TIGER-CATS SIGN FOUR INT. DB'S

Re: TIGER-CATS SIGN FOUR INT. DB'S

by blackandgld » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:09 am

As a High School senior Hill had 947 yards passing and seven touchdowns, he rushed for 960 yards and 19 touchdowns and had 43 tackles, four interceptions and three pass breakups on defense. He was a first team all-state selection. He was 2007 New Jersey Offensive Player of the Year.[2]
In track and field, Hill competed as a sprinter. He recorded a personal-best time of 52.9 seconds in the 400-meter dash as a freshman.[3] In addition, he also ran a 4.4-second 40-yard dash as a senior.
Following his high school senior season, Rivals.com, ESPN and Scout.com all rated Hill as the top high school safety in the nation. ESPN rated him as the second overall football prospect and the top-ranked overall athlete in the nation.

Hill has been trying to make changes in his personal life. "I sit in the house with my family. I used to be a nightclub guy, especially coming out of college. I've just been watching a lot of movies. I'm a homebody. I took a long look in the mirror and decided to change a lot of things," Hill said in December 2014

So IMO this guy is so good if his life is in order he will be a CFL All Star this year for the Cats and be a 1 and done back to the NFL. I hope this will be the case and it will be a happy ending for both player and team.
All-Star

by slimjim2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:28 pm

blackandgld wrote:As a High School senior Hill had 947 yards passing and seven touchdowns, he rushed for 960 yards and 19 touchdowns and had 43 tackles, four interceptions and three pass breakups on defense. He was a first team all-state selection. He was 2007 New Jersey Offensive Player of the Year.[2]
In track and field, Hill competed as a sprinter. He recorded a personal-best time of 52.9 seconds in the 400-meter dash as a freshman.[3] In addition, he also ran a 4.4-second 40-yard dash as a senior.
Following his high school senior season, Rivals.com, ESPN and Scout.com all rated Hill as the top high school safety in the nation. ESPN rated him as the second overall football prospect and the top-ranked overall athlete in the nation.

Hill has been trying to make changes in his personal life. "I sit in the house with my family. I used to be a nightclub guy, especially coming out of college. I've just been watching a lot of movies. I'm a homebody. I took a long look in the mirror and decided to change a lot of things," Hill said in December 2014

So IMO this guy is so good if his life is in order he will be a CFL All Star this year for the Cats and be a 1 and done back to the NFL. I hope this will be the case and it will be a happy ending for both player and team.

Do we really want this guy in the CFL?

Too bad you didn't cut and past the whole story:

On October 8, 2012, the NFL suspended Hill for using the prescription drug Adderall. He was able to return to the Giants active roster on November 5.[13] Hill was suspended a second time for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL substance abuse policy; his suspension ended on September 30.[14] Following his second suspension, Hill underwent drug rehabilitation in March and April in Boston, and followed that with outpatient meetings in New Jersey.[15]

On December 21, 2013, Hill was arrested in New Jersey on a warrant for outstanding child support payments.[16] Despite the arrest, Hill still played that Sunday against the Detroit Lions. During the game, he intercepted a pass thrown by Matthew Stafford in the fourth quarter and scored on a 38-yard touchdown to tie the game and force overtime. In overtime, the Giants would go on to win the game by a score of 23-20.

In March 2014, New Jersey police issued a warrant for Hill's arrest for failure to pay child support.[17]

On May 30, 2014, Hill was suspended for the first six games of the 2014 season for violations of the league's substance abuse policy
On March 16, 2016, the Ravens released Hill upon learning that he had failed a drug test and would be suspended ten games
All-Star

by canadianfootballfan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:20 pm

This is a football forum... not a court of law.
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:42 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:This is a football forum... not a court of law.

LOL - that fact that he signed with the Ticats is okay.
If he had signed with the any other CFL team we would be saying "why do we want this guy in the CFL" -
How many chances was he given in the NFL? now no NFL team will sign him.
But let the Ticats sign him and give him a chance...................... :(

They are discussing the Justin Cox release for domestic violence on the main CFL forum - maybe you should tell them that it's a football forum....not a court of law
All-Star

by blackandgld » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 pm

And is he wanted by police or has he paid whatever debt to society that he had too?
Why hold football players to higher standards than others. Go to a local HS and tell me if you see any drug use...bet you do. Is it right, NO. Are they rotten kids that we should lock up and throw away the key? NO.

Guy comes in with a clean slate and a couple strikes. One more and he will be cut no doubt.
All-Star

by bobo82 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:32 pm

I would imagine that Austin had a serious sit down with Hill before signing him and my guess is that he told him " the lay of the land " and the consequences if they're not followed . Personally I think that if Hill comes in here with his head on straight and ready to play some football and keep his nose clean then he has a great chance of making this team . Saying all that though you can bet the ranch that if he goes back to his old ways and indiscretions that Austin will have him on the first bus out of town with no questions asked.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by canadianfootballfan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm

bobo82 wrote:I would imagine that Austin had a serious sit down with Hill before signing him and my guess is that he told him " the lay of the land " and the consequences if they're not followed . Personally I think that if Hill comes in here with his head on straight and ready to play some football and keep his nose clean then he has a great chance of making this team . Saying all that though you can bet the ranch that if he goes back to his old ways and indiscretions that Austin will have him on the first bus out of town with no questions asked.

He doesn't have a lifetime ban in the NFL, so a great season or two up here would really help him get back. If that doesn't motivate him up here then nothing will.

Either way... Austin wouldn't sign someone he didn't feel good about both on and off the field.
Veteran

by BillyDee87 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:21 am

canadianfootballfan wrote:This is a football forum... not a court of law.

But it sure is a court of public opinion. And that is all that is being passed here. Opinion. No rulings, orders or sentences, just opinions.
"For the sake of humanity" is always the credo of tyranny.
All-Star

by PatLynch » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Yes Billy Dee 87, these are our opinions but some of them are silly according to" Justice Antonin Scalia" on the site. :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
All-Star

Previous