Spencer Watt Cut

Re: Spencer Watt Cut

by Count Floyd » Tue May 16, 2017 1:16 pm

mightypope wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:
Right now Hamilton has the worst receiving corps in the east. Every team except sask has better receivers than Hamilton.

Toliver, Tasker, Elliott, Tyms, Collins and Banks are worst receiving corps in the East?? I say slimjim2 knows SFA about football!!!

slimjim is a RB's fan who takes any opportunity to rag on anything Hamilton related, regardless of the deficiency in facts he presents.
Starter

by LeStaf » Tue May 16, 2017 1:43 pm

bobo82 wrote:Yup , let's take a look at the situation in the East when it comes to each teams receiving corps shall we..........

I mean Toronto with maybe a healthy Green along with Who , Who , Who and Who as starting receivers are in great shape :roll: . Watch for Who to have a breakout season this year , although I'm not sure which Who it will be . :)

Il y a présentement 17 revceveurs/demi inséré dans l'alignement des Argonauts. Le cas de Green demeure problématique, mais s'il peut rester en santé, il demeure un excellent receveur. C'est la première condition dont je doute. Les Alouettes l'ont testé avant de le libérer, aussi il demeure un point d'interrogation. Ils ont aussi Jeff Fuller qui est à mon sens un receveur de qualité. Levi Noel pourrait émerger cette année. Du reste, il y certainement au moins un autre jeune qui va se révéler dans cette palette. Je ne me fierais pas trop à Paden, si j'étais eux.

The Alouettes are just a tad bit ahead of Toronto considering they have Jackson , Lewis , Who , Who and Who as their starting 5

C'est une des questions qui se posent, mais il faut rappeler que Giguère fait bien à Montréal et il y a B, J. Cunninigham qui devrait sortir de l'ombre cette année, surtout que Ducon Rarter n'est plus là pour l'écarter du bon chemin. Je suis cependant d'accord que cette unité pourra avoir besoin de renfort, à moins qu'un nouveau joueur se révèle soudainement en être un bon. Underwood a encore tout à prouver selon moi, et je ne le vois pas encore comme un partant légitime.

The REDBLACKS are definitely ahead of the Alouettes , light years ahead of Toronto and maybe just slightly ahead of us with Ellingson , Sinopoli , Shaw , Spencer and Gurley .

On est d'accord au sujet d'Ellingson et Sinopoli, mais j'ai encore mes questions au sujet de Spencer et Gurley. Pour ce qu'on a pu voir, ils semblent possiblement atteints du même syndrome que Ducon Rarter et Kunnery Stufford. Shaw est à mon avis un meilleur prospect. Cela représente tout de même un bon noyau autour duquel bâtir.

So when it comes to being worst as I see it we stand no worse than maybe 2nd best in the division . In fact you could even say that the REDBLACKS right now are #1 -A and we are just ever so slightly behind them at #1 -B and then way below these two would be Montreal sitting at #3 and then even farther down the ladder way below the Als bringing up the rear in dead last would be that team that nobody bothers to watch that plays at BMO . :D[/quote]

De ce point de vue, la brigade actuelle de Hamilton est très respectable (j'ai des doutes sur Elliott, non son talent mais son attitude) et si les Tiger Cats terminaient sous le 2ième rang, ce serait sans doute à cause des blessures et non à cause des receveurs. Je pense tout de même que la lutte pour les 3 premières places dans l'Est sera plus serrée cette année.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by Slomojo2005 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:57 pm

mightypope wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:
Right now Hamilton has the worst receiving corps in the east. Every team except sask has better receivers than Hamilton.

Toliver, Tasker, Elliott, Tyms, Collins and Banks are worst receiving corps in the East?? I say slimjim2 knows SFA about football!!!

I agree with you Mighty.... Slimjim knows nothing about nothing! TiCat receiving corp are probably one of the top 5 in league and Andy will just add to that. Slim should maybe start commenting about what he knows something about. ???????? I don't know what that would be though.
Starter

by ottawacat » Tue May 16, 2017 7:30 pm

mightypope wrote:Just off the top of my head, Ches McCance who played with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the late '30's and Montreal Alouettes in the late 40's, certainly accomplished that feat, but it might even go as far back as Hugh Gall who played in the first Grey Cup game for the U of T Varsity Blues.

