to soon but also sets up next season greatly :cowboy:
Starter

by Roscoe Baggins » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:14 pm

GC Bound wrote:
JimmytheGreek wrote:Well we also just signed Muamba. As long as they didn't over pay then this should be a good thing.

I think the last '3' signings are tremendous for not only the remainder of the season, which unfortunately will come to soon but also sets up next season greatly :cowboy:

Fuller is signed through to the end of this season. That's it.
Rookie

by ed ohmnes » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:04 am

Yes, well I'm sure they can replace him if he moves on, we still have Roosevelt , could even look at another Canadian possibly at that spot?
Starter

by nowhereman » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:53 am

Grover wrote:gary lawlessVerified account
‏@garylawless
some Henoc Muamba contract details with @sskroughriders - base around $150 k, bonuses could get him to north of $200 k

Not sure what you'd consider overpaid :o
Starter

by Roscoe Baggins » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:34 am

ed ohmnes wrote:Yes, well I'm sure they can replace him if he moves on, we still have Roosevelt , could even look at another Canadian possibly at that spot?

There is no guarantee Roosevelt will stick around. With all these big name signings, the cash flow in Riderville must be slowed to a trickle, which is not good news for Durant. If he leaves, who do the Riders replace him with? Some raw rookie? Put yourself in Roosevelt's shoes for a minute. Who would you rather have throwing to you, a raw rookie or an established veteran? A lot of contacts now days are incentive heavy, so it wouldn't be much of a choice IMHO. I realize I limited your choices to replace Durant should he decide to leave. Given the choices of QB's who might be available via trade or free agency, a rookie might not be a bad way to go. There has been speculation about signing Franklin in Regina, but I believe Hervey has plans for Franklin's future in Edmonton. Time will tell I guess.
Rookie

by StormRider1 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:03 pm

Roscoe Baggins wrote:
ed ohmnes wrote:Yes, well I'm sure they can replace him if he moves on, we still have Roosevelt , could even look at another Canadian possibly at that spot?

There is no guarantee Roosevelt will stick around. With all these big name signings, the cash flow in Riderville must be slowed to a trickle, which is not good news for Durant. If he leaves, who do the Riders replace him with? Some raw rookie? Put yourself in Roosevelt's shoes for a minute. Who would you rather have throwing to you, a raw rookie or an established veteran? A lot of contacts now days are incentive heavy, so it wouldn't be much of a choice IMHO. I realize I limited your choices to replace Durant should he decide to leave. Given the choices of QB's who might be available via trade or free agency, a rookie might not be a bad way to go. There has been speculation about signing Franklin in Regina, but I believe Hervey has plans for Franklin's future in Edmonton. Time will tell I guess.

I agree, if DD stays so does Naaman, If DD goes, Naaman will also go!
Veteran

by Linden53 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:42 pm

2 wins in a row at home - compliment that with a win in Ottawa, yet in Toronto is huge :thup:
Going to miss Fulton, but still cheer for him in Hamilton. 2017 got more fun.
Veteran

Previous