Invading BMO June 25th

Invading BMO June 25th

by Hammertown Proud » Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Who picked up their pre-sale tickets for the season opener today?

We grabbed five in row 7 - Section Hamilton (121).

Can't wait!!! Oskee Wee Wee!!!
Starter

Re: Invading BMO June 25th

by DogsFan » Mon May 08, 2017 7:07 pm

What is the presale code?
Starter

by ThomasE » Tue May 09, 2017 10:26 am

The presale code is RAY15
Rookie

by -Hammer- » Fri May 12, 2017 6:08 pm

I won't buy tickets for or from the Argos until I get my $160 dollars back in free tickets, concession coupons or cold hard cash. Basically until they make right the amount they effectively stole from me during the Grey Cup ticket pricing debacle. If someone from the Argos wants to contact me back and make right, then I'll glady start buying tickets again when the tabbies go down the road.
Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton - Naufrage des navires depuis 1869
All-Star

by ExPat » Fri May 12, 2017 11:37 pm

I'd be much happier about buying Argo tickets if they ever lifted their policy of refusing to show replays of the visiting team's successes. I feel that is an insult to the visiting team's fans, who also paid to attend. Also mildly insulting to the home fans, implying that they can't bear to watch a good play again if their team was on the wrong side of it. Most fans appreciate seeing a good play - and if they don't, they can always look away.

That said ... yeah, I'll probably still buy tickets. June 25, you say?
All-Star

by Hammertown Proud » Sun May 14, 2017 10:11 am

-Hammer- wrote:I won't buy tickets for or from the Argos until I get my $160 dollars back in free tickets, concession coupons or cold hard cash. Basically until they make right the amount they effectively stole from me during the Grey Cup ticket pricing debacle. If someone from the Argos wants to contact me back and make right, then I'll glady start buying tickets again when the tabbies go down the road.

stand by the phone. i think the argos are "just" about to contact you. :) :) :)

truthfully, and you know this, I don't think anyone individually cares if you buy tickets to the tabbies down the road.

you are the only one losing with your decision.
Starter

by slimjim2 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:47 am

Hammertown Proud wrote:
-Hammer- wrote:I won't buy tickets for or from the Argos until I get my $160 dollars back in free tickets, concession coupons or cold hard cash. Basically until they make right the amount they effectively stole from me during the Grey Cup ticket pricing debacle. If someone from the Argos wants to contact me back and make right, then I'll glady start buying tickets again when the tabbies go down the road.

truthfully, and you know this, I don't think anyone individually cares if you buy tickets to the tabbies down the road.

Looks like some fans are using the same old excuses they used to not attend a CFL game at the Rogers Centre.
I guess it doesn't matter who owns the Argos or where they play.

Got my tickets, I bought a couple of Argo mini-packs. Got the Ticat game plus the Flutie bobble-head game against Ottawa and one other game.
Let's face it a game at BMO is like one extra home game for the Ticats.
All-Star

by -Hammer- » Mon May 15, 2017 2:48 pm

slimjim2 wrote:
Hammertown Proud wrote:

Looks like some fans are using the same old excuses they used to not attend a CFL game at the Rogers Centre.
I guess it doesn't matter who owns the Argos or where they play.

Got my tickets, I bought a couple of Argo mini-packs. Got the Ticat game plus the Flutie bobble-head game against Ottawa and one other game.
Let's face it a game at BMO is like one extra home game for the Ticats.

To the first, it's communicated to warn people that the Argos organization engages in poor customer service, so be careful in your dealings with them.

To the second, no the other one losing out is the Argos. Not only are they losing my business, but they are losing out of the potential business of anyone who I would normally encourage to go and make the trip out and watch the game there. You would think that an organization whose attendance is is 8,000 bellow the league average, struggles to get 16,000 out per game and embarrassed the league as a whole with their ticketing debacle, would be inclined to make amends. You would think, being low on the totem pole, you'd try to pursue every avenue to get people the in seats, in town, out of town or otherwise.

To the third, I went to EVERY Argo away game that the Ti-Cats played there since 2006. I've done my share at trying to help out that franchise and I'm perfectly willing to do so again if they make amends. However, I'm not about to support a team that has outright cheated me.
Les Tigre-Chats de Hamilton - Naufrage des navires depuis 1869
All-Star

by pw13 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:49 pm

ExPat wrote:I'd be much happier about buying Argo tickets if they ever lifted their policy of refusing to show replays of the visiting team's successes. I feel that is an insult to the visiting team's fans, who also paid to attend. Also mildly insulting to the home fans, implying that they can't bear to watch a good play again if their team was on the wrong side of it. Most fans appreciate seeing a good play - and if they don't, they can always look away.

