Ticats add Kaepernick, RGIII to neg. list

Re: Ticats add Kaepernick, RGIII to neg. list

by mightypope » Wed May 10, 2017 10:07 am

I agree that it was a stupid thing for the Ticats to do, especially for the reasons that Sunderland mentions but mainly because the neg lists are basically meaningless and ever changing until a player on the list actually signs a contract.
All-Star

by Lennywasout » Wed May 10, 2017 4:52 pm

You know....people were complaining that we were not privy to the teams neg list. Now that ONE TEAM AND ONE TEAM ONLY actually did some PR work releasing several videos related to their neg list, you guys are now complaining or saying it's meaningless or stupid.

Good on them for doing this. If someone else wants to try and sign one of our neg list players...go for it. I don't think revealing a very few of these guys hurts us at all.

Great PR :rockin:
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:23 pm

News today that the Ticats not only have Kaepernick, RGIII but also Manziel

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/cfl ... li=AAggNb9
All-Star

by letsgoticats » Thu May 18, 2017 2:32 pm

slimjim2 wrote:News today that the Ticats not only have Kaepernick, RGIII but also Manziel

Everyone already knew that had Manziel. He was talked about in the first video they released of neg list players, and several times prior to that as well.
Last edited by letsgoticats on Thu May 18, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starter

by EastVanMark » Thu May 18, 2017 2:33 pm

slimjim2 wrote:News today that the Ticats not only have Kaepernick, RGIII but also Manziel

The Ticats having Manziel on their neg list has been known for a long time now.
All-Star

by Grover » Wed May 24, 2017 9:47 am

CFL News‏ @CFL_News 2m2 minutes ago

Seahawks to work out QB Colin Kaepernick http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/nfl-tra ... 5-24-2017/ … #CFL #Ticats via @DraftDiamonds
Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig
All-Star

by Habsfan » Wed May 24, 2017 12:04 pm

He would likely be ok in Seattle as he is more mobile (just nowhere near as good) like Wilson. It wouldn't take much offensive adjustment should Wilson go down to insert Colin Sack or Pick
Rookie

by PatLynch » Fri May 26, 2017 3:11 am

Trevone Boykin is the backup quarterback in Seattle. He has been arrested in the past for a bar fight, and drug possession. Kaepernick would be a great fit for the hawks. He has a 2:1 td to intercept ratio. He is very mobile not unlike Russel Wilson. He is experienced as a starter, should Wilson go down. Pete Carroll, the head coach, is very much a "players coach" who lets players play. Kaepernick is highly motivated to prove himself to his new team and perhaps the nation.

This could be a good news story for the NFL. Forgiveness and redemption are what the NFL is all about, otherwise how do you explain players like Ray Lewis. The last time I checked, Kaepernick hasn't stabbed and killed anybody. :D

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
All-Star

by Palmer » Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 am

My goodness Pat - a 3:11 am post! What time are you up?
Veteran

by slimjim2 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:20 am

If I was the Seahawks coach/management I would make it clear to Kaepernick that if we sign you, there is no kneeling you stand for the national anthem and the flag. Any of that crap and you are gone.
Save your protests when you are off duty in your own time.
All-Star

by PatLynch » Fri May 26, 2017 8:28 am

Today was a golf day, so I'm up early in anticipation of a great round. As per usual this spring, it rained all day Thursday and sprinkled this morning. My 7 o'clock tee time was washed out because power carts were not allowed out on the course, today.

I'll try again Monday but rain is called for Sunday. Comic Book Guy would probably call this the "Worst spring ever!" :lol:

The frustrating thing about it is that after playing golf for 50 years, I've finally figured the game out but I keep forgetting the solution. I know it's not Y= mx + b

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
All-Star

by guelphcatsfan » Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 am

slimjim2 wrote:If I was the Seahawks coach/management I would make it clear to Kaepernick that if we sign you, there is no kneeling you stand for the national anthem and the flag. Any of that crap and you are gone.

As the son of an immigrant who was grateful to be here, I was taught to always stand for the anthem (and to stop in your tracks if the anthem was playing and you were walking into a stadium etc.).

But is standing really a requirement or a duty? Do we punish people for not doing it? Does someone lose his right to earn a living for exercising his right to protest? I appreciate the passion people feel for living in this great country but treating anthems and flags as sacred rites and objects is inconsistent with what really makes Canada great - freedom baby!

I would be happy to see Kaepernick in Hamilton and while I would be disappointed if he knelt during the anthem I'd still like to see him play.
Starter

by schmenger » Fri May 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Some team owners have black balled Kaepernick for standing up for his beliefs. While some coaches and the almighty football brain trust don't believe he has anything left in his tank. I too believe you should be able to stand up for your rights regardless of whatever anyone else things. If you can not be true to yourself you have caved to the bullies and conformed to their way of thinking. I too would like to see Kaepernick wear the black and gold and continue his football career in the Hammer. I believe he has lots of football left in the tank!
Starter

by Lennywasout » Fri May 26, 2017 12:19 pm

slimjim2 wrote:If I was the Seahawks coach/management I would make it clear to Kaepernick that if we sign you, there is no kneeling you stand for the national anthem and the flag. Any of that crap and you are gone.

Very harsh comments. Maybe you should move to Turkey since your thought process would fit in perfectly with Erdogan's.
The man did not break any criminal or employment laws , did he?

Life is too short to be so judgemental of another person.
Veteran

by heapbag » Fri May 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Lennywasout wrote:

Very harsh comments. Maybe you should move to Turkey since your thought process would fit in perfectly with Erdogan's.
The man did not break any criminal or employment laws , did he?

Life is too short to be so judgemental of another person.

Life is too short for ad hominem attacks as well.
Rookie

PreviousNext