Durant for ?????

Re: Durant for ?????

by patcarm » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 pm

300 posts on my original post. Sure stirred up some great discussion. Thanks to all who weighed in. I found the post trade discussion really enlightening as many of you came at it from the business angle. And let's face, it was a business decision. DD's tenure is behind us now and we have to look ahead.
Starter

by JimmytheGreek » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Lol that is a drop in the bucket. Now this is a pot stirred to a lather. http://www.riderfans.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?4-Main-Discussion/page3&order=desc 17,217 posts and 861 pages on the topic. Trust me it got ugly plenty of times too and I doubt it is over with. ;)
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:10 am

No no it's not over, this is just getting started, we'll see where we are at labour day , then we'll see if this discussion returns again or not.
Starter

by ed ohmnes » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:43 am

Although carter is a good player , I doubt that his antics will survive here in riderville, jones seems to be grabbing at straws , carter will be under scrutiny all the time. I think this is just wasted money. But that's my opinion. I hope I'm wrong
Starter

by depopulationINC » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:48 am

ed ohmnes wrote:Although carter is a good player , I doubt that his antics will survive here in riderville, jones seems to be grabbing at straws , carter will be under scrutiny all the time. I think this is just wasted money. But that's my opinion. I hope I'm wrong

good chance you are right...assuming he does sign
wasted money....I don't really agree. It is all risk vs reward. It is a nominal risk with no guaranteed money and nothing but reward if he does have his head on straight at that price. If they were looking to ink him with anything approaching his last contract or anything more than a token signing bonus then I would say it is stupid. If it translates to moving out one of their good receivers on the roster already then yeah...bad risk...if it translates to rolling the dice on him and moving out a depth guy already on the roster...great.

I have serious concerns that Carter will not work out...but when I look at that risk vs the investment going in...yeah...it balances.

I just don't believe that he can be kept level...but if it works out then it is a huge win...if not then they part ways and they put the money elsewhere.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:50 am

What about durant replacement ? I find it quite curious now that Vince young is holding out . You would think he would just rump at an opportunity , when no other existed, but maybe he's having second thoughts.
Starter

by LeStaf » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Il semblerait que ce sera Vince Young. Ça me fait penser un peu à Troy Smith ou Nocatcho Johnson à Montréal.

Honnêtement, un quart-arrière de 34 ans qui n'a pas joué chez les professionnels depuis 6 ans, qui n'a jamais joué un essai dans le football canadien? Un coup de pub à la Jim Popp, et c'est de bonne guerre, mais je demeure très sceptique sur le résultat final.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:53 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:What about durant replacement ? I find it quite curious now that Vince young is holding out . You would think he would just rump at an opportunity , when no other existed, but maybe he's having second thoughts.

He is likely scoffing at the money being offered...he has a good gig going so it is a big deal for him to try to give it one last go.
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:48 pm

He's most likely trying to see if he can play, maybe to get back to the NFL, or just to see if he can play period.
Starter

by depopulationINC » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:12 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:He's most likely trying to see if he can play, maybe to get back to the NFL, or just to see if he can play period.

No, he wants a contract. it is supposed to be done one way or another within about a week. No doubt he wants a signing bonus...which he better not get or if he does better be like 5k. He has also reportedly (via Rod Pederson IIRC) been commenting that he will be 'starting for the Roughriders' this year...so he seems to want to come play but seems to also think he would automatically be starting. I don't get the interest....I mean I can't see them having both he and Glenn on the roster...though perhaps one gets turftoe
All-Star

by nowhereman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Lawless sounding like it's a done deal
http://www.tsn.ca/vince-young-signing-w ... s-1.691042
Starter

by depopulationINC » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:31 pm

nowhereman wrote:Lawless sounding like it's a done deal
http://www.tsn.ca/vince-young-signing-w ... s-1.691042

this one is a true head scratcher...I mean if he lights it up great...but I don't get it

also for the record...and I have said it before...I don't hate the prospect of Young I just don't love it. If he can return to form and get his head around the CFL he is a potential game changing QB on the cheap...if not they part ways with little into it.

I also love that Kevin G fired a shot back at BLM on this already...if nothing else this is extreme motivation for Glen to push himself in off-season prep
All-Star

by ed ohmnes » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Glen is ok but we need a better , younger player in there to learn, we shouldn't be wasting all this time on older quarterbacks. I thought that's why he got rid of durant.
Starter

by StormRider1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:57 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:Glen is ok but we need a better , younger player in there to learn, we shouldn't be wasting all this time on older quarterbacks. I thought that's why he got rid of durant.

It was a big mistake losing DD, he is in his prime right now as a QB, but that's water under the bridge, we need to find the next starter!!
Veteran

by ed ohmnes » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:56 pm

I couldn't agree with you more, to bad they hired jones , he's really left a bad taste in my mouth about the whole organization.
Starter

PreviousNext