Most teams don't feature the visiting team's big plays, but there was also a technical hurdle for the Argos last season.
When they finally got access to BMO, on the eve of the season, they discovered that the facility had only one replay machine. Not surprising, in retrospect, because soccer is played continually and hardly ever needs replays. This year they have added more video machines.
All-Star

by Argofan_1000 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Single Game tickets on sale today. Checked ticketmaster and they seem to be selling quite well to the BMO opening game.

Remember it is 4 o'clock on a Sunday and that will help in sales so if you want to go don't wait too long

Can't wait.
Veteran

by my home team » Sat May 20, 2017 9:38 am

"Looks like some fans are using the same old excuses they used to not attend a CFL game at the Rogers Centre.
I guess it doesn't matter who owns the Argos or where they play."

I've been to Skydome a number of times over the years....the worst sightlines for football I have ever suffered through.

Back in 2013, attended the eastern final there. My section had such poor leg room I was forced to stand for pretty much all of the game. Another fellow two seats down from me had to do the same thing.

Not being able to watch the game without visual or physical difficulty makes for a very unpleasant experience. NOT something I am willing to pay for.

I have not attended a game at BMO field. Their team has been so bad, I'm not interested in paying for substandard entertainment.

It should not be left for visiting fans to support the team. If those living within the city won't pay to watch the argos, then management there needs to do something.

Like hire people who know how to coach and direct the franchise.

P.S...and where is Pinball in all this....doing TV commercials!!!
Starter

by slimjim2 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:23 am

my home team wrote:
I've been to Skydome a number of times over the years....the worst sightlines for football I have ever suffered through.

Back in 2013, attended the eastern final there. My section had such poor leg room I was forced to stand for pretty much all of the game. Another fellow two seats down from me had to do the same thing.

Not being able to watch the game without visual or physical difficulty makes for a very unpleasant experience. NOT something I am willing to pay for.

They don't play at the SkyDome anymore!!!

I have not attended a game at BMO field. Their team has been so bad, I'm not interested in paying for substandard entertainment.

Same old excuses, but aren't you a Ticat fan?
Are you going to come out to an Argo game if they have a winning team???????

It should not be left for visiting fans to support the team. If those living within the city won't pay to watch the argos, then management there needs to do something.

Of course management needs to do something, what do you think they have been trying to do the past year with the ads, the Shipyard entertainment, the tail gate, the $4 beers the cheap prices. The management is heads and shoulders above the previous regime.

Quit whining and go out and buy a ticket if you want to see the CFL survive in Toronto
All-Star

by my home team » Sat May 20, 2017 12:18 pm

“They don't play at the SkyDome anymore!!!”

Of course…that’s why I put the explanation in PAST tense.

“Are you going to come out to an Argo game if they have a winning team??????”
I work hard for my money and there are other more important costs to worry about. I’m not about to waste money on a bad franchise..Why this bunch could NOT even handle ticket sales for a Grey cup game properly!!! Besides, I would rather give it to my own team…

“Of course management needs to do something, what do you think they have been trying to do the past year with the ads, the Shipyard entertainment, the tail gate, the $4 beers the cheap prices. The management is heads and shoulders above the previous regime.”

This is the same bunch that could NOT even get those in their own city to buy Grey cup tickets…
Perhaps, you’re impressed with peripheral things!! How about concentrating on what matters, the quality of the on field product.

We don’t know if the new management is any better. No games have been played yet.

It seems you have money to throw away on bad football. I don’t.

And save your speech about buying an argo ticket for those who live there. They are the core customers.

I've been a Tiger cat and CFL fan and supporter for over 40 years. As such, I don't need you to dictate to ANYONE what they should do.

How long have you been supporting this league?

I WILL DECIDE what I buy tickets for. So, keep your snotty comments to yourself.
Starter

by letsgoticats » Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 pm

I assume they'll release a discount code for season ticket holders right? Or have I missed it?

The Ticats announced a deal for a home + home package at BMO and THF, but it's useless for anyone with season tickets. I've already got tickets to the game in Hamilton.

https://ticats-store.myshopify.com/collections/ticketing/products/home-and-home-pack
Starter

by DogsFan » Wed May 24, 2017 7:54 am

I wouldn't count on a discount from the Argos to Ticats STH.
Starter

Next