Chris Jones at it again...

Chris Jones at it again...

by smogmonster » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:13 pm

What an idiot... I'm getting sick of this from him. I wanted to use stronger words but thought better of it.

From TSN:

The Canadian Football League announced a $5,000 fine to Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach and general manager Chris Jones for taking a meeting with the publicist of former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel.

Because the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner on their negotiations list, Jones' meeting was adjudged to be tampering. The league acknowleged that the Roughriders did not work out the 24-year-old Texas A&M product.

“The Saskatchewan Roughriders have been notified of the league's decision and accept their disciplinary action,” Jones said in a statement. “We have been forthcoming with the CFL office on any information they have requested. We look forward to moving on and continuing to prepare for the 2017 season.”

The Roughriders as a team were also fined $31,500 for two violations of CFL by-laws relating to suspended players attending practice and the recruitment of a junior player.

As TSN Senior Correspondent Gary Lawless notes, this is the fifth fine incurred by Jones since joining the Roughriders in December of 2015.
Veteran

Re: Chris Jones at it again...

by guelphcatsfan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Chris Jones is all about Chris Jones. He's bad for the league. He'd do anything to get to the NFL and doesnt care about maintainin the integrity of the CFL.
Starter

by blackandgld » Mon May 01, 2017 7:09 am

The kind of guy if you shake his hand you better make sure that your rings are still on your hand.
Poor representation from the top in Sask. but everyone knows it.
All-Star

by LeStaf » Mon May 01, 2017 9:01 am

guelphcatsfan wrote:Chris Jones is all about Chris Jones. He's bad for the league. He'd do anything to get to the NFL and doesnt care about maintainin the integrity of the CFL.

Chris Jones n'ira jamais dans la NFL. Aucune équipe ne lui ouvrira ses portes. Qu'aurait-il accompli de si extraordinaire pour y avoir sa chance, et surtout. à quel titre irait-il? Si John Hufnagel n'a pas été appelé, je ne vois pas Jones l'être non plus.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by stevehvh » Mon May 01, 2017 9:30 am

I agree with LeStaf.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey
All-Star

by FenderGuy69 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 am

LeStaf wrote:
guelphcatsfan wrote:Chris Jones is all about Chris Jones. He's bad for the league. He'd do anything to get to the NFL and doesnt care about maintainin the integrity of the CFL.

Chris Jones n'ira jamais dans la NFL. Aucune équipe ne lui ouvrira ses portes. Qu'aurait-il accompli de si extraordinaire pour y avoir sa chance, et surtout. à quel titre irait-il? Si John Hufnagel n'a pas été appelé, je ne vois pas Jones l'être non plus.

While I agree with LeStaf about Chris Jones' prospective potential of heading to the NFL ... I would not rule out NCAA. I can see him bolting for a smaller up & coming school in the FBS or fanatical football factory in the FCS. These guys get paid incredibly well, you'd be shocked. Combine that with tenure and the benefits that go along with being "faculty", (medical benefits, free school for children, on campus housing, etc etc etc) AND that you're basically the biggest deal in that town ... it's totally suited for Jones!
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Where is the proof that "he'd do anything to get to the NFL"? He took the Esks to the Grey Cup and then signed a long term contract with the Riders. Wouldn't he have applied for an NFL job after the Esks?
I get it that a lot of posters don't like him but let's not start making up stories.
All-Star

by HfxTC » Wed May 03, 2017 5:07 pm

slimjim2 wrote:

Where is the proof that "he'd do anything to get to the NFL"? He took the Esks to the Grey Cup and then signed a long term contract with the Riders. Wouldn't he have applied for an NFL job after the Esks?
I get it that a lot of posters don't like him but let's not start making up stories.

Then don't start any. He signed 3 years. Hardly a long term contracts. Long term contracts in the CFL are five years. Like Austin, Popp and Buono hold.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.
Hall of Famer

by schmenger » Wed May 03, 2017 6:32 pm

The story of Chris Jones is very short. A man who ignores rules and his behaviour undermines the CFL and players. Book it.
Starter

by my home team » Mon May 08, 2017 8:30 am

With his history of cheating and flaunting the rules, this episode doesn't surprise me in the least.

There should be a rule that with every violation, the punishment is increased, because then it is no longer an accident or a mistake.

Don't be shocked if Jones does something illegal again......and SOON!!!!
Starter

by Krisiun » Tue May 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Jones seems to be better suited as a Coordinator or Assistant Coach. In a position where he can be reined in by a Head Coach's voice of reason if need be. He seemed to be successful under the authority of Milanovich but on his own he's too much of a loose cannon.
All-Star