ICYMI

Re: ICYMI

by jamie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:23 pm

With all due respect Edmonton will have zero interest in O'Day.

And they will not be looking to trade Franklin to Sask. imo.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:41 pm

jamie wrote:With all due respect Edmonton will have zero interest in O'Day.

And they will not be looking to trade Franklin to Sask. imo.

agreed on Franklin, not so sure on O'Day. He was on the shortlist for Rhodes at one point.
All-Star

by bowl450 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:19 pm

depopulationINC wrote:
ed ohmnes wrote:Yeah they should let Jeremy o day go to Edmonton if he wants for. Reilly or franklin although Reilly money would be way too much for here, but they might get franklin for $200,000 for 3 years , that's what we pay isn't it """??

Jones would go 250 working to 350 over 3 with incentives as well on Franklin

if Edmonton has salary cap issues why would you trade your cheap rising star to keep your expensive star who is nearing the end of his career ?
Veteran

by depopulationINC » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:47 pm

bowl450 wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:
ed ohmnes wrote:Yeah they should let Jeremy o day go to Edmonton if he wants for. Reilly or franklin although Reilly money would be way too much for here, but they might get franklin for $200,000 for 3 years , that's what we pay isn't it """??

Jones would go 250 working to 350 over 3 with incentives as well on Franklin

if Edmonton has salary cap issues why would you trade your cheap rising star to keep your expensive star who is nearing the end of his career ?

because he has refused to extend for months even though they have tried.

Don't get me wrong...it would still likely be stupid trading him and Ed was doing the right thing by asking for the moon..."not overly interested............BUT"

Worst case scenario they have a good backup for the season and lose him for a lesser trade late in the season or in the off-season. Reilly could take a bad injury and all of the sudden Franklin has a starters contract. Would be silly to move him really.
All-Star

by STM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:39 pm

Trading Franklin at any point before the end of the 2017 season would be grounds to fire the new GM too.
Practice Squad

by depopulationINC » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:32 pm

STM wrote:Trading Franklin at any point before the end of the 2017 season would be grounds to fire the new GM too.

Not necessarily. Hervey had it right IMO. Franklin was available but he wanted the farm. 2 first round picks + an impact international or 1 first, a NI who can start and an impact international

Not really looking to trade him but if one really wants...sure...set the esks up pretty moving forward. Reilly is likely going nowhere w/o there being an injury so everything is for sale for a price (that might change a bit if Frnklin gets playing time and excels and a new GM starts looking at dollars and cents....800k between his starting QB and #1 WR). AND it is not even that far fetched...Willy fetched (by some brutal miracle) a 1st, 3rd and an impact international.
All-Star

by nowhereman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 pm

Starter

by nowhereman » Mon May 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Sounds like we might be in talks trying to get Edem

Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN
Re potential Edem trade: #BCLions gave #Riders permission last week to try & work out a restructured deal with him. Hasn't happened thus far
Starter

by depopulationINC » Mon May 08, 2017 10:06 pm

nowhereman wrote:Sounds like we might be in talks trying to get Edem

Re potential Edem trade: #BCLions gave #Riders permission last week to try & work out a restructured deal with him. Hasn't happened thus far

yeh...tentative terms / agreement in principle is in place with the Lions for the move...I dunno....if they can negotiate him down he is a guy that can play in the secondary plus potentially at LB.
All-Star

by nowhereman » Mon May 08, 2017 11:59 pm

depopulationINC wrote:

yeh...tentative terms / agreement in principle is in place with the Lions for the move...I dunno....if they can negotiate him down he is a guy that can play in the secondary plus potentially at LB.

What are we giving going the other way?
Starter

by JimmytheGreek » Tue May 09, 2017 12:15 am

nowhereman wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

One of our many talented quarterbacks. Image
All-Star

by LeStaf » Tue May 09, 2017 8:47 am

nowhereman wrote:What are we giving going the other way?

Probablement trop.

Edem est un joueur de talent qui fait des jeux sur le terrain. Mais pour une raison que j'ignore, il ne semble jamais éclore. Les Alouettes lui ont donné du temps de jeu dans son année recrue et il a bien répondu. Puis, silence complet. Edem a joué sur les unités spéciales, puis en a été retiré, puis y est revenu à l'occasion. Les Alouettes ont fini par l'échanger à Hamilton. Steinauer ne l'a pas gardé non plus. L'an dernier, il arrivait dans une situation où les Lions renouvelaient leur tertiaire, et ils seraient déjà en train de l'échanger. J'ai l'impression que son éthique de travail n'a peut-être pas impressionné ses entraîneurs où que ce soit qu'il est passé.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue May 09, 2017 3:24 pm

nowhereman wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

Unless it is a neg list player or a pretty late puck, too much. Wally has made it clear that he has to be moved or released.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue May 09, 2017 3:26 pm

JimmytheGreek wrote:
nowhereman wrote:
depopulationINC wrote:

One of our many talented quarterbacks. Image

I'd trade for the rights to Heaps in a heartbeat if I were Wally...I'd likely take Bennett as well.
All-Star

by depopulationINC » Tue May 09, 2017 7:33 pm

http://www.riderville.com/2017/05/09/cf ... big-plans/

Kinne dressed for four regular-season games in 2016, completing four of 11 pass attempts for 24 yards.

The Riders also announced the releases of two national players (linebacker Marvin Golding and defensive back Kelvin Muamba) and three internationals (defensive lineman Kaelin Burnett, international offensive lineman Kenny Horsley and receiver Kadron Boone).

Kinne officially retired...meh

Golding released...I think he has a good chance of landing elsewhere. Golding did well in reps when he was in there but was not the greatest on STs. Obviously the Riders signed drafted Judge, who should be a beast on STs with his speed and that broad jump screams that the 5 yard halo is going to be something he excels at in a bit way. Alexandre Chevrier should be an impact player on STs if he sticks as well...so the move makes sense. I thought he might make main camp...I figured he was in long to make the team though.

Kaelin Burnett is a bit of a surprise...I thought there was a lot of hope in him, but at the same time there are a few really promising new names coming shortly.

Kelvin Muamba...courtesy look? If Edem is on his way then it makes it that much harder to keep Kelvin

Kenny Horsley...at 29 and with 4 drafted...makes sense. They are going to be making some tough choices on pject players for the OL as it is this season.

Kadron Boone is a good receiver...but IMO they found a few gems at the mini. The kinda played a heavy hand in free agency with a couple guys they picked up so they had to make some room.
All-Star

PreviousNext