Since the claim about Spencer was him being "first in CFL history," the true first player to do so would be someone playing in 1958 or later.
All-Star

by Garney 26 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Ab Box i believe.
Starter

by slimjim2 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:47 am

Slomojo2005 wrote:
mightypope wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:

I agree with you Mighty.... Slimjim knows nothing about nothing! TiCat receiving corp are probably one of the top 5 in league and Andy will just add to that. Slim should maybe start commenting about what he knows something about. ???????? I don't know what that would be though.

Wow some sensitive people on here. I never said that Tasker or any of the other receivers are not good, I just said that the receiving corps is lacking and the worst in the east.
Yes, right now Ottawa, the Als and Argos have a better receiving corps.
Tolliver and Tasker are good - Tyms? seriously? the guy has hardly played at all, he's a Canadian backup. Banks is a backup receiver and not a starter, Collins average.
You look at the depth of the other teams at receiver and right now the Ticats are the bottom of the east.
All-Star

by pw13 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:24 am

Tyms is not Canadian, and he looked very good wen he played at the end of last season.
All-Star

by bobo82 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:38 am

pw13 wrote:Tyms is not Canadian, and he looked very good wen he played at the end of last season.

Please whatever you do.......Never confuse Jim with the facts , no sense in letting reality get in the way of one of his typical nonsensical no nothing as usual rants . :D :lol:

Yup , I can just about hear it now........

The next thing that Jim will be ranting on and trying to convince us all about is how the Cats also have the worst quarterback in the East as well to go along with our supposedly worst receiving corps . :lol: :) :roll:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by blackandgld » Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 am

If Collaros stays healthy we have the top receiving core in the East. Collaros is that good that he would make all the receivers look great.
What do we have?
Tasker a 75 catch 1000 yard guy
Tolliver a 1000 yard guy
Tyms a guy who started a couple games for NE Pats and is an unknown to those that don't follow closely
Collins showed great last year.

If Collaros struggles to stay healthy then we have what was mentioned earlier. a middle of the pack receiver package.
All-Star

by Garney 26 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:16 am

I get the feeling the team isn't finished in the aquisition dept. either.
Starter

by mightypope » Wed May 17, 2017 9:19 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
Tyms? seriously? the guy has hardly played at all, he's a Canadian backup.

More proof that you know nothing about CFL football..... jimmy. :roll: Keep talkin'!!!
All-Star

by Lennywasout » Thu May 18, 2017 9:01 am

slimjim2 wrote:
Grover wrote:According to Loonie Cap he was making at minimum $100K/yr or more and also has a lengthy injury history.
Start Jones or Aprile,(both play Special Teams) and sign Fantuz with that $100K

Why would they sign Fantuz with that $100k when he's not expected to return until at least August and no guarantee that he can even run.

For you Slim...
http://3downnation.com/2017/05/18/andy- ... ms-ticats/
Veteran

by canadianfootballfan » Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Lennywasout wrote:
slimjim2 wrote:
Grover wrote:According to Loonie Cap he was making at minimum $100K/yr or more and also has a lengthy injury history.
Start Jones or Aprile,(both play Special Teams) and sign Fantuz with that $100K

Why would they sign Fantuz with that $100k when he's not expected to return until at least August and no guarantee that he can even run.

For you Slim...
http://3downnation.com/2017/05/18/andy- ... ms-ticats/

Slim is going to say and do the same things over and over again - no matter what logic or reason you use. He has an agenda on these forums, and he never sways.
Veteran

by blackandgld » Wed May 24, 2017 9:39 am

Sorry...double post
Last edited by blackandgld on Wed May 24, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
All-Star

by blackandgld » Wed May 24, 2017 9:40 am

[quote="blackandgld"][quote="Garney 26"]I get the feeling the team isn't finished in the aquisition dept. either.

Funny that of all the receivers he could be compared too it is Brian Tyms used as the comparable in the link.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/gavin-lutman/
All-Star

Previous