Receivers

Re: Receivers

by blackandgld » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:12 pm

Junior Collins ran a 4.37 40
Brian Tyms 4.48
There are your speed guys with Speedy thrown in too.
All-Star

by Lennywasout » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:07 am

Mark wrote:
Palmer wrote:
GOTC1 wrote:Or someone like Banks speed but 6'2" also would do.

:thup: :thup:

I would also like a McLaren in my driveway and $10 M in my bank account. :D

You'd have to be a 22 year old hacker from Ancaster to accomplish that :wink: !
Veteran

by Grover » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:14 am

Palmer wrote:
GOTC1 wrote:Or someone like Banks speed but 6'2" also would do.

:thup: :thup:

6'2" that can run a 4.2/40 and kick field goals

When we draft Vandervoort and sign Fantuz we will be more than set at REC.

Sink got signed as a DB, he will now have to beat out all other NFL quality DB's in Training camp to stay on their roster. A monumental task to say the least.
If cut, both Sink and Andy will be added to our roster before Labour Day! :rockin:
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by LeStaf » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:34 am

bobo82 wrote:We currently have 12 receivers listed on the current roster . 10 returnees ( 6 American / 4 Canadian ) and 2 rookies .
The American contingent as it stands right now is not bad but could use some added depth . The Canadians on the other hand without Fantuz ? Well the less said the better ( no depth / very little experience ) and needs some serious upgrading . Once you get by Watt there is very little behind him . I'm hoping that we can somehow snag Vandervoort with our 4th pick in the upcoming draft . The guy has the potential to be a stud and maybe even the next Fantuz .

Here is what we have right now on the roster in the Receiving Department

Americans

Terrence Toliver
Luke Tasker
Brian Elliott
Brian Tyms
Brandon Banks
Junior Collins
Nathan Palmer ( rookie)
Frankie Okafor ( rookie)

Canadians

Spencer Watt
Giovanni Aprile
Mike Jones
Matt Uren

La brigade de receveurs de Hamilton a à mon sens un très bon noyau. Je pense que le recrutement pourrait trouver un jeune qui la complèterait bien. Si Spencer Watt est un bon receveur capable d'être partant, il demeure qu'il faut qu'il soit appuyé si on compte sur lui pour gérer le ratio de joueurs nationaux. Aprile est un substitut décent, mais un substitut avant tout. Un ajout de ce côté serait approprié.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by schmenger » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:47 am

Rick Foley released by the Arblows....... How about another Canadian DE with an attitude?
Starter

by Grover » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:15 am

schmenger wrote:Rick Foley released by the Arblows....... How about another Canadian DE with an attitude?

Due a roster bonus tomorrow, cut by twitter message today!

I think he would love to sign with us!!!!!
Popp tells Zimmerman to release him with a twitter message. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricky Foley‏Verified account
@Foley4Real
Released via text message by the assistant GM smh... Way to keep it classy #Argos
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by DisplacedCatsFan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:33 am

LeStaf wrote: Aprile est un substitut décent, mais un substitut avant tout. Un ajout de ce côté serait approprié.

I disagree with you about Aprile's abilities. He is at best a Special Teams blocker/tackler, and he is a horrible receiver.
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath
All-Star

by Mark » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Palmer wrote:
Mark wrote:I would also like a McLaren in my driveway and $10 M in my bank account.

And maybe a 6'2" speedster to drive it and take some of your money? :D The beauty of posting on a forum over operating in the real world, eh?

You got it!
All-Star

by LeStaf » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:23 pm

DisplacedCatsFan wrote:
LeStaf wrote: Aprile est un substitut décent, mais un substitut avant tout. Un ajout de ce côté serait approprié.

I disagree with you about Aprile's abilities. He is at best a Special Teams blocker/tackler, and he is a horrible receiver.

Je vais prendre votre opinion au sérieux. Vous l'avez certainement vu plus que moi. Pour ce que j'avais vu de lui, il me semblait décent. Peut-être pas bon, mais décent.

Si je comprends votre jugement, la conclusion était correcte : du renfort chez les receveurs nationaux pourrait être bienvenu.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star

by bobo82 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:36 pm

DisplacedCatsFan wrote:

We don't even know IF he can catch . He's been here three years and IF and it's a big IF ever does actually catch a pass this year, it will be his first actual catch he's ever made . I'm not a big Aprile fan either , the guy has missed 30 games in his 3 years here and when he has been given the opportunity to start has proven that he couldn't catch a cold let alone a football. Trust me IF we do have to start Watt and IF he ever goes down and the next best thing as a replacement is Aprile then we are in serious trouble . We need to desperately draft this Vandervoort kid out of Mac with out 1rst round 4th pick in this upcoming draft.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

All-Star

by PatLynch » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:09 am

I agree with Grover regarding the Sinkfield situation. Watch the Vikings draft to get a clue about how they feel about their Dbs. If their first couple of picks are cornerbacks, then they will be eventually starting over a Sinkfield or any other free agents. If the Vikes don't draft Dbs, then obviously they must be happy with the players already in camp.

Displaying his versatility has got to be a bonus for Sinkfield. I wish him well in Minny but I'm hoping he returns to the Cats. :D

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
All-Star

by hendy77 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:11 am

Our NAT receivers are awful. Watt is good, but how reliable/durable is he?

After him, there is a huge drop off Definitely need an upgrade in this area.
THIS…is our year.
All-Star

by TheBreeze » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:02 pm

Getzlaf would be a decent temporary fill in until Andy returns from injury, but long term we should be looking to draft someone who can replace Andy in the future.
Rookie

by stevehvh » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:14 pm

TheBreeze wrote:Getzlaf would be a decent temporary fill in until Andy returns from injury, but long term we should be looking to draft someone who can replace Andy in the future.

Andy Fantuz is not on the roster, he's a free agent. I think we should be ready to replace him immediately if necessary.

In order for him to come back, he has to: be recovered from injury; be able to play at a high level; want to come back here; sign a contract at a price the team is willing to pay.

I hope it all works out, but I don't think we should assume anything.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey
All-Star

by DisplacedCatsFan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:14 am

Correct, Andy is still a free agent. It makes me wonder WHY he's still a free agent. Look, he's recovering from a torn ACL, and that takes at least a year (personal experience) to recover. While the CFL (and good on the League and CFLPA for doing this) covers the rehab for a player for a year from the injury date, it still means that he will be unavailable for the first 12 games (or so) of the season.

I would love to see (those who know me may be in for a bit of a shock) Andy sign a 2-year contract with the Ticats - probably with a lower base salary with LOTS of incentives, and then he can retire a Tiger-Cat. He was on his way to a 1000-yd season last year, and probably had a chance to eclipse his career best. He proved to me that he is the best National receiver in the League, and probably in the top-10 overall.

We haven't heard much about Andy this off-season, but it makes me wonder if: 1) he (or his agent) are asking for too much; 2) he is going to take a year off to completely rehab his knee (although he won't be making any money from football); 3) he'll make himself available for a late-season signing; or 4) he's planning to retire.

The good thing is, with the number of National starters we have, we could actually start 5 International receivers and not have to worry about a guy like Aprile...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath
All-Star

PreviousNext