Armanti Edwarrds

Armanti Edwarrds

by depopulationINC » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:44 am

Really excited to see what they try with this guy. at 5-11 he is shorter than they have ought out for a WR, but he is also a respectable receiver and just an overall great athlete who can play a lot of different positions. I know the Panthers were really high on him and traded for him with a plan...he never ended up working out for them, but I think he still has potential given a shot. He had a sensational collegiate career and could actually be a legit contender at QB. You want to talk about mobile QBs...this is it...not many are as mobile as him. Not too often the CFL sees a Walter Peyton award winner...never mind a 2 time winner. This guy is smart and you could line him up at QB, WR, SB, RB, DB, LB...he is just one of those players.

Really interested in watching how this guy progresses and hoping he makes it to training camp.
All-Star

Re: Armanti Edwarrds

by GC Bound » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Agreed, have been reading about this guy and seems his head is in the right place, along with his attitude.
Imagination runs wild thinking of the possibilities here. :cowboy:
Starter

by depopulationINC » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:35 pm

indeed....and this is the result of the club having a presence down south. He and his agent saw the Riders a lot and liked what they were saying....they approached the Riders when they could have talked to any club...great sign. Riders are getting a lot of attention down south with how they are doing things...great to see
All-Star

by GC Bound » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:46 pm

depopulationINC wrote:indeed....and this is the result of the club having a presence down south. He and his agent saw the Riders a lot and liked what they were saying....they approached the Riders when they could have talked to any club...great sign. Riders are getting a lot of attention down south with how they are doing things...great to see

Yes, also however speaks to the "attention" Jones is getting down south for what he is attempting here in Saskatchewan which will inevitably open doors down south I would bet. :cowboy:
Starter

by depopulationINC » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:57 pm

GC Bound wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:indeed....and this is the result of the club having a presence down south. He and his agent saw the Riders a lot and liked what they were saying....they approached the Riders when they could have talked to any club...great sign. Riders are getting a lot of attention down south with how they are doing things...great to see

Yes, also however speaks to the "attention" Jones is getting down south for what he is attempting here in Saskatchewan which will inevitably open doors down south I would bet. :cowboy:

I'm fine with that. If someone gets an opportunity to move up....so be it
All-Star

by nowhereman » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:45 pm

depopulationINC wrote:Really excited to see what they try with this guy. at 5-11 he is shorter than they have ought out for a WR, but he is also a respectable receiver and just an overall great athlete who can play a lot of different positions. I know the Panthers were really high on him and traded for him with a plan...he never ended up working out for them, but I think he still has potential given a shot. He had a sensational collegiate career and could actually be a legit contender at QB. You want to talk about mobile QBs...this is it...not many are as mobile as him. Not too often the CFL sees a Walter Peyton award winner...never mind a 2 time winner. This guy is smart and you could line him up at QB, WR, SB, RB, DB, LB...he is just one of those players.

Really interested in watching how this guy progresses and hoping he makes it to training camp.

Sounds like an opportunity to use a wildcat set :D
Starter

by GC Bound » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:22 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
GC Bound wrote:

I'm fine with that. If someone gets an opportunity to move up....so be it

For sure, and if Jones builds a solid foundation for the RoughRider Franchise, he diserves the best.
From my observations over the years, I found that the reality is, "Contacts" (Jone's pipeline down south) are loyal mostly to the 'Contact-er' (Jones) not the team he represents at the time.
Over the years as different Managers have come and gone, so have their contact pipelines down south :cowboy:
Starter

by focin albert » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:30 pm

That sounds little weird!
Practice Squad

by StormRider1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:23 am

He was another good find, but without a good QB, don't mean jack!!
Veteran

by bowl450 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:49 am

StormRider1 wrote:He was another good find, but without a good QB, don't mean jack!!

Yes but you need an O-Line as well
Veteran

by StormRider1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:22 pm

bowl450 wrote:
StormRider1 wrote:He was another good find, but without a good QB, don't mean jack!!

Yes but you need an O-Line as well

Yes we do, we need to have both!!
Veteran