Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by ExPat » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:31 pm

I think people who post on anonymous internet forums need to be aware that others may disagree with them or take issue with things they say. You can't be so thin-skinned as to perceive someone pointing out the date of an article as an "attack" or a "backlash".

On the other hand, the OP's retort was clearly an attack on, well, pretty much the whole City of Hamilton. Clearly much worse than anything that came earlier in the thread. Hard to claim the high road for very long once you've chosen that path.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 10:34 am

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by MakeTheCFLGreatAgain » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 pm

How's this for up to date news....
Sink is signing in the NFL... with the Vikings again..... as a DB...... :( wanted him back bad!
Practice Squad
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:46 am

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by Mr. Pike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:50 pm

MakeTheCFLGreatAgain wrote:How's this for up to date news....
Sink is signing in the NFL... with the Vikings again..... as a DB...... :( wanted him back bad!


Good, if true , we don't need him and his salary, he obviously does not want to be here , only wants to be here if he has no other options .......lots of good receivers out there ......
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by of course » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:09 pm

We already have Tolliver, Tyms and Elliott, as well as Banks. We are set at import receiver.
Starter
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by ExPat » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 pm

of course wrote:We already have Tolliver, Tyms and Elliott, as well as Banks. We are set at import receiver.


And Tasker. Also Collins.

Could still use more depth though.
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 10:34 am

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by smogmonster » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 pm

MakeTheCFLGreatAgain wrote:How's this for up to date news....
Sink is signing in the NFL... with the Vikings again..... as a DB...... :( wanted him back bad!


Not so fast.... Nowhere on the Vikings official website does it say that Sinkfield has signed. This is the latest news from Vikings.com - the official website.

Sinkfield dabbles as a defensive back

Sinkfield made an impression during Minnesota’s training camp last summer with his blazing speed.

Now the former Vikings wide receiver is hoping that translates to the other side of the ball.

Sinkfield was one of 12 people to work out Monday morning on the campus of the University of Minnesota for the Gophers Pro Day.

And while he ran routes and did wide receiver drills, he also tried his hand at cornerback drills.

“It was my first time doing some (defensive back) drills in front of some scouts, so I just wanted to show them that I can play DB, too,” Sinkfield said. “I’ve been a receiver for a couple of years, but I’m transitioning to that.

“The more you can do (is helpful),” he added.

Sinkfield said he was a cornerback growing up and in high school but switched to wide receiver at the University of Northern Iowa.

The 26-year-old Minnesota native said he hopes the versatility will attract NFL teams. He showed off his speed Monday, as he said he was told he ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.3-second range.

“Whatever they want to bring me in as, that’s what my focus would be,” Sinkfield said. “But as far as training and all that, I’m doing receiver and cornerback work.

“I’m a free agent now and I’m just trying to get signed,” he later added.

Sinkfield was one of the last players to get cut during training camp and eventually joined the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League. He had 16 catches for 297 yards and three touchdowns in seven games.

He said his time with the Vikings in Mankato was more than beneficial to his game.

“I learned a lot,” Sinkfield said. “There was great coaching, and it was a great opportunity to go out there.”


So far he is still trying to land a job.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 10:30 am

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by bobo82 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:05 am

MakeTheCFLGreatAgain wrote:How's this for up to date news....
Sink is signing in the NFL... with the Vikings again..... as a DB...... :( wanted him back bad!

Up to date news ???
Well without you providing a link or official confirmation or sources to back up yer news then all you have at this time is hearsay and nothing else . I think I'll wait until further notice before I jump to conclusions about if or if not that Sinkfield has signed once again with the Vikings or elsewhere in the NFL.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by catfish » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:48 am

ExPat wrote:
of course wrote:We already have Tolliver, Tyms and Elliott, as well as Banks. We are set at import receiver.


And Tasker. Also Collins.

Could still use more depth though.
You forgot Aprile. :wink:
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1920
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:30 pm

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by LeStaf » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:46 am

catfish wrote:
ExPat wrote:
of course wrote:We already have Tolliver, Tyms and Elliott, as well as Banks. We are set at import receiver.


And Tasker. Also Collins.

Could still use more depth though.
You forgot Aprile. :wink:


Aprile n'est-il pas un joueur national?
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by Liquor Kitty » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:00 pm

blackandgld wrote:
MakeTheCFLGreatAgain wrote:Thanks for coming to my defense. As a newer poster, I wasn't expecting such a backlash on something soo tedious, but I see why others choose not to come here. And it's a reminder of why I moved away from Hamilton when I started making real money. Still a Cats fan thou. See y'all from the Champions Club :) oski wee wee


poor taste on many levels...goodbye


As well as his Trump-like name.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by LeStaf » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:
blackandgld wrote:
MakeTheCFLGreatAgain wrote:Thanks for coming to my defense. As a newer poster, I wasn't expecting such a backlash on something soo tedious, but I see why others choose not to come here. And it's a reminder of why I moved away from Hamilton when I started making real money. Still a Cats fan thou. See y'all from the Champions Club :) oski wee wee


poor taste on many levels...goodbye


As well as his Trump-like name.


Il y a eu un contributeur qui avait nom de TRUMP et qui a tenté de faire du trouble sur le forum des Alouettes. Ça n'a pas duré longtemps. Se serait-il choisi une nouvelle place pour essayer de semer la discorde? Il ne durerait pas plus longtemps, j'imagine.
For translation ----> http://translate.google.ca/
All-Star
 
Posts: 5503
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by Obrigardo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Liquor Kitty wrote:
blackandgld wrote:
MakeTheCFLGreatAgain wrote:Thanks for coming to my defense. As a newer poster, I wasn't expecting such a backlash on something soo tedious, but I see why others choose not to come here. And it's a reminder of why I moved away from Hamilton when I started making real money. Still a Cats fan thou. See y'all from the Champions Club :) oski wee wee


poor taste on many levels...goodbye


As well as his Trump-like name.

The connotation behind liquor kitty could be deemed quite offensive to women
Starter
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by Liquor Kitty » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:03 am

Obrigardo wrote:The connotation behind liquor kitty could be deemed quite offensive to women


If you read it that way.
Where are the women? Let's have a poll of how many woman are on here.

Sorry, but the CFL has always been great. It doesn't have to be made great again, unlike the crappy USA.
User avatar
Veteran
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:47 am

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by bobo82 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 am

Liquor Kitty wrote:
Obrigardo wrote:The connotation behind liquor kitty could be deemed quite offensive to women


If you read it that way.
Where are the women? Let's have a poll of how many woman are on here.

Sorry, but the CFL has always been great. It doesn't have to be made great again, unlike the crappy USA.


And I guess if you put a "Honkin' on" in front of my name that it would also be deemed quite offensive ? :lol: :roll:
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99

Image
User avatar
All-Star
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Sinkfield not returning to Ticats...?

by ticats28 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:20 pm

sink is gone
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-03-30-13-22-40.png
Rookie
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:39 pm

PreviousNext

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests