CJ Gable Retiring?

Re: CJ Gable Retiring?

by ExPat » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:46 am

slimjim2 wrote:
"Cry baby Williams" ?? if I remember correctly it was all about his agent telling him that he was being paid a pittance and as the most outstanding player in the league ...

Well, you don't even remember correctly about an easily verifiable fact, never mind private conversations.
All-Star

by bobo82 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:24 am

Well on the bright side at least is the fact that if Gable does indeed retire is that we have stockpiled a bunch of new candidates at RB that will be in T.Camp this year . We also have promising 2nd year man Ross Scheuerman returning as well as Canadian Mercer Timmis for added depth . At the present time the team has including Gable a total of 6 RB's on the roster with all 3 of the newcomers (Cierre Wood , Alex Green , Jeremy Stewart) all having some varying degree of experience playing in the NFL .

As much as I like C J and would love to see him back with the team the fact of the matter is that if he does indeed decide to retire then I'll wish him well and good luck in the future and thank him for his services while here . By the look of things though even if it's with or without Gable this season the Cats seem to have the position well covered with what promises to be some stiff competition and depth at RB for the upcoming season .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by Grover » Sat May 13, 2017 12:26 pm

It appears Gable will be at Training camp, he is working out with MTL QB Vernon Adams

CJ GABLE‏Verified account @CJ_Gable 22h22 hours ago
More
Getting that great work in with my boy @vadams_qb
#new #itsfriday #workingout #football… https://www.instagram.com/p/BUAQmlAA-xn/

Gable will be in the last year of his contract
http://www.cfl.ca/2015/02/23/staying-in ... with-cats/
Last edited by Grover on Sat May 13, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by rockfish » Sat May 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Doesn't matter who we have at Running Back if Austin refuses to run the ball. Seems like he's only interested in a blocker. If that's the case, why not just use a Full Back? Which brings me to the question...why has the Full Back gone the way of the dodo bird in the cfl? Same goes for the Tight End.
Veteran

Previous