TIGER-CATS ACQUIRE DB WOOTEN IN TRADE WITH MTL

Re: TIGER-CATS ACQUIRE DB WOOTEN IN TRADE WITH MTL

by schmenger » Tue May 02, 2017 9:43 pm

English, English.............
Starter

by Niagara Als » Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 pm

Canada has two official languages. Why don't you take a few seconds and use Google Translation in future to respond to French posts.
All-Star

by PatLynch » Wed May 03, 2017 4:51 am

Some people just lack the intellectual curiosity . I try my grade 13 French skills first but more often than not I go to the translation. Speaking more than one language helps to keep an old mind sharp. In a related matter, I see that Duane Forde has shown an interest in the commissioner's job. He was qualified to teach high school French in Ontario. :D

Pat Lynch( the old guy)
All-Star

by bobo82 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:30 am

LeStaf wrote:
bobo82 wrote:
catfish wrote:With all those DB in camp we had to trade for one of the Al's :roll: :cowboy:

Think about it this way , the less DB's the Als have the better it is for us . :)

La tertiaire des Alouettes fonctionnera bien avec ou sans Wooten. Il n'y a aucun gain sur ce plan. Là où Tillman a encore eu le dessus sur Reed, c'est dans les choix au repêchage.

English Translation of LeStaf's post :

Alouettes work well with or without Wooten . There is no gain in this area . Where Tillman still got the best of Reed in draft picks .

Agreed LeStaf . This trade was basically outside of the switching up of draft picks nothing more than the swapping out of spare parts by both teams . Woods and Perine were obviously not in our future plans and not likely to make the team anyways . The same could probably be said about Wooten and the Alouettes .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by schmenger » Wed May 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Niagara Als Canada does have two official languages for Government Services. This website is not a government service. Your Alouette friend responded in English before so what's the issue? Don't bully me to do something I am not prepared or wiling to do.
Starter

by Palmer » Wed May 03, 2017 1:13 pm

PatLynch wrote:In a related matter, I see that Duane Forde has shown an interest in the commissioner's job. He was qualified to teach high school French in Ontario.

Yes! This I like - I don't think I could live with Pinball's silly grin and and overly optimistic psychobabble. I think the Commissioner's job has to be more than a PR position, although that is certainly part of the deal, and a part that Pinball would excell at. But I think it needs a business guy more, one who understands football fans and football players, execs and owners. Only know Duane from his TSN coverage and feel he is about the best of the bunch for insight and balanced opinion! Be great if he could bring that to the Commissioner's role.
Veteran

by safetyblitz » Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 pm

schmenger wrote:Niagara Als Canada does have two official languages for Government Services. This website is not a government service. Your Alouette friend responded in English before so what's the issue? Don't bully me to do something I am not prepared or wiling to do.

You admonished a private individual about what language he should post in, yet you complain that *you're* the one being bullied? Really?
All-Star

by stevehvh » Wed May 03, 2017 4:15 pm

I'm glad LeStaf posts here, and I'm very happy to have him post in the language of his choice. I enjoy testing out my French skills (too weak) and have no problem using Google translate (a link to which he is kind enough to include) to get the English version when I don't succeed with his French. His posts are generally well worth the effort. If I didn't want to read his posts, I would be perfectly free to ignore them. But I do want to. Keep posting, LeStaf, en fracais s'il vous plait.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey
All-Star

by FenderGuy69 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:16 pm

stevehvh wrote:I'm glad LeStaf posts here, and I'm very happy to have him post in the language of his choice. I enjoy testing out my French skills (too weak) and have no problem using Google translate (a link to which he is kind enough to include) to get the English version when I don't succeed with his French. His posts are generally well worth the effort. If I didn't want to read his posts, I would be perfectly free to ignore them. But I do want to. Keep posting, LeStaf, en fracais s'il vous plait.

Well said Steve HVH!
All-Star

by blackandgld » Wed May 03, 2017 4:22 pm

I must admit i am too lazy to google translate a post. too bad that he is a frequent poster and i am missing out on his input. instead of every reader having to google translate perhaps a better choice might be to do the translation for people. much more efficient...oh well, to each their own. My loss.

Je dois avouer que je suis trop paresseux pour traduire Google Post. C'est dommage qu'il soit une affiche fréquente et que je manque de ses commentaires. Au lieu de chaque lecteur avoir à traduire Google peut-être un meilleur choix pourrait être de faire la traduction pour les gens. Beaucoup plus efficace ... oh bien, à chacun. Ma perte
All-Star

by blackandgld » Wed May 03, 2017 4:28 pm

And sorry, back on subject. I really don't understand why Austin has such an infatuation with DBs this offseason. I get it that it was the weakest part of the team but only on one other occasion have i ever seen a camp so loaded up on one position.
Going back to when Marcel Desjardins was General Manager the team was hopeless at the WR spot. At the next camp we had so many WRs trying out i was losing my mind LOL.
Anyways here is to hoping the weakness becomes a strength this season!!
All-Star

by schmenger » Wed May 03, 2017 5:50 pm

ENGLISH If you want to post your official language of choice do on a French website. While you're comments may be insightful, post it in English.

*This post has been reported*

Dear all,

I consider this comment to be a clear violation of the Rules. Ordinarily I would delete a post in breach of the Rules but I think it needs to be made clear that posts in both official languages are welcome and encouraged on this site. Google translate is a wonder of the modern world for knuckle heads like me who can barely order a big mac in French.

Lestaf's comments are consistently insightful and intelligent and well worth the effort to translate.
Starter

by TommyBoy1 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Don't read his comments if you don't want to -- I don't think Le Staf will care.
All-Star

by safetyblitz » Wed May 03, 2017 7:54 pm

schmenger wrote:ENGLISH If you want to post your official language of choice do on a French website. While you're comments may be insightful, post it in English.

To what little degree this board has rules, they are made by Bob Young, not by you.

LeStaf has made worthwhile contributions to this board for quite some time. You? Not so much.
All-Star

by schmenger » Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 pm

My contribution to this board is just as important as anyone else. I speak my mind and that is freedom of speech. My views are my own and I have a right to offer those views regardless of what you think.
Starter

PreviousNext