Masoli

Alex Green

Collaros
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

Re: Mini Camp

by woody » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am

Grover wrote:Drew Edwards‏Verified account @scratchingpost 1m1 minute ago

#Ticats sign QB Matt Johnson, which I already told you about, and WR Devon Breaux. That last name sounds familiar... (yes, they're related.)

No such thing as a bad Breaux! :wink:

They will be on the field for minicamp today

:lol: I like it...I wondered the same thing when I saw the name. Lets hope he does well too. :thup:
All-Star

by mightypope » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Grover wrote:
#Ticats sign QB Matt Johnson, which I already told you about, and WR Devon Breaux. That last name sounds familiar... (yes, they're related.)

They're not related.
All-Star

by Grover » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Drew Edwards‏Verified account @scratchingpost 6h6 hours ago
The #Ticats are tackling a giant lime green doughnut at mini-camp today. It appears faster than Ricky Ray.

http://3downnation.com/2017/04/26/ticat ... -tackling/
All-Star

by Grover » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:28 pm

Nice wrap up of Minicamp by Drew vEdwards

Magic Eight Ball: Things we learned from Ticats mini-camp
Posted on April 27, 2017 by Drew Edwards // 1 Comment

The Ticats wrapped up three days of mini-camp on a beautiful Thursday with a final session at Tim Hortons Field. Here are eight things we learned.

1. Of the nearly 50 players on the roster, expect about two dozen or so to be invited back for main camp at the end of May. Vice-president of football operations and head coach Kent Austin gathered everybody at mid-field at the conclusion of the last practice to thank the players for their effort. For some of these players, this will be their last experience in professional football.

2. The seven kickers held one final kicking session on Thursday morning and it’s likely three will be back for main camp: former Winnipeg Blue Bomber Sergio Castillo, ex-Buffalo Bill Jordan Gay and 31-year-old Craig Peterson, who most recently kicked in the Arena League.

3. Receiver Brian Tyms, who played two games with the team at the tail end of last season, had a strong camp and will likely be in contention for a starting job alongside Terrence Tolliver and Luke Tasker. Another pass catcher who stood out was Ed Williams, who made a number of tough catches, including an impressive one-hander over the middle on Thursday. Felix Flaubert-Lussier, who was taken in the fifth round of the 2016 CFL Draft, has cut 15 pounds and looked quicker and more agile than he did at training camp last season.

4. The Ticats need to upgrade their secondary and some strong candidates may have emerged this week, including former New York Giant and Baltimore Raven Will Hill, who has 32 NFL starts to his credit but ran afoul of the league’s substance abuse policy (he’s been suspended four times, reportedly for marijuana use.) Other defensive backs who had a solid week: Cheatham Norrils, Keon Lyn and Cleshawn Page.

5. With the team likely to start two American offensive tackles this season, they’ll need some depth behind (and competition for) veterans Xavier Fulton and Jeremy Lewis. UCLA alum Malcolm Bunche looked solid, as did former Bruin Torian White. Jordan Swindle may have done enough to warrant a longer look as well.

6. New special teams coordinator Dennis McKnight certainly made a sizable first impression. A former NFL offensive lineman and long snapper who spent 12 years in the league, the 57-year-old coaches with an impressive amount of energy and volume.

7. Quarterback Matt Johnson got a number of compliments on his flashy powder blue high top cleats, which he borrowed from a former teammate before a recent workout. But given that they could easily be mistaken for Toronto Argonaut colours, Johnson says he’ll retire them if and when he returns for main camp (and given what he showed the last couple of days, it’s likely he will.)

8. Up next for the Ticats: figure out the ratio or where they want to start their seven national players on offence and defence. The team has plenty of Canadian talent – they could likely start as many as 11 – but it’s spread over a number of positions, which is great for flexibility but makes roster planning more difficult. Once they decide a general direction, they can dial in their draft strategy and fill in the rest of the training camp roster.

http://3downnation.com/2017/04/27/magic ... mini-camp/
All-Star

by catfish » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:07 am

Will Hill will fined his thrill in Canada soon, we're going to be knee deep in Marijuana, getting high will be very convenient. We will soon get it in cookies, cakes and pill form aren't we lucky. :cowboy:
All-Star

by jonny24eh » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Not like it's that hard now.... :cowboy:
The poster formerly known as jonny24.

Eat'em raw!
Starter

by ottawacat » Mon May 01, 2017 10:02 am

Drew Edwards‏Verified account @scratchingpost - May 1,2017
#CFL teams need to be down to 75 players today so expect several clubs to announce cuts, including #Ticats.

By my count, when you add the number of players, now listed on the roster here on ticats.ca, to that of other players, not listed, who've also been reported by the club and/or the local media as having been signed, almost a quarter of them will have to go to get the Cats' total down to 75.
All-Star

by Grover » Mon May 01, 2017 1:19 pm

Here is a list of our cuts

Drew Edwards‏Verified account @scratchingpost 14m14 minutes ago
OL Jeremy Lewis made 39 starts over three seasons with #Ticats, including 14 last year. Hurt his knee & missed last four games. #CFL

Marsh ‏Verified account @TSN_Marsh 17m17 minutes ago
#Ticats have released OL Jeremy Lewis and DB Elroy Douglas whom the team drafted 41st overall last year #CFL.
All-Star

by safetyblitz » Mon May 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Grover wrote:Drew Edwards‏Verified account @scratchingpost 6h6 hours ago
The #Ticats are tackling a giant lime green doughnut at mini-camp today.

Gives new life to that old expression about a rolling donut...
All-Star

by ottawacat » Mon May 01, 2017 3:04 pm

So, after the 14 cuts, listed above by Grover, and the 2 players going to MTL in exchange for 1, the site roster now lists 71 players, but doesn't include:
Quinton Alston
Demarr Aultman
Devon Breaux
Jabari Gorman
Delonte Hollowell
Matt Johnson
Jay Lee
Jordan Swindle
Torian White
Ed Williams
Somehow, 71 + 10 = 81, but = 75. New math? Non-counters?
All-Star

by bobo82 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 pm

ottawacat wrote:So, after the 14 cuts, listed above by Grover, and the 2 players going to MTL in exchange for 1, the site roster now lists 71 players, but doesn't include:
Quinton Alston
Demarr Aultman
Devon Breaux
Jabari Gorman
Delonte Hollowell
Matt Johnson
Jay Lee
Jordan Swindle
Torian White
Ed Williams
Somehow, 71 + 10 = 81, but = 75. New math? Non-counters?

And might I add still not a kicker in the bunch :o
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by ottawacat » Mon May 01, 2017 3:32 pm

bobo82 wrote: And might I add still not a kicker in the bunch :o

But, there is still a Bunche (Malcolm, INT OL) in the bunch, bobo, who you might get a kick out of.
(I know, I know. Should be ..... out of whom, you might get a kick.)
All-Star

by bobo82 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:40 pm

ottawacat wrote:
bobo82 wrote: And might I add still not a kicker in the bunch :o

But, there is still a Bunche (Malcolm, INT OL) in the bunch, bobo, who you might get a kick out of.
(I know, I know. Should be ..... out of whom, you might get a kick.)

LOL!!! I wonder if he can kick ? At 6' 6" 320 lbs he would probably go down as the biggest kicker in the history of the game . :wink:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by Grover » Tue May 02, 2017 9:50 am

Looks like we signed a kicker, he does seem confident anyways

Craig Peterson‏ @c_peterson19 9m9 minutes ago

If you haven't heard already I'm happy to announce that I've signed with the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the CFL. #CraigTheLeg #goticats #CFL

All-Star

PreviousNext