Durant for ?????

Re: Durant for ?????

by ed ohmnes » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:57 am

Nice to see darian in town again, sounds like he still misses it here, to to bad.
Starter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Durant for ?????

by LeStaf » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:50 am

ed ohmnes wrote:Nice to see darian in town again, sounds like he still misses it here, to to bad.


Aucun doute. Si ce n'avait été de la façon dont Jones a voulu lui jouer dans la tête, il serait certainement resté à Regina.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star
 
Posts: 5567
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

Re: Durant for ?????

by HfxTC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:34 am

ed ohmnes wrote:Nice to see darian in town again, sounds like he still misses it here, to to bad.


Seems like a very emotional guy. I can see why him and Jones didn't mesh.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 34784
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: Halifax

Re: Durant for ?????

by depopulationINC » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:56 pm

HfxTC wrote:
ed ohmnes wrote:Nice to see darian in town again, sounds like he still misses it here, to to bad.


Seems like a very emotional guy. I can see why him and Jones didn't mesh.


I've said it on hear before...he is a heart on sleeve guy. I know I said it might be a bad idea negotiating with him during the season because of it. Turns out it was likely true. He and Jones got along pretty well until the last month of the season...more precisely with about 2.5 weeks left.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Durant for ?????

by ed ohmnes » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Perhaps when this regime is gone durant, chick and dressler can get back here to finish their careers where they should be, and retire riders . That would be the right thing to do.
Starter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Durant for ?????

by depopulationINC » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:02 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:Perhaps when this regime is gone durant, chick and dressler can get back here to finish their careers where they should be, and retire riders . That would be the right thing to do.


Maybe they can get George Reed in there to? Is Bobby J a better example? If you would rather move on from Jefferson for Chick at this point in careers you are a fool. If you would rather have Dressler over Holley and Roosevelt you are blind. This crap is why the Riders have 4 grey cups...holding onto too many fan favorites too long. The days of teams doing that died 20 years ago. This team is building for the future...not holding onto what WAS a good team at one time. The Bombers did the same thing and once finally biting the bullet and rebuilding are a much better team than they were a couple years ago. Holding only the past will make painful long term future in sports. That is reality.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Durant for ?????

by ed ohmnes » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Well it was nice to see durant win , tough game to watch, I found myself cheering for both teams, and that was a first.
Starter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Durant for ?????

by JimmytheGreek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:35 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
ed ohmnes wrote:Perhaps when this regime is gone durant, chick and dressler can get back here to finish their careers where they should be, and retire riders . That would be the right thing to do.


Maybe they can get George Reed in there to? Is Bobby J a better example? If you would rather move on from Jefferson for Chick at this point in careers you are a fool. If you would rather have Dressler over Holley and Roosevelt you are blind. This crap is why the Riders have 4 grey cups...holding onto too many fan favorites too long. The days of teams doing that died 20 years ago. This team is building for the future...not holding onto what WAS a good team at one time. The Bombers did the same thing and once finally biting the bullet and rebuilding are a much better team than they were a couple years ago. Holding only the past will make painful long term future in sports. That is reality.


Holy crap this is unreal, I find myself once again agreeing with you, must be a blue moon or something. ;) Seriously though yeah I loved Chick and Dress and have good memories of them in green& white but realistically Rosie, Holly or Dress? No contest I'm afraid at this stage of the game. Holly needs to stay healthy though as he does seem to come up injured or at least nicked up his fair share. Still he has a lot of upside. As for Rosie, well this guy should be the best receiver the Riders have had in a long time. No knock on Weston as he was a warrior for us and yeah the little guy played much bigger then his stature, still Rosie is just physically dominant over Weston and if our qb situation ever get straightened out he will put up nasty numbers. As for Chick, again he was a monster for us for many years and a great guy but again time stands still for no one and I think Tull could be a good one for us too. Younger and just has more upside and the same can be said about Jefferson.

Darian will always be one of the great qb's we have ever had and unless Jones is gone in the next year or two at the latest then no way is Darian coming back. IF he was willing to be a mentor like Glenn is suppose to be this year then perhaps but I don't know even then it would happen. Darian has done himself no favors with what he has been saying publicly since after the season. Now I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to feel he got disrespected by Jones but enough is enough. Zip it and just play ball, let your play do the talking would be the best revenge. Anthony needs to tell him to put an end to this and concentrate on the game instead of how he feels about Jones. If he can't then he may have a short stay in Montreal too. What has happened has happen and right or wrong yipping about it isn't going to change a damn thing so get over it or at least shut up about it and just prove Jones wrong by playing well.

Now would I like to see Chick and Dress and Darian one day sign a one day contract and retire as Riders? No question and it would be a class thing to do. All deserve this kind of respect and be able to retire where they made their names.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: Durant for ?????

by ed ohmnes » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Yes, well they wouldn't have to come back as players they might perhaps get into coaching or just become part of the community as have a few other players in the past, somewhere down the line I guess
Starter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Durant for ?????

by depopulationINC » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:41 pm

ed ohmnes wrote:Yes, well they wouldn't have to come back as players they might perhaps get into coaching or just become part of the community as have a few other players in the past, somewhere down the line I guess


2 of the 3 people you mention ARE active members of the community now and most likely will remain so. the 3rd will likely stay somewhat involved until 2 particular revenue streams dry up. There is only one of those players that I would ever want to see as a coach anywhere.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

Previous

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests