Changes at Tim Hortons Field for 2017

Changes at Tim Hortons Field for 2017

by letsgoticats » Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 pm

http://ticats.ca/tiger-cats-unveil-unprecedented-plans-to-enhance-gameday-fan-experience-and-foster-360-out-of-seat-social-viewing-opportunities-at-tim-hortons-field

A huge bar in the south end zone along with BBQ and some communal tables, full access to walk through the north end zone, a few craft beer options, and more standing room tickets for sale? I love all of these changes.

Encouraging people to hang out in the south end zone should free up a bunch of space on the concourse. The only downside is there's going to be a lot of empty seats during the game. I predict more people than ever out of their seats, wandering about the stadium spending money. At least if people are in the end zone they can still see the game, and make some noise if a big play does happen.
Starter

Re: Changes at Tim Hortons Field for 2017

by blackandgld » Wed May 17, 2017 5:38 pm

looks great
All-Star

by Grover » Thu May 18, 2017 6:19 am

I found this pic of Civic Stadium in 1960, shows how far the Stadium has come.
As you can see, parking was not a real issue back then!(yet cars still parked on front lawns)

Notice how new BMO field seating is eerily similar to old Civic Stadium seating.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by my home team » Fri May 19, 2017 9:12 am

The best change that the team could have provided for this season is to give to their customers a food vendor who can produce quality eats at a reasonable price or to vastly improve the service from the one they currently have.

Despite what the press release may state, here the organization CLEARLY has NOT been listening.
Starter

by cats99 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Coors banquet Bar Eastside Rocks :rockin:
The 13th Man At THF- Loud and Proud
All-Star

by jonny24eh » Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 pm

I know they say young people love all these areas, but damn I'm 23 and like to stay in my seat. I sat in the coors end zone for a game for a work thing and thought it sucked compared to my $20 nosebleeds. Can't really see the game so you talk the whole time, which was good for the networking but not great as an actual football fan. Unless the play is in the red zone in that end.

Maybe they should sell standing room only tickets to a lot of these spaces and sell the seats to those who like to sit.
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat'em raw!
Starter

by canadianfootballfan » Sat May 20, 2017 6:10 am

jonny24eh wrote:I know they say young people love all these areas, but damn I'm 23 and like to stay in my seat. I sat in the coors end zone for a game for a work thing and thought it sucked compared to my $20 nosebleeds. Can't really see the game so you talk the whole time, which was good for the networking but not great as an actual football fan. Unless the play is in the red zone in that end.

Maybe they should sell standing room only tickets to a lot of these spaces and sell the seats to those who like to sit.

Most people have at least mild ADD now, and can't just sit and watch a game. I personally find it sad.

You and I are a rare breed.
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:55 am

This is great I like the improvements.
Yes young people can easily get bored and they can wander around the stadium, stand on the walkways gather with their friends have a beer. Standing on the concourses and the end zone patios&bars is a trend at a lot of CFL stadiums now. The older fans aren't going to be standing around or wandering around the stadium a lot can't handle the stairs.
But it's good that the team/city have identified the changing demographics.
All-Star

by Hammertown Proud » Sat May 20, 2017 8:35 am

while my wife and I don't go near our seats at any game, we wont' be interested at an endzone bar setup.

concourse west side will continue to be our spot....along with about 35 other regulars.

not sure I want to sit at one endzone the entire game.
Starter

by Garney 26 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:27 am

The increase in communal areas is great, i think we all enjoy the relaxed atmosphere out of the seats. The kids zone is smart too.
Starter

by slimjim2 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:39 am

They moved the steam whistle too, that will free up space for people to stand around.
All-Star

by ticats28 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:10 am

Stadiums gonna look even emptier during play now with all this new stuff. In the end this place was built for football
Rookie

by Hamilton2005 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:37 am

I sit on the concourse level in the wheelchair section 108 near the visitors bench, the concourse is crowded enough because the people try to push the wheelchairs out of the way or they will lean on them. If we need to leave our seats to get food or whatever they refuse to move. The security can see this going on but they don't want do anything about.it. I have told the organization about this they refuse to listen.
Rookie

by TheBreeze » Sun May 21, 2017 10:44 am

They should fence off an area along the concourse and sell standing only tickets, then the seats can be sold to someone who uses them.
Rookie

by Palmer » Sun May 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Hamilton2005 wrote:I sit on the concourse level in the wheelchair section 108 near the visitors bench, the concourse is crowded enough because the people try to push the wheelchairs out of the way or they will lean on them. If we need to leave our seats to get food or whatever they refuse to move. The security can see this going on but they don't want do anything about.it. I have told the organization about this they refuse to listen.

Now that's disgusting. Over behind our section, 112, I've been hustled out by the security people just for standing there before the game, waiting to wander down to our seats. As we should be. If someone was sitting or standing in my seat, I'd expect security to step in. I think you should phone the club after every game that happens, and even during the game send a text to the scoreboard geek!
Veteran

